The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
warbird-1

MLB thread: Trade deadline time

Days like yesterday are why you never ever leave a game early. Man I wish I coulda seen it.

I believe it was the first "jump around" of the season. Poor Millar, hated for him to get charged with the error that lead to the winning run. He still bleeds red under that Oriole orange. ;)

Days like yesterday are why you never ever leave a game early. Man I wish I coulda seen it.

I believe it was the first "jump around" of the season. Poor Millar, hated for him to get charged with the error that lead to the winning run. He still bleeds red under that Oriole orange. ;)

Kind of felt bad but not too much. Maybe he will have some jack Daniels to get the disappointment off :lol:

now on to last night

The Sox keep rolling. Dice K a complete game. whats that lol. IT is nice to see. Win as many games as you can because you never know, but as long as Boston stays healthy they will make the playoffs. Health is the key.

my Dodgers lost last night but old Friend Derek Lowe pitches today for me. I hope he wins. 23-16 is still decent.

Swept a DH from Detroit: good.

Beckett to the DL: bad.

Time for a quick dose of interleague play. Seems like the Sox and Braves have usually had good series over the years.

Swept a DH from Detroit: good.

Beckett to the DL: bad.

Time for a quick dose of interleague play. Seems like the Sox and Braves have usually had good series over the years.

So 28-12 is good no? :)

Also my team in the Bad NL West is 25-16 Not bad.

but the team with Great pitching is 17-20 and it 9.5 GB. They need Clemens and that might not be enough for them this year.

but the team with Great pitching is 17-20 and it 9.5 GB. They need Clemens and that might not be enough for them this year.

And their next 2 series against their main rivals, the Mets and Sox. I'm thinking (and hoping) things could get quite hairy over there if they lose both those series.

And their next 2 series against their main rivals, the Mets and Sox. I'm thinking (and hoping) things could get quite hairy over there if they lose both those series.

So far NOT so good for the Yanks, big loss yesterday and right now they're down 8-2 to the Mets. And they lost yet another pitcher to the DL. I sure hope Clemens is ready to pitch on a 3-day rotation :rolleyes: Make that 2-days, he can alternate with Pettite.

On a great note, Red Sox manhandle the Braves two days in a row, with another chance again tonight. Add that to the fact the Slugs are dead and buried.....I'm overflowing with happiness. :D

Edit: Braves had their way tonight but we were due, right? (don't want to get too spoiled). I guess Hansack isn't ready for primetime yet.

So far NOT so good for the Yanks, big loss yesterday and right now they're down 8-2 to the Mets. And they lost yet another pitcher to the DL. I sure hope Clemens is ready to pitch on a 3-day rotation :rolleyes: Make that 2-days, he can alternate with Pettite.

On a great note, Red Sox manhandle the Braves two days in a row, with another chance again tonight. Add that to the fact the Slugs are dead and buried.....I'm overflowing with happiness. :D

Edit: Braves had their way tonight but we were due, right? (don't want to get too spoiled). I guess Hansack isn't ready for primetime yet.

Glad you corrected yourself...We killed the Sox the second game with a score of 14 to zero! We need to get it done today...if not...I pray the Yanks take the Mests....if not....the Mets are going to leave us in the dust......

Smoltz obviously wasn't affected by that hand injury he had against the Nats.

Oh well. We're off to a good start against Hudson today. It'd be pretty cool if we could take 2 of 3 consider these last 2 pitching matchups have been decidedly not in our favor.

Smoltz obviously wasn't affected by that hand injury he had against the Nats.

Oh well. We're off to a good start against Hudson today. It'd be pretty cool if we could take 2 of 3 consider these last 2 pitching matchups have been decidedly not in our favor.

Yea...My brother is a huge Boston fan...he has been ringing my phone off the hook since the end of the 1st. I'm ignoring his calls until the game is over. The fat lady is not singing yet!

Okay the fat lady has sung. We are done now so someone can flip us now! Guess I might as well talk to my brother now and get it over with.

Glad you corrected yourself...We killed the Sox the second game with a score of 14 to zero! We need to get it done today...if not...I pray the Yanks take the Mests....if not....the Mets are going to leave us in the dust......

I'll shamefully admit I was hoping for a rain out the whole time :ph34r:

No faith in the mighty Kason Gabbard, tsa? For shame! :P

Wang vs. Wake tomorrow. Main thing for me is this Yanks series to just make sure we don't give them any life, don't get swept and let it be some kind of turning point. With our lead as big as it is we can afford to lose 2 of 3, but getting swept would be very bad.

Wang vs. Wake tomorrow. Main thing for me is this Yanks series to just make sure we don't give them any life, don't get swept and let it be some kind of turning point. With our lead as big as it is we can afford to lose 2 of 3, but getting swept would be very bad.

No no no, not Sunday's game, I was hoping the night game on Sat (which we got slapped around 14-0) would have rained out.

Young Gabbard did a good job. Hansack....not so much, which is why he's in Pawtucket now. Hopefully Beckett heals quick and get back in the rotation. If he's starting to get blisters (which he's denying), that could really put a kink in the rotation.

No no no, not Sunday's game, I was hoping the night game on Sat (which we got slapped around 14-0) would have rained out.

Young Gabbard did a good job. Hansack....not so much, which is why he's in Pawtucket now. Hopefully Beckett heals quick and get back in the rotation. If he's starting to get blisters (which he's denying), that could really put a kink in the rotation.

hopefully Lester can come back soon so he can fill one of those spots. http://redsox.bostonherald.com/redSox/view.bg?articleid=1002200' target="_blank">http://redsox.bostonherald.com/redSox/view...ticleid=1002200[/post]

a bad note for my, my Dodgers got smoked this weeked but are still in first at least by 1 game.

hopefully Lester can come back soon so he can fill one of those spots. http://redsox.bostonherald.com/redSox/view.bg?articleid=1002200' target="_blank">http://redsox.bostonherald.com/redSox/view...ticleid=1002200[/post]

a bad note for my, my Dodgers got smoked this weeked but are still in first at least by 1 game.

Thanks for that link, glad to hear he's back on track. I heard on XM today the the Sox were in no hurry to rush him back. They wanted to be sure he was really ready and got 100% clearance from the doctors.

They brought Delcarmen back up for tonight, Wang has pitched a great game and Wakefield hasnt. Oh well, we'll get them tomorrow night.

Dodgers are hanging in there. :)

Thanks for that link, glad to hear he's back on track. I heard on XM today the the Sox were in no hurry to rush him back. They wanted to be sure he was really ready and got 100% clearance from the doctors.

They brought Delcarmen back up for tonight, Wang has pitched a great game and Wakefield hasnt. Oh well, we'll get them tomorrow night.

Dodgers are hanging in there. :)

Tons of LOBs tonight. That better improve tomorrow, we'll need it with Tavarez vs. Mussina.

That's almost as good a match up as Tavarez/Halliday (before appendacitis) :rolleyes:

Whats up with JDDrew? Is he hurt or just slumping?

Tons of LOBs tonight. That better improve tomorrow, we'll need it with Tavarez vs. Mussina.

That's almost as good a match up as Tavarez/Halliday (before appendacitis) :rolleyes:

Don't know, but I'm thinking we should try someone else in the #5 slot for awhile. I'd say Lowell, but Tito seems like like having a lefty behind Manny.