The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
warbird-1

MLB thread: Trade deadline time

Wow, just wow. I could've driven in that second run...but, no, of course not.

Well, at least it's 5-5.

So, are you enjoying the fans in Fenway tonight Gip? Classic!

I am enjoying the silence that comes courtesy of A-Rod's bat and Mo's cutter that finally looks like Mo's cutter. ;)

I would worry about catching Baltimore and Toronto before the Sox. The Yanks still got a very long way to go.

Uh-oh Red Sox fans, the next 5 out of 7 games out west are late nighters. Looks like we may have a few sleep deprived members by next weekend, me included.

Uh-oh Red Sox fans, the next 5 out of 7 games out west are late nighters. Looks like we may have a few sleep deprived members by next weekend, me included.

And they lost in tough fashion as well.

but at least for me my Dodgers are playing well in the bad NL West. :D 34-23 is not bad right? I think its better than 24-31 dontcha think B)

Why yes I do Medford :)

Very tough loss for Sox. Great effort after the looooooong Yankees game Sunday night and flying out west immediately though. They really need to stop giving up the early runs, its starting to get tougher and tougher to dig out. Although Willie MO got that homerun, he still annoys the heck out of me. JD Drew can't get healthy fast enough for me.

Dodgers still looking good.

Why yes I do Medford :)

Very tough loss for Sox. Great effort after the looooooong Yankees game Sunday night and flying out west immediately though. They really need to stop giving up the early runs, its starting to get tougher and tougher to dig out. Although Willie MO got that homerun, he still annoys the heck out of me. JD Drew can't get healthy fast enough for me.

Dodgers still looking good.

Hard to believe we were that close to winning a game when we had Tavarez on the mound and Cora, Pena, Hinske, and Belli all in the lineup on the same night. Then again I'm glad I went to bed during the 8th inning. Saved myself some stress and got more zzzz. Didn't think there was any way we could mount a rally with such a patchwork lineup.

Although Willie MO got that homerun, he still annoys the heck out of me.

He makes Manny look like Willie Mays sometimes. I think of him as our version of Pedro Cerrano from Major League.

"Straightball I hit it very much. Curveball ... bats are afraid."

Hard to believe we were that close to winning a game when we had Tavarez on the mound and Cora, Pena, Hinske, and Belli all in the lineup on the same night. Then again I'm glad I went to bed during the 8th inning. Saved myself some stress and got more zzzz. Didn't think there was any way we could mount a rally with such a patchwork lineup.

He makes Manny look like Willie Mays sometimes. I think of him as our version of Pedro Cerrano from Major League.

Need more sacrifices to Jobu. *lights match*

Need more sacrifices to Jobu. *lights match*

LMAO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (I absolutely LOVE that movie!!!!!)

How I let myself get sucked into reading all this Bosox rambling I'll never know, but considering that the alternative is over to my Cubs boards for...... what ??????????????? sigh. Oy vay. Our manager needs to join Chris Pronger in the siberian gulag to which I am preparing a place for him!

How I let myself get sucked into reading all this Bosox rambling I'll never know, but considering that the alternative is over to my Cubs boards for...... what ??????????????? sigh. Oy vay. Our manager needs to join Chris Pronger in the siberian gulag to which I am preparing a place for him!

I think he's already put himself there. LOL

I think he's already put himself there. LOL

We knew they had to cool down sometime but this month looks to be our biggest hurdle to jump. The schedule is not looking too good so I'm hoping this little cool down doesn't last too long.

Dice-K had a decent outing but no run support.....but not from lack of players on base :rolleyes:

Can't decide whether or not it'll be worth it to stay up late again....but I'm sure I will. Wake needs a good turn around game.

We knew they had to cool down sometime but this month looks to be our biggest hurdle to jump. The schedule is not looking too good so I'm hoping this little cool down doesn't last too long.

Dice-K had a decent outing but no run support.....but not from lack of players on base :rolleyes:

Can't decide whether or not it'll be worth it to stay up late again....but I'm sure I will. Wake needs a good turn around game.

Do not feel bad the Dodgers lost as well 1-0 when Schmidt pitched a great game. tonight they have a chance but tomorrow they go against Peavy with their #5 starter Kuo :blink:

Wake is going to do well tongiht I can feel it B)

Will we ever score a run again?

I'm sitting here just shaking my head. And again we must dig out. :angry:

Will we ever score a run again?

I'm sitting here just shaking my head. And again we must dig out. :angry:

MLB Draft is today, on tv for the first time ever. The order for the 1st round (highlighting teams that are of most interest to posters here):

1. Tampa Bay Devil Rays -- David Price, LHP, Vanderbilt

2. Kansas City Royals -- Mike Moustakas, 3B/1B, High School

3. Chicago Cubs -- Josh Vitters, 3B, High School

4. Pittsburgh Pirates -- Daniel Moskos, LHP, Clemson

5. Baltimore Orioles -- Matt Wieters, C, Georgia Tech

6. Washington Nationals -- Ross Detwiler, LHP, Missouri State

7. Milwaukee Brewers -- Matt LaPorta, 1B, Florida

8. Colorado Rockies -- Casey Weathers, RHP, Vanderbilt

9. Arizona Diamondbacks -- Jarrod Parker, RHP, High School

10. San Francisco Giants -- Madison Bumgarner, LHP, High School

11. Seattle Mariners -- Phillippe Aumont, RHP, High School

12. Florida Marlins -- Matt Dominguez, 3B, High School

13. Cleveland Indians -- Beau Mills, 3B/1B, Lewis-Clark State

14. Atlanta Braves -- Jason Heyward, OF, High School

15. Cincinnati Reds -- Devin Mesoraco, C, High School

16. Toronto Blue Jays (from Rangers for type A Catalanotto) -- Kevin Ahrens, 3B, High School

17. Texas Rangers (from Astros for type A Lee) -- Blake Beavan, RHP, High School

18. St. Louis Cardinals -- Peter Kozma, SS, High School

19. Philadelphia Phillies -- Joseph Savery, RHP, Rice

20. Los Angeles Dodgers (from Red Sox for type A Lugo) -- Christopher Withrow, RHP, High School

21. Toronto Blue Jays -- Jonathan Arencibia, C, Tennessee

22. San Francisco Giants (from Dodgers for type A Schmidt) -- Timothy Alderson, RHP, High School

23. San Diego Padres -- Nicholas Schmidt, RHP, Arkansas

24. Texas Rangers (from Angels for type A Matthews) -- Michael Main, RHP, High School

25. Chicago White Sox -- Aaron Poreda, LHP, Univ. of San Francisco

26. Oakland A's -- James Simmons, RHP, UC-Riverside

27. Detroit Tigers -- Rick Porcello, RHP, High School

28. Minnesota Twins -- Ben Revere, CF, High School

29. San Francisco Giants (from Mets for type A Alou) -- Wendell Fairley, CF, High School

30. New York Yankees -- Andrew Brackman, RHP, NC State

The Sox have no 1st round pick, courtesy of the Lugo signing. We don't pick until #55 in the supplemental 1st round.

I'll try to update this post if I can as the draft progresses.

NOOOOOO! at Brackman going to the Yankees. I can only hope they trade him before he gets to the bigs.

Great job Warbird, you're a busy guy. Only 15 minutes to game time though.....

Not really. I'm sitting here at work with nothing to do, waiting til its time to go home. :lol:

Papi homers in the 1st......hopefully a sign of good things to come?

Must make a note to myself, change son's position to pitching on his little league team. They obviously get drafted first!!!

Papi homers in the 1st......hopefully a sign of good things to come?

Must make a note to myself, change son's position to pitching on his little league team. They obviously get drafted first!!!