The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
warbird-1

MLB thread: Trade deadline time

Oh yeah. Every win streak has to end at some point. I'm just hoping that we can dominate the interleague play and catch up to the BoSox some what. I'm not expecting a very long winning streak, but I would be happy (and I can't believe I'm saying this) to be 5 games behind or so the Sox. Being over .500 is good, and thats just another step in catching up in the race.

If Schilling keeps throwing what he's throwing so far, your Yanks will be one game closer after tonight. :angry:

Maybe if Schilling could just skip every other start, we wouldn't have to watch his stinkers.

Oh yeah. Every win streak has to end at some point. I'm just hoping that we can dominate the interleague play and catch up to the BoSox some what. I'm not expecting a very long winning streak, but I would be happy (and I can't believe I'm saying this) to be 5 games behind or so the Sox. Being over .500 is good, and thats just another step in catching up in the race.

If Schilling keeps throwing what he's throwing so far, your Yanks will be one game closer after tonight. :angry:

Maybe if Schilling could just skip every other start, we wouldn't have to watch his stinkers.

Yep I was about to say color me unsurprised that he followed his great start with a crappy one.

Yep I was about to say color me unsurprised that he followed his great start with a crappy one.

Look at this way, at least we know the next one will be much better. And can you answer this: Why on earth didn't we send Piniero down when Timlin came back instead of Romero? And...is Timlin really ready?

Look at this way, at least we know the next one will be much better. And can you answer this: Why on earth didn't we send Piniero down when Timlin came back instead of Romero? And...is Timlin really ready?

8 In a row! 8.5 behind the Sox. Still got quite a ways to go.

It was nice of Curt Schilling to help you guys out :rolleyes: .

8 In a row! 8.5 behind the Sox. Still got quite a ways to go.

It was nice of Curt Schilling to help you guys out :rolleyes: .

Ya know, watching the Rox play the Sox reminded me that I've always wanted the underdogs to win (Rockies, D-Rays, Brewers, Royals). Just felt bad. (I know, years of pent up frustration for Red Sox fans, but hey... you're Sox fans, I'm a Yankees fan. Can't feel TOO sorry now. :P

The Minnesota Twins cap off a 3-2 comeback win over the Braves tonight at the Metrodome.

Just saw the Marlins pitcher get stepped on....OUCH!

I heard that on the news, was it as bad as they said?

The Minnesota Twins cap off a 3-2 comeback win over the Braves tonight at the Metrodome.

He was really hurt from what I saw, holding his had...rolled in pain a few times..looked really bad, he stayed in the game though...the runner actually stopped and looked as tho he woulda walked over to see how he was....untill he discovered the live ball.

The announcers made it sound like he just severed his arm and passed out. Its tough when serious injuries happen, I hate that for any player from any team.

Also, as a Sox fan, I am officially concerned. I'm passed just feeling "uneasy", not quite in the "worried" or "panicked" stage but definately, concerned. I'm heading to Beantown tomorrow for a date with my Sox and Barry Bonds, YAY!!! Maybe I'll bring some mojo with me for the trip.

The announcers made it sound like he just severed his arm and passed out. Its tough when serious injuries happen, I hate that for any player from any team.

Also, as a Sox fan, I am officially concerned. I'm passed just feeling "uneasy", not quite in the "worried" or "panicked" stage but definately, concerned. I'm heading to Beantown tomorrow for a date with my Sox and Barry Bonds, YAY!!! Maybe I'll bring some mojo with me for the trip.

My god our offense has dried up since the Yankees series.

Over the 10 games since the end of that series, our run outputs have been:

4, 0, 2, 1, 10, 4, 1, 2, 2, 1

Take out that one game against Arizona, and we've only scored 17 runs in the other 9 games. And we can't chalk it up to injuries either. Guys just gotta start hitting.

Awesome! You got good seats?

Right field box for Friday night, and I'm not sure where the Sat seats will be yet. Cant wait!!!!!!

Right field box for Friday night, and I'm not sure where the Sat seats will be yet. Cant wait!!!!!!

hope you enjoy the game top :D

Do you guys think it'll be a little easier for Bonds to homer at Fenway? He bats left, and the wall (or fence as I put it) isn't very high on that side... Side note, didn't matter who homered, but whenever someone hit it over the the entire Green Monster to the other side, I always thought that was so frickin cool. Never gonna see that happen at Yankee Stadium, old OR new.

Do you guys think it'll be a little easier for Bonds to homer at Fenway? He bats left, and the wall (or fence as I put it) isn't very high on that side... Side note, didn't matter who homered, but whenever someone hit it over the the entire Green Monster to the other side, I always thought that was so frickin cool. Never gonna see that happen at Yankee Stadium, old OR new.

Only if he pulls it right down the line towards Pesky's Pole. Otherwise it isn't that easy to hit one out of RF, in spite of the short wall.