The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
warbird-1

MLB thread: Trade deadline time

Do you guys think it'll be a little easier for Bonds to homer at Fenway? He bats left, and the wall (or fence as I put it) isn't very high on that side... Side note, didn't matter who homered, but whenever someone hit it over the the entire Green Monster to the other side, I always thought that was so frickin cool. Never gonna see that happen at Yankee Stadium, old OR new.

Only if he pulls it right down the line towards Pesky's Pole. Otherwise it isn't that easy to hit one out of RF, in spite of the short wall.

Since I was there, and sitting right at the Pesky pole Friday night, I can report that the hit that Bonds had that they called foul, looked good to us.

Just got back in early this morning after two awesome games! Only thing missing for me was a walk off homer by Papi and a big "jump around" but fortunately, we didn't need either. The Fenway faithful didn't disappoint and the creativity of the anti-Bonds paraphenilia received an A+. All this culminated with the ever important "Yankees suck" cheer after the final Mets/Yanks score was flashed on the jumbotron. Heck, even Tavarez got a win ;) .

In yesterday's game, it was great to see Dice-K have a strong 7 innings. Seeing him pitch, followed by Okajima and then Papelbon reminded me why these guys are sitting in first place.

What was interesting was there were sooooo many Giant fans there for both games. Pretty historic since the last time the Giants came to town was 1912. Very unusual for Fenway Park to have so many opposing fans there but they were great. I can't speak for what may have gone on in the bleachers (who ever can :o ) but from where I was sitting, the fans all got along fine. I asked a couple Giant fans sitting in front of us what they really thought of Bonds and their answer was classic: "He may be a cheater, but he's our cheater."

I'll try and post a picture or two when I actually wake up.

Do you guys think it'll be a little easier for Bonds to homer at Fenway? He bats left, and the wall (or fence as I put it) isn't very high on that side... Side note, didn't matter who homered, but whenever someone hit it over the the entire Green Monster to the other side, I always thought that was so frickin cool. Never gonna see that happen at Yankee Stadium, old OR new.

Only if he pulls it right down the line towards Pesky's Pole. Otherwise it isn't that easy to hit one out of RF, in spite of the short wall.

Since I was there, and sitting right at the Pesky pole Friday night, I can report that the hit that Bonds had that they called foul, looked good to us.

Just got back in early this morning after two awesome games! Only thing missing for me was a walk off homer by Papi and a big "jump around" but fortunately, we didn't need either. The Fenway faithful didn't disappoint and the creativity of the anti-Bonds paraphenilia received an A+. All this culminated with the ever important "Yankees suck" cheer after the final Mets/Yanks score was flashed on the jumbotron. Heck, even Tavarez got a win ;) .

In yesterday's game, it was great to see Dice-K have a strong 7 innings. Seeing him pitch, followed by Okajima and then Papelbon reminded me why these guys are sitting in first place.

What was interesting was there were sooooo many Giant fans there for both games. Pretty historic since the last time the Giants came to town was 1912. Very unusual for Fenway Park to have so many opposing fans there but they were great. I can't speak for what may have gone on in the bleachers (who ever can :o ) but from where I was sitting, the fans all got along fine. I asked a couple Giant fans sitting in front of us what they really thought of Bonds and their answer was classic: "He may be a cheater, but he's our cheater."

I'll try and post a picture or two when I actually wake up.

I've always had a hard time judging balls hit down that line are fair on tv. There have been a lot of time where a ball is ruled a HR where I've wondered how the heck it could've been fair based on where it landed.

Heck, even Tavarez got a win ;) .

Really have to hand it to Tavarez. As much as we fans have picked on him, he's done everything you could ask of a no. 5 starter. He's given the team a chance to win just about every time out. He's made 12 starts and has allowed more than 4 ER only once, and his only bad start wasn't really that bad (4/24 vs. TOR, 6 ER in 4.2 IP). Not to mention he seems to invariably get matched up against the other team's ace.

Alright Braves fans, here come the Sox!

Schilling vs. James

Beckett vs. Hudson

Tavarez vs. Carlyle

Hmmm...he looked pretty big to me.

Untitled3.jpgUntitled2.jpg

So we gave up a homerun to him, I'll take the sweep :D

Dice-K (left) Yooouk! (right)

Untitled6.jpgUntitled5.jpg

Manny, Pedroia and Coco (left) and the guys behind us wearing the Barry Blinders(right)

Untitled.jpgDSC01307.jpg

WoooHoooo...I had some great seats!

Hmmm...he looked pretty big to me.

Untitled3.jpgUntitled2.jpg

So we gave up a homerun to him, I'll take the sweep :D

Dice-K (left) Yooouk! (right)

Untitled6.jpgUntitled5.jpg

Manny, Pedroia and Coco (left) and the guys behind us wearing the Barry Blinders(right)

Untitled.jpgDSC01307.jpg

WoooHoooo...I had some great seats!

I'm not liking this game so far but I will say the Atlanta announcers are quite good. Been a pleasure to listen to through this little debacle of a game.

Edit: Timlin is NOT READY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not liking this game so far but I will say the Atlanta announcers are quite good. Been a pleasure to listen to through this little debacle of a game.

Edit: Timlin is NOT READY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Woo go Braves. Watched the last inning.

Sadly, I watched the whole thing. Braves looked good, Schilling did not. The good news is that Coco and JD Drew seem to have come out of their slumps.

Woo go Braves. Watched the last inning.

Sadly, I watched the whole thing. Braves looked good, Schilling did not. The good news is that Coco and JD Drew seem to have come out of their slumps.

Sadly, I watched the whole thing.

lol, you're tougher than me I guess. I turned it off after McCann made it 6-1

I think Timlin is probably cooked. I don't want Tito using him in anything other than mopup duty unless he proves he can be more effective.

I saw it all. The Braves did well against one of the best teams in the league. Of course it's my favorite team against my second favorite. Before the game I predicted it would be a little bit closer in score and possibly go into extra innings. Boy did I miss it.

C Jones had me a little worried when he fell on his bad hand again but he seems to be doing okay with it.

We will see if we have the same results in tonights rematch.

I don't know, he looked like he struggled with it the whole game, although he still played well. Guess we'll find out tonight if it did get hurt.

I'm hoping Beckett has a much beter showing than Schilling did :rolleyes: .

I don't know, he looked like he struggled with it the whole game, although he still played well. Guess we'll find out tonight if it did get hurt.

He can't do much worse.

Hopefully he won't have to be. The Sox alreay killed Hudson once this year I read he's winless in his last 5 starts against the Sox going back to when he was in Oakland.

But now I've probably jinxed it by posting this and Hudson will pitch a 2-hit shutout or something.

Hopefully he won't have to be. The Sox alreay killed Hudson once this year I read he's winless in his last 5 starts against the Sox going back to when he was in Oakland.

But now I've probably jinxed it by posting this and Hudson will pitch a 2-hit shutout or something.

Nice one Warbird.... :rolleyes: . Now go jinks the Yankees too.

Edit: Schilling heading to Boston for medical tests???

http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20070619&content_id=2036101&vkey=news_bos&fext=.jsp&c_id=bos' target="_blank">http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/news/article....sp&c_id=bos[/post]

Saving face or legitimate concern? Lester anyone?

Nice one Warbird.... :rolleyes: . Now go jinks the Yankees too.

Edit: Schilling heading to Boston for medical tests???

http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20070619&content_id=2036101&vkey=news_bos&fext=.jsp&c_id=bos' target="_blank">http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/news/article....sp&c_id=bos[/post]

Saving face or legitimate concern? Lester anyone?

Read somewhere that Yanks are looking to get a pretty good 1st baseman. Maybe Mark Teixeira, or Todd Helton. Big surprise about my Yanks willing to spend more money. I hope they keep what young talent we have. They've gotta keep Phil Hughes, which I think is our future star for years. Also read a rumor that the BoSox would take Teixeira for Mike Lowell, and move Youki to 3rd.

mlbtraderumors.com

Love that site.

That rain delay actually may have worked out for the best last night. Beckett maybe ready to pitch on Sunday to take Schilling's start for him. Regardless of what they find in his MRI (if anything), he should have a night off cause he looks tired.

Good night overall, Sox win, Yanks lose. Need more breathing room.....

That rain delay actually may have worked out for the best last night. Beckett maybe ready to pitch on Sunday to take Schilling's start for him. Regardless of what they find in his MRI (if anything), he should have a night off cause he looks tired.

Good night overall, Sox win, Yanks lose. Need more breathing room.....

Congratulations Top and War on the Sox's win last night. Tonight will break the series either way.

Well CUPCRAZY, this one isn't looking too good for the Braves. I think its safe to say that Coco and the RedSox offense have finally woken up. 3 homeruns in two innings, and 7-0 through 3 innings is a good way to wake up.

Umm...make that 4 homeruns.

On a not-so-good note:

http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20070620&content_id=2038365&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb' target="_blank">http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/news/articl...sp&c_id=mlb[/post]

Congratulations Top and War on the Sox's win last night. Tonight will break the series either way.

Well CUPCRAZY, this one isn't looking too good for the Braves. I think its safe to say that Coco and the RedSox offense have finally woken up. 3 homeruns in two innings, and 7-0 through 3 innings is a good way to wake up.

Umm...make that 4 homeruns.

On a not-so-good note:

http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20070620&content_id=2038365&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb' target="_blank">http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/news/articl...sp&c_id=mlb[/post]