The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
warbird-1

MLB thread: Trade deadline time

So I just wanna make sure I'm reading the box scores right. David Ortiz got a SB? I didn't think that was possible for him to get.

I CAN confirm it. I think the Mariners were just as suprised and just watched it happen.

So I just wanna make sure I'm reading the box scores right. David Ortiz got a SB? I didn't think that was possible for him to get.

I CAN confirm it. I think the Mariners were just as suprised and just watched it happen.

Wow, maybe with a win tonight, we could be 1 game below .500. (Us Yankees that is). We got a streak going, and then... *queef*, we ran out of gas.

Nevermind, we're losing 0-4. Our Rockets running out of gas as well.

Wow, maybe with a win tonight, we could be 1 game below .500. (Us Yankees that is). We got a streak going, and then... *queef*, we ran out of gas.

Not looking good, Roger "the Rocket" is getting lit up tonight.

Not looking good, Roger "the Rocket" is getting lit up tonight.

That one inning is all it took. Shut out.

Should have pulled Clemens at the end of the 5th. The man can't go more than 5.

That one inning is all it took. Shut out.

Should have pulled Clemens at the end of the 5th. The man can't go more than 5.

Mussina had that same problem for the longest time. I heard it best this morning listening to ESPNRadio. Any other team would settle for winning 78 games or so, and keeping their core group of young prospects. Dont make the playoffs this year, its fine. In a couple of years, we'll have a great group of players who are committed to this team. But the Yankees... they traded away prospects left and right to get the best in the market at the time, and now its biting us back. That was always the one thing I did not like about us. I'd hear about Lastings Milledge with the Mets, and Hanley Ramirez with the Sox (although he was traded as well, but in return you recieved Beckett. Definite win-win there)

Steinbrenner and the rest of NY will not be satisfied that they wont win the World Series, or even make the Playoffs. Making the playoffs is considered "mediocre".

Sorry, had to vent a little.

Edit: When Clemens started the 5th, he threw around 60 pitches, which I thought was OK. Then it went downhill.

Mussina had that same problem for the longest time. I heard it best this morning listening to ESPNRadio. Any other team would settle for winning 78 games or so, and keeping their core group of young prospects. Dont make the playoffs this year, its fine. In a couple of years, we'll have a great group of players who are committed to this team. But the Yankees... they traded away prospects left and right to get the best in the market at the time, and now its biting us back. That was always the one thing I did not like about us. I'd hear about Lastings Milledge with the Mets, and Hanley Ramirez with the Sox (although he was traded as well, but in return you recieved Beckett. Definite win-win there)

Steinbrenner and the rest of NY will not be satisfied that they wont win the World Series, or even make the Playoffs. Making the playoffs is considered "mediocre".

Edit: When Clemens started the 5th, he threw around 60 pitches, which I thought was OK. Then it went downhill.

I heard an interview with one of the Yank's beat reporters about a month back saying that this would have to be a re-building year in the Bronx. They hadn't had to do so in a long time and clearly the older vets hadn't been able to get the job done in a few years. It was time to fortify the farm system and invest in a new young future for the Yankees.

I really think that they actually might have gone for that if Clemens didn't agree to sign and they didn't go on that mini winning streak that may have given them false hopes. At this pace, I have a hard time seeing them even make the wild card but stranger things have happened and any team can get hot. But....time is ticking on and things don't look to be getting any better for them. I have a friend whose a die-hard Yankee fan, and he's wishing the wheels would just fall off completely so they would be forced to re-think the whole organizations' philosophies on scouting, drafting and developing.

As a Red Sox fan, I admit I'm taking great pleasure in the Yanks demise, but I'm well aware it could happen to us anytime.

I heard an interview with one of the Yank's beat reporters about a month back saying that this would have to be a re-building year in the Bronx. They hadn't had to do so in a long time and clearly the older vets hadn't been able to get the job done in a few years. It was time to fortify the farm system and invest in a new young future for the Yankees.

I really think that they actually might have gone for that if Clemens didn't agree to sign and they didn't go on that mini winning streak that may have given them false hopes. At this pace, I have a hard time seeing them even make the wild card but stranger things have happened and any team can get hot. But....time is ticking on and things don't look to be getting any better for them. I have a friend whose a die-hard Yankee fan, and he's wishing the wheels would just fall off completely so they would be forced to re-think the whole organizations' philosophies on scouting, drafting and developing.

As a Red Sox fan, I admit I'm taking great pleasure in the Yanks demise, but I'm well aware it could happen to us anytime.

Certainly. I have to admit that seeing the BoSox get swept gave me hope that we could, once again, try to catch up. But us losing as well certainly didn't help us. It didn't hurt us any more, since we both lost. But it would have been nice. I say, go for it. I wish we would have traded Abreu for Dye before. I know that was out there for a while. Change of scenery could of helped both of them. Especially since Abreu and Ozzie are both Venezuelan. Move Abreu for some prospects. If I was Cashman, I would be very involved with the trading block.

Certainly. I have to admit that seeing the BoSox get swept gave me hope that we could, once again, try to catch up. But us losing as well certainly didn't help us. It didn't hurt us any more, since we both lost. But it would have been nice. I say, go for it. I wish we would have traded Abreu for Dye before. I know that was out there for a while. Change of scenery could of helped both of them. Especially since Abreu and Ozzie are both Venezuelan. Move Abreu for some prospects. If I was Cashman, I would be very involved with the trading block.

Being a seller would certainly be an odd position for Cashman to be in :huh: .

Being a seller would certainly be an odd position for Cashman to be in :huh: .

Lets go Devil Rays! :lol:

Funny story, I was at the Dodgers/Devil Rays game last Saturday. I was sitting in the 3rd floor behing home plate, and with 2 outs in the bottom of the 9th inning, the ball was tipped and it came straight at me. I went to catch the ball, but it had so much top spin on it, it like richoet off my side and landed like 5 feet away from me! So I had to take the pain and I didn't even get a ball out of it :angry: I should bring a glove next time; i wanted the ball so bad too!!

Anyways, I think that the Rays have a good team, but they need a bullpen. I say Rays will win the world series in 2015 ^_^

Funny story, I was at the Dodgers/Devil Rays game last Saturday. I was sitting in the 3rd floor behing home plate, and with 2 outs in the 9th inning, the ball was tipped and it came straight at me. I went to catch the ball, but it had so much top spin on it, it like richoet off my side and landed like 5 feet away from me! So I had to take the pain and I didn't even get a ball out of it :angry: I should bring a glove next time; i wanted the ball so bad too!!

Did you at least get on TV?

Funny story, I was at the Dodgers/Devil Rays game last Saturday. I was sitting in the 3rd floor behing home plate, and with 2 outs in the 9th inning, the ball was tipped and it came straight at me. I went to catch the ball, but it had so much top spin on it, it like richoet off my side and landed like 5 feet away from me! So I had to take the pain and I didn't even get a ball out of it :angry: I should bring a glove next time; i wanted the ball so bad too!!

Did you at least get on TV?

I like the DRays. I wish they would contend more. They DO need bullpen help. Also, another top starting pitcher could really help as well. As much as I love the Yankees, I think it would be AWESOME to have the DRays goto the Series and win.

Can't help but follow the Rays a little bit since the Bulls are here. Incidently, the Bulls are 4-0 when I've gone this year, so that's something.

Yeah Kazmir and Shields have been excellent. I think he two call ups, Sonnanstine and Howell have a bright future. When Price pitches maybe next season he'll be another good pitcher some day. They should take Jackson out of the starting rotation and can Fossum. Good season for Carlos Pena, eh? I also think Aki at 3rd will be a real good player as the seasons go on.

I wish the Tampa Bay Devil Rays PLAYED in Tampa! It's like an hour and a half drive to St. Pete from my house.

I wouldnt mind getting Scott Olsen. I think that kids got talent. I dont know who the Marlins would want (I'd give Abreu for him, just to get rid of him)