The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
warbird-1

MLB thread: Trade deadline time

Yeah Kazmir and Shields have been excellent. I think he two call ups, Sonnanstine and Howell have a bright future. When Price pitches maybe next season he'll be another good pitcher some day. They should take Jackson out of the starting rotation and can Fossum. Good season for Carlos Pena, eh? I also think Aki at 3rd will be a real good player as the seasons go on.

I wish the Tampa Bay Devil Rays PLAYED in Tampa! It's like an hour and a half drive to St. Pete from my house.

LOL I know what you mean. It's not that bad from Tampa to St Pete. We have family at St. Pete and we'd drive from the Stadium to their house in about half an hour or so. But Aki is good for them. And AWESOME about Price. That kid should be a middle of the rotation starter for a year or two, and then probably be behind Kaz or be the ace, depending on what happens to those two down the road. I wasnt happy with the Mets trading Kazmir away originally.. now, I'm ok with it. :)

Not sure TSA, I didn't record the game and they don't show the crowd on their big jumbo tron thing. Have you ever caught a ball at the game before?

No, but I have been hit by a puck (a Sami Kapanen slapshot). I find it amusing to watch grown men dive over kids to get a ball

Not sure TSA, I didn't record the game and they don't show the crowd on their big jumbo tron thing. Have you ever caught a ball at the game before?

No, but I have been hit by a puck (a Sami Kapanen slapshot). I find it amusing to watch grown men dive over kids to get a ball

From all the Lightning games i've been too, i've only gotten 2 pucks and that was during warm-ups. I almost got hit by the puck during a preseason game. I was in the 2nd from behind the penalty box and i briefly looked up to see the time remaining and i saw the puck go between me and the jumbo tron like 5 inchs from my head. So if I was paying attention, that would have been mine; but I was lucky it didn't hit me in the head, ouch!

But anyways back on topic, Do you think the Red Sox already locked up the division or do you think Toronto or the Yanks have a chance?

From all the Lightning games i've been too, i've only gotten 2 pucks and that was during warm-ups. I almost got hit by the puck during a preseason game. I was in the 2nd from behind the penalty box and i briefly looked up to see the time remaining and i saw the puck go between me and the jumbo tron like 5 inchs from my head. So if I was paying attention, that would have been mine; but I was lucky it didn't hit me in the head, ouch!

But anyways back on topic, Do you think the Red Sox already locked up the division or do you think Toronto or the Yanks have a chance?

Trust me, it hurts like hell.

My gut tells me that the Sox will take the division but anything can happen. Look at the O's tonight taking it to the Yanks...who saw this sweep coming? I think if the Yankees were gonna have a shot at the division, they would have had to have taken advantage of the spanking the Sox just got in Seattle. Instead, the Yankees got their own spanking and haven't been able to gain anything on the Sox. Not so sure about your DRays making a surge but Toronto certainly could.

The race to watch will be the Wild Card. That one could go down to the last game of the regular season.

Edit: I spoke too soon, Yanks tie it up.

Trust me, it hurts like hell.

My gut tells me that the Sox will take the division but anything can happen. Look at the O's tonight taking it to the Yanks...who saw this sweep coming? I think if the Yankees were gonna have a shot at the division, they would have had to have taken advantage of the spanking the Sox just got in Seattle. Instead, the Yankees got their own spanking and haven't been able to gain anything on the Sox. Not so sure about your DRays making a surge but Toronto certainly could.

The race to watch will be the Wild Card. That one could go down to the last game of the regular season.

Edit: I spoke too soon, Yanks tie it up.

Yanks lead 8-6, top of eigth, they might just give it to the yanks depending on the rain and all. Cheap way to win if that were to happen, but I think they'd take it at this point. I HIGHLY doubt that the Yanks would take the division, but the Wild Card is still iffy. Have a better chance (albeit, 2 game difference) getting the Wild. More teams in the way to lose, if that were the case.

Completely unrelated, we've hit 22 pages and it isn't even the all-star break yet :o . I think we're gonna beat last season by a mile.

Completely unrelated, we've hit 22 pages and it isn't even the all-star break yet :o . I think we're gonna beat last season by a mile.

I don't think they're allowed to call the game until the O's have had a chance to bat in the bottom of the inning.

Craig Biggio gets his 3000th hit. Frank Thomas hits his 500th HR. Wonder if that's ever happened in history that a player got his 3000th hit on the same day another hit his 500th dinger (I doubt it). It'll make for a great trivia question, thats for sure.

Did I just hear that right about the new rule? If the game cannot be finished, they'll replay it when the two teams meet again? The whole game or just the last inning? I feel bad for the O's cause play should have stopped when it started to pour at the beginning of the inning. On the flip side, Derek Jeter is sucha clutch hitter.

Did I just hear that right about the new rule? If the game cannot be finished, they'll replay it when the two teams meet again? The whole game or just the last inning? I feel bad for the O's cause play should have stopped when it started to pour at the beginning of the inning. On the flip side, Derek Jeter is sucha clutch hitter.

Warbirds right. The other team needed a fair chance to finish the inning, but they couldnt... so I guess the game will continue later on. That last parts different.

Looking at the Sox schedule the next few weeks, we should have a real chance to go on a good run.

4 games vs Texas

3 vs. Tampa

3 at Detroit

All Star Break

4 vs. Toronto

3 vs. Kansas City

4 vs. Chicago

5 of 6 series at home. Includes series against all 3 last place teams (TEX, TB, and KC) plus the floundering ChiSox. I'll bet this is the softest stretch of games we'll face all year, gotta make the best of it. (now that i've said all that, watch us go 11-10 or something like that)

Also btw, we don't play the Yankees again until late August.

Yanks host the A's, Twins, and Angels. Sox might just might make that gap even further. We play the Drays and Tor afterwards numerous times, but by then it might, more than likely, be too late. :(

Finally squeezed out a win. Maybe we can continue another winning streak. :) Or is that just wishful thinking?

Thats it. After our 1 hit loss today, the Yankees are officially out of the race. If they make it to the playoffs, I would be very surprised. Good surprised, but as of this moment... we stink. I know how the Devil Rays and their fans must feel now.

Thats it. After our 1 hit loss today, the Yankees are officially out of the race. If they make it to the playoffs, I would be very surprised. Good surprised, but as of this moment... we stink. I know how the Devil Rays and their fans must feel now.

If it makes you feel any better (which I know it wont), the Sox gave up a 4-0 lead to lose 5-4.

Papi and Manny are officially in a slump. :(

If it makes you feel any better (which I know it wont), the Sox gave up a 4-0 lead to lose 5-4.

Papi and Manny are officially in a slump. :(

I'm glad I decided to go to a movie instead of watching that. Crappy, crappy loss.

I'm glad I decided to go to a movie instead of watching that. Crappy, crappy loss.

LUGO MUST GO!!!!!! And you can quote me on it.

They really need to bring in some young guns. They need help, period. Not just one spot anymore. Starting pitching, bullpen, offensively... Starting pitching gets injured, over uses bull pen... guys dont produce.. man. Not what 200 mil is suppose to bring.

What the hell was he doing trying to steal 3rd w/ 2 out? My god even little leaguers know you don't do that. Its bad enough a little league pitcher could probably strike him out the way he's hitting right now, and now he has to be stupid on the bases too.