The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
warbird-1

MLB thread: Trade deadline time

If it makes you feel any better (which I know it wont), the Sox gave up a 4-0 lead to lose 5-4.

I'm glad I decided to go to a movie instead of watching that. Crappy, crappy loss.

LUGO MUST GO!!!!!! And you can quote me on it.

What the hell was he doing trying to steal 3rd w/ 2 out? My god even little leaguers know you don't do that. Its bad enough a little league pitcher could probably strike him out the way he's hitting right now, and now he has to be stupid on the bases too.

Seriously, I have no idea and wouldn't have believed it if I didn't see it with my own eyes. Gerry Remmy was even horrified and Francona...well....he looked dumbfounded. I feel pretty certain that Lugo just used up his last free pass.

Remind me again why we never re-signed Orlando Cabrerra after 2004, or AGon this past year?

At least Timlin didn't look awful tonight.

If it makes you feel any better (which I know it wont), the Sox gave up a 4-0 lead to lose 5-4.

I'm glad I decided to go to a movie instead of watching that. Crappy, crappy loss.

LUGO MUST GO!!!!!! And you can quote me on it.

What the hell was he doing trying to steal 3rd w/ 2 out? My god even little leaguers know you don't do that. Its bad enough a little league pitcher could probably strike him out the way he's hitting right now, and now he has to be stupid on the bases too.

Seriously, I have no idea and wouldn't have believed it if I didn't see it with my own eyes. Gerry Remmy was even horrified and Francona...well....he looked dumbfounded. I feel pretty certain that Lugo just used up his last free pass.

Remind me again why we never re-signed Orlando Cabrerra after 2004, or AGon this past year?

At least Timlin didn't look awful tonight.

How'd Ellsbury look?

just saw the highlight of his first at bat, that was kinda sad lol

The first at bat was sad but he has great wheels and out ran a grounder(I think) to get on base his second at bat. One hit went over his head in center, bounced off the wall and he really struggled to get it. Had did have some good catches out in center but his arm looked very average. He had his last at bat in the bottom of the eighth and I would have put Willie Blow in to pinch hit, but they didn't, and there went our chance to tie things up.

I still can't figure out why Lugo was put in to pinch for Pedroia.

Oh yeah, Coco's wrist and thumb was in a cast :o so I have a feeling we may see more of Ellsbury this week.

How'd Ellsbury look?

just saw the highlight of his first at bat, that was kinda sad lol

The first at bat was sad but he has great wheels and out ran a grounder(I think) to get on base his second at bat. One hit went over his head in center, bounced off the wall and he really struggled to get it. Had did have some good catches out in center but his arm looked very average. He had his last at bat in the bottom of the eighth and I would have put Willie Blow in to pinch hit, but they didn't, and there went our chance to tie things up.

I still can't figure out why Lugo was put in to pinch for Pedroia.

Oh yeah, Coco's wrist and thumb was in a cast :o so I have a feeling we may see more of Ellsbury this week.

Hopefully the Sox can salvage a split tonight.

I am just wondering when Manny and Oritz will hit for some power. Their numbers are really down now.

At least the Yanks look really bad.

The Dodgers dont look much better but only 1 game out at 46-36, much better than 37-41 docha think :D

Breaking news... Lugo did something right! Sac bunt in the 2nd inning.

Did you see everyone come out of the dug out to high five him? At least the players are still supporting him.

Breaking news... Lugo did something right! Sac bunt in the 2nd inning.

Did you see everyone come out of the dug out to high five him? At least the players are still supporting him.

Hey War or Top....I meant to ask you this on Sunday but with the singing of the UFA and all, I lost track. I was watching the Braves v Fl games on TV this past weekend and as always, the stands in Fl were empty. This pisses me off highly each and ever time I see those stands empty. Miami doesn't deserve a MLB Team if the citizens don't realize what they have there in their back yard. This has been a problem there for awhile now too.

Anyway, I had heard a few years ago the owner of Fl was looking to move the team. Now I heard they were staying in Fl and were building a new stadium. Is this correct?

I've not heard any news on their situation in quite some time, other than when I was watching the Braves game on Sunday and the announcers talked about how crappy FLA's deal is. I wasn't listening that closely so if they mentioned a new stadium deal I might've missed it.

When you get a win out of Gabbard it is like hitting the lottery lol

I still think Lester got shafted IMHO

Also my up and down Dodgers won vs Smoltz, who has not won in LA since 1999

I've not heard any news on their situation in quite some time, other than when I was watching the Braves game on Sunday and the announcers talked about how crappy FLA's deal is. I wasn't listening that closely so if they mentioned a new stadium deal I might've missed it.

I know last year they wanted to move to Charlotte but the Charlotte City Gov turned them down saying they couldn't support another major leage team.

Maybe Top has heard something. I'll check on espn and do another seach and see if I can find anything again. I hope they do move to another city though. I mean, it's crazy for all thoses seats to be empty.

Yeah, I've heard people from Charlotte say that their spending so much in building the Bobcats arena probably cost them a shot at pursuing an MLB team. I remember some years ago someone floated the idea of getting an MLB team in the Triad, but I never thought that was realistic.

Yeah, I've heard people from Charlotte say that their spending so much in building the Bobcats arena probably cost them a shot at pursuing an MLB team. I remember some years ago someone floated the idea of getting an MLB team in the Triad, but I never thought that was realistic.

Yea...it would never work there. They had a study done to see what major league teams would work well in NC. I think the study also showed an NBA team would would work here. With ACC basketball, I don't think so.

I think a MLB team would work here. I don't think an NFL or NBA team would ever work here because of ACC football and basketball. Hockey in the winter and baseball in the summer...iId be in heaven but my wife would be peed because I would never be home.

I know last year they wanted to move to Charlotte but the Charlotte City Gov turned them down saying they couldn't support another major leage team.

Maybe Top has heard something. I'll check on espn and do another seach and see if I can find anything again. I hope they do move to another city though. I mean, it's crazy for all thoses seats to be empty.

Nope, I've not heard a thing. Isn't the Marlins stadium the one where fans can jump in wading pools?

I remember when all the talk was about us or Charlotte getting an MLB team. Then it sort of died and the NHL moved in. I think the triangle could support an MLB team but what would become of the Bulls? That stresses me out just thinking of losing them.

Edit: Lugo had a good night!!!!! That was until he quit halfway in a steal again :rolleyes: .

Nope, I've not heard a thing. Isn't the Marlins stadium the one where fans can jump in wading pools?

I remember when all the talk was about us or Charlotte getting an MLB team. Then it sort of died and the NHL moved in. I think the triangle could support an MLB team but what would become of the Bulls? That stresses me out just thinking of losing them.

Edit: Lugo had a good night!!!!! That was until he quit halfway in a steal again :rolleyes: .

That's Arizona.

Its hard to see the Bulls leaving since the ballpark there is pretty much the centerpiece of the revitalization of that part of Durham. But then again I can't think of any other examples on an MLB team and a AAA team existing in such close proximity, so it'd be tough on them.

One thing at a time, lol. Now that he's remembered how to hit, maybe next he'll remember how to run the bases. Its not like he's gotten much practice at it lately.

Sox win and are up 11.5 over Balt and 12 over the team with the great pitching staff. :lol:

Dodgers lost but are 48-37 and only 1 game out but do have some more injury problems. Wolf looks hurt now.

Man they have had bad luck with their staff this year.

At least they have some young guys playing an important role. Russel Martin, Loney, Broxton, and Matt Kemp. That makes me proud.

Sox win and are up 11.5 over Balt and 12 over the team with the great pitching staff. :lol:

Dodgers lost but are 48-37 and only 1 game out but do have some more injury problems. Wolf looks hurt now.

At least they have some young guys playing an important role. Russel Martin, Loney, Broxton, and Matt Kemp. That makes me proud.

Who would have thought the Red Sox would be up 12 games heading into the All-star break? I was seriously just hoping we'd still be up 5 or 6 by the end of June but this is much better. Beckett had a another good outing and gets win number 12. Okajima is going to the all-star game and I'm pretty sure its because my son voted at least 100 times this morning ;) . Lugo did ok and as I was listening to the crowd cheer him when he drove in a couple of runs, I wondered what that same crowd would sound like if we weren't up 12 games :ph34r: ?

Dodgers are in a tough battle with the Braves right now. Medford stop worrying, they're only a 1/2 game out, they're doing fine.

Who would have thought the Red Sox would be up 12 games heading into the All-star break? I was seriously just hoping we'd still be up 5 or 6 by the end of June but this is much better. Beckett had a another good outing and gets win number 12. Okajima is going to the all-star game and I'm pretty sure its because my son voted at least 100 times this morning ;) . Lugo did ok and as I was listening to the crowd cheer him when he drove in a couple of runs, I wondered what that same crowd would sound like if we weren't up 12 games :ph34r: ?

Dodgers are in a tough battle with the Braves right now. Medford stop worrying, they're only a 1/2 game out, they're doing fine.

The braves dodgers game is awesome. Though its making me kinda mad.

This one has the potential to be a long one.

The braves dodgers game is awesome. Though its making me kinda mad.

This one has the potential to be a long one.