The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
warbird-1

MLB thread: Trade deadline time

I'm gonna watch it all too. Its gonna be awesome, Moylan has come on hot.

Chipper Jones breaks the tie but it is only the 6th.

Chipper breaks the record for braves home runs. Woo go chipper.

hey topshelf did you catch the gorgeous blonde in the stands that the cameraman was focusing on for over 10 seconds?

Must have missed that, LOL. I must have fallen aleep somewhere in the end of the 7th inning.

hey topshelf did you catch the gorgeous blonde in the stands that the cameraman was focusing on for over 10 seconds?

Must have missed that, LOL. I must have fallen aleep somewhere in the end of the 7th inning.

That was funny. The Dodgers did suck last night. They left on a ton of runners and Brad Penny probably blew his chance at starting the all-star game. I give Chipper Credit for breaking Dale Murphys all time HR record. Congrats to him.

as for the Sox, Boy is Mike Lowell doing much better than I ever imagined. he is very deserving of his All-Star berth B)

I saw! Stayed up way late to see that game. Chipper is the man. And oh...that blonde they kept going back to in the stands with the Braves jersey wasn't all that....at least I didn't think so.

Alright! Detroit 9, Sox 2.. Yanks 14, Angels 9! 11 Games back, we're back in this! ^_^

LOL, I like your optimism.

Sox did get spanked last night but you know, its no so tough take a spanking now and then when your up 11 games.

The Yankee/Angels game was much better to watch last night than our game. I actually thought the Angels were gonna pull it off until ARod hit that home run.

Alright! Detroit 9, Sox 2.. Yanks 14, Angels 9! 11 Games back, we're back in this! ^_^

LOL, I like your optimism.

Sox did get spanked last night but you know, its no so tough take a spanking now and then when your up 11 games.

The Yankee/Angels game was much better to watch last night than our game. I actually thought the Angels were gonna pull it off until ARod hit that home run.

Nah, I'd be surprised if we ended the season 4 game behind. Wild card is always a chance... but Detroit and Sox are playing, so it's like.. Take that Sox! Oh no, Detroit still is ahead of the Yanks in the Wild Card! (how often did you hear THAT growing up and liking baseball :lol:)

Sox always tank after the break...so we can still take this. A win today gets us to .500...and we'll start going up from there.

Goodness! 13 innings of just 1 run a piece baseball. Either this is good baseball, or the offense for both teams just arent clicking.. <_<

Edit: As I posted that, the angels just scored and an ERROR! :(

Goodness! 13 innings of just 1 run a piece baseball. Either this is good baseball, or the offense for both teams just arent clicking.. <_<

Tough loss for the Yanks but after yesterday's game, I didn't see the Angels letting this one get away.

Edit: Equally tough loss for the Red Sox, Lugo must go!

Tough loss for the Yanks but after yesterday's game, I didn't see the Angels letting this one get away.

Edit: Equally tough loss for the Red Sox, Lugo must go!

A pounding by the Yanks. Guess Steinny was PO'd about the bloop loss yesterday. 3 losses in a row for the Sox??? Wow, I think we gained up to 10 games behind now, 8.5 in the Wild Card. Yanks are 10th in runs allowed (BoSox 2nd, wow) and 4th in RBI (Detroit being #1)

The All-star break couldn't come at a better time....phew.

Big win for the Yanks but still behind double digits (for now).

Big win for the Yanks but still behind double digits (for now).

Yeah... Like I said, I'd be amazed if we finished the season 4 games back (in AL East, not just Wild Card)

Yeah this weekend was a bit disconcerting. Don't want to be the team that draws Detroit in the LDS. Then again they wouldn't be facing the likes of Tavarez or Gabbard in a playoff series, plus we did beat them in 3 of 4 when they came to Fenway in May, so there's some consolation. Hopefully our soft schedule after the break helps us get back on track.

Went to see the Nats & Brewers on Friday since I was up in DC visiting my brother over the weekend, first MLB game of the season for me. Brew crew won 6-2.

Yeah this weekend was a bit disconcerting. Don't want to be the team that draws Detroit in the LDS. Then again they wouldn't be facing the likes of Tavarez or Gabbard in a playoff series, plus we did beat them in 3 of 4 when they came to Fenway in May, so there's some consolation. Hopefully our soft schedule after the break helps us get back on track.

Went to see the Nats & Brewers on Friday since I was up in DC visiting my brother over the weekend, first MLB game of the season for me. Brew crew won 6-2.

How's their stadium? Been to Camden Yard and the Brave's but not to the Nat's stadium, its on my list.

So who's gonna win, AL or NL?

How's their stadium? Been to Camden Yard and the Brave's but not to the Nat's stadium, its on my list.

So who's gonna win, AL or NL?

RFK? Its a bit of a fossil. Its not bad, but its not nearly as nice as the newer parks. You'd probably be just as well to wait until next year when they're in their new park, unless you're really in the mood to see one more game in one of those cookie-cutter stadiums from the 70s. RFK is accessible by both car or subway though.

Always root for the AL.

Especially with the Sox and Yanks representing.

Um, the Yanks won't even sniff the post-season. :P