The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
warbird-1

MLB thread: Trade deadline time

Always root for the AL.

Especially with the Sox and Yanks representing.

Um, the Yanks won't even sniff the post-season. :P

^ a few, would be surprised if the Yanks were 4 games behind. But, I still root for them and Sox in the All Star.

Sox always tank after the break...so we can still take this. A win today gets us to .500...and we'll start going up from there.

I notice you win a few games and start chriping :rolleyes:

You are still 10 out and your pitching staff is mediocre at best.

I would not be so confident in my 42-43 squad.

hey how about a person who was on steriods. Bobby Abreau. He looks awful.

Didnt he used to be a good hitter. I guess not anymore.

Sox always tank after the break...so we can still take this. A win today gets us to .500...and we'll start going up from there.

I notice you win a few games and start chriping :rolleyes:

You are still 10 out and your pitching staff is mediocre at best.

I would not be so confident in my 42-43 squad.

hey how about a person who was on steriods. Bobby Abreau. He looks awful.

Didnt he used to be a good hitter. I guess not anymore.

I have NEVER been an Abreu fan. Ever. I hated getting him. I wished we would have traded him for Dye when rumors were circulating about that. But then Abreu got a little better for a while and Dye got hurt.. I was cheering for the Yanks in the 80's when they sucked, and I'm cheering for them now while they're mediocre. Trade Abreu, and Farnsworth while they're at it. Get a quality 3rd baseman and a starting pitcher for those two. Maybe a change of scenery/going back to the NL will do them so good. It's certainly not working right here.

Trade Abreu, and Farnsworth while they're at it. Get a quality 3rd baseman and a starting pitcher for those two. Maybe a change of scenery/going back to the NL will do them so good. It's certainly not working right here.

And do what with Arod? I agree though in that I thought the Abreu trade was unncessary when they made it, even though they had some injuries at the time.

Trade Abreu, and Farnsworth while they're at it. Get a quality 3rd baseman and a starting pitcher for those two. Maybe a change of scenery/going back to the NL will do them so good. It's certainly not working right here.

And do what with Arod? I agree though in that I thought the Abreu trade was unncessary when they made it, even though they had some injuries at the time.

Not a big fan of Arod either. I was in Seattle/Texas, but he didn't deliver here, despite his recent doings. He can have his moment here if he wants, but more than likely he's going to opt out for free agency this winter. I'd like some fresh new faces (ala Wang, Melky, Cano)

Yeah someone's gonna have to explain to me why LaRussa left Pujols on the bench there. (and apparently Pujols is a bit miffed about it at that)

But hey its cool with me. AL domination continues.

Wonder why Pujols was left out? Anyone see a press conference.

Anyway, good game. I like the drama it had toward the end. Mike Lowell looked so stoked with his hit, Beckett and Pap did great and unfortunately it was more of the same "warning track power" for Manny and Papi.

I fell asleep at one point, did Okajima get in?

And....I realize that ARod was on "my team" but I really struggle to root for the guy. Is it me or does he just have a big image problem? No doubt he may be one of the best hitters of all time but I just cant bring myself to cheer for that guy.

Baseball question of the day:

If you could have one allstar (either AL or NL) on your team, who do you choose?

I'm tossed between Ichiro and Guererro but lean toward Ichiro. The guy puts 200% out there every single game and is just an incredible athlete.

Anyway, good game. I like the drama it had toward the end. Mike Lowell looked so stoked with his hit, Beckett and Pap did great and unfortunately it was more of the same "warning track power" for Manny and Papi.

And....I realize that ARod was on "my team" but I really struggle to root for the guy. Is it me or does he just have a big image problem? No doubt he may be one of the best hitters of all time but I just cant bring myself to cheer for that guy.

If you could have one allstar (either AL or NL) on your team, who do you choose?

I'm tossed between Ichiro and Guererro but lean toward Ichiro. The guy puts 200% out there every single game and is just an incredible athlete.

How about Russel Martin B)

jk i like Martin but not proven enough. I would say either Jeter or Ichiro. I love the abilty to hit in the clutch and always play hard

See Gip it is okay to compliment the Red Sox adversary, at least to me B)

Who would I want for the Sox? Jose Reyes. Would plug our black hole at SS, much younger than Jeter.

Just in general? Pujols

Who would I want for the Sox? Jose Reyes. Would plug our black hole at SS, much younger than Jeter.

Just in general? Pujols

I like to refer to that black hole as an abyss, since it never seems to end.

Just in general? Pujols

I like to refer to that black hole as an abyss, since it never seems to end.

One? Just one? Hmm...I'd say David Ortiz, but we need a starting pitcher. Please to hand me Johan Santana, KTHXU...or, if he didn't make the roster, I'll take Okajima, since we need bullpen help, too.

Does anyone here know where I can go in the Raleigh area to order a Braves Jersey? I was going to do it on line but I need to try one on before ordering. I was told if I customize it and order on line, they have a no return policy.

Does anyone here know where I can go in the Raleigh area to order a Braves Jersey? I was going to do it on line but I need to try one on before ordering. I was told if I customize it and order on line, they have a no return policy.

Pro-Image at triangle town center. And I think that canes store in crabtree has one or two.

I got mine off of ebay.

Pro Image? Where is that close to in the mall?

I think its near Sears.

Ortiz playing on ailing knee

BOSTON (AP) -- David Ortiz has been playing with a torn meniscus in his right knee since last summer, the Red Sox slugger revealed Thursday night.

Speaking to reporters after Boston returned from the All-Star break to beat Toronto 7-4, Ortiz said he hurt his knee during batting practice at Yankee Stadium. Ortiz said he twisted his leg to field a bunt and his knee turned but his spike got caught in the netting that protects the grass in front of home plate, probably during the series against the Yankees June 6-8.

Ortiz said he hasn't needed surgery because the knee is free of inflammation.

The Red Sox designated hitter, who had 54 homers and 137 RBIs in 2006, has 14 homers and 54 RBIs so far this season.

IMO he should just get this fixed now. Our schedule the next few weeks isn't too tough until our next West coast trip in August, so we should be able to get by without him. The last thing we need is him breaking down in Sept. or October.

One? Just one? Hmm...I'd say David Ortiz, but we need a starting pitcher. Please to hand me Johan Santana, KTHXU...or, if he didn't make the roster, I'll take Okajima, since we need bullpen help, too.

I moved here from GA, so I have some people you could contact down there...one lady customizes Braves jerseys all the time, and does it for less than $30 bucks, including shipping.

But as a Yankees fan, I didn't just tell you that! ;)

I think its near Sears.

BOSTON (AP) -- David Ortiz has been playing with a torn meniscus in his right knee since last summer, the Red Sox slugger revealed Thursday night.

Speaking to reporters after Boston returned from the All-Star break to beat Toronto 7-4, Ortiz said he hurt his knee during batting practice at Yankee Stadium. Ortiz said he twisted his leg to field a bunt and his knee turned but his spike got caught in the netting that protects the grass in front of home plate, probably during the series against the Yankees June 6-8.

The Red Sox designated hitter, who had 54 homers and 137 RBIs in 2006, has 14 homers and 54 RBIs so far this season.

IMO he should just get this fixed now. Our schedule the next few weeks isn't too tough until our next West coast trip in August, so we should be able to get by without him. The last thing we need is him breaking down in Sept. or October.

Totally agree. We have a big enough lead and like you said, the schedule isn't awful, so he should just get it repaired now. Wonder what the recovery time is for a torn meniscus? 6 weeks post surgery I'd guess.

Kind of makes me feel a little better that something was wrong with him and that hes just not losing it. So who fills in for him.....Willie Blow??????? :o Noooooooooooo.......

I think its near Sears.

Totally agree. We have a big enough lead and like you said, the schedule isn't awful, so he should just get it repaired now. Wonder what the recovery time is for a torn meniscus? 6 weeks post surgery I'd guess.

Kind of makes me feel a little better that something was wrong with him and that hes just not losing it. So who fills in for him.....Willie Blow??????? :o Noooooooooooo.......