The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
warbird-1

MLB thread: Trade deadline time

One? Just one? Hmm...I'd say David Ortiz, but we need a starting pitcher. Please to hand me Johan Santana, KTHXU...or, if he didn't make the roster, I'll take Okajima, since we need bullpen help, too.

I moved here from GA, so I have some people you could contact down there...one lady customizes Braves jerseys all the time, and does it for less than $30 bucks, including shipping.

But as a Yankees fan, I didn't just tell you that! ;)

Thanks...I guess what I need to do is try one on and get my size then I can order from. I just have no idea what size I need until I try one one. Thanks for all the info guys.

Kind of makes me feel a little better that something was wrong with him and that hes just not losing it. So who fills in for him.....Willie Blow??????? :o Noooooooooooo.......

Ha, well at least DH is the one position Wily Mo is qualified to play.

I read this was in an NY paper today:

The Yankees have a message for Alex Rodriguez: sign an extension before opting out of your contract, or don't sign with us at all. A source told the Daily News that the Bombers have made it clear to A-Rod and his agent, Scott Boras, that they have no intention in taking part in a free-agent bidding war for the two-time American League MVP, and that if he chooses to opt out of his current contract and open the bidding to the rest of baseball, his days in pinstripes will be over.

Is anybody buying what the Yankee FO is selling here? I can't believe they'd simply let A-Rod walk if they don't get a deal done before the end of the season.

I read this was in an NY paper today:

The Yankees have a message for Alex Rodriguez: sign an extension before opting out of your contract, or don't sign with us at all. A source told the Daily News that the Bombers have made it clear to A-Rod and his agent, Scott Boras, that they have no intention in taking part in a free-agent bidding war for the two-time American League MVP, and that if he chooses to opt out of his current contract and open the bidding to the rest of baseball, his days in pinstripes will be over.

Is anybody buying what the Yankee FO is selling here? I can't believe they'd simply let A-Rod walk if they don't get a deal done before the end of the season.

He hasn't proven himself in Oct. yet. If we should get into the playoffs, and he scores big there, than the Yanks would probably resign him for 45 million a year, for 8 years. I'd rather have a young third baseman/utility player (kind of like Chone Figgins(sp?)) of before. We could even sign a real good starting pitcher AND relief pitcher/closer possibly with that 30-45 mil. He was doing great in Seattle, and was even doing well in Texas, but here... if I was Cashmoneyman, I would be on a selling spree of some sorts. Abreu, Farnsworth, Arod, I wasn't for Damon either. I'd be ecstatic if we could get someone like Scott Kazmir, with potential, or Carl Crawford.

I read at ESPN.com that Cashman told Arod, that if he didn't resign, he'd be traded before July 31st. And now, the links gone. Did anyone else read that and then could not find the link?!? I know I'm not going crazy.. am I? :(

We beat up the Pirates last night. Mccann hit two homers off of Snell. Won 10 of the last 14....."Atlanta is heating up".......only 1 1/2 games behind the Mets....Lets Go Braves! Yahoooooooooo!!!!!!!!

I read at ESPN.com that Cashman told Arod, that if he didn't resign, he'd be traded before July 31st. And now, the links gone. Did anyone else read that and then could not find the link?!? I know I'm not going crazy.. am I? :(

That would be crazy! Him and Posada are the only two players on that team actually helping them out. The only way I see them cutting Arod loose early is if they go on a losing streak that completely knocks them out of any post season hope. Since he's going anyway, why not send him to a contender (NL) and get tons of young prospects and players for him (if he can even be traded). The Yankees have admitted that they need youth and prospects to rebuild. The question would be what other team can afford to take on ARod? And don't ANY of you suggest the Red Sox...please!!!!

That would be crazy! Him and Posada are the only two players on that team actually helping them out. The only way I see them cutting Arod loose early is if they go on a losing streak that completely knocks them out of any post season hope. Since he's going anyway, why not send him to a contender (NL) and get tons of young prospects and players for him (if he can even be traded). The Yankees have admitted that they need youth and prospects to rebuild. The question would be what other team can afford to take on ARod? And don't ANY of you suggest the Red Sox...please!!!!

I know I read it at ESPN.com somewhere, but last night/morning I couldn't find it!! Maybe someone had an unreliable source and took it down. But yes, I know Arod and Posada are the only great ones right now, but Posada wants to try free agency (No way Jorge!) which sucks, but Arod, I'm willing to part with him. If he goes on and wins the World Series with the Mets or another NL contender, I'd be fine with that.

Buddy of mine is a Sox fan, and he'd love to have Arod. Said he plays shortstop, which he use to of course, but I couldn't see him going to BoSox nation. Then again, couldn't see Damon coming to the "Evil Empire" either, and looked how that turned out for us. :rolleyes: We've gotten some more prospects here and there, but some aren't going to be any good for a while, or may not be the same again. (i.e. Humberto Sanchez) He had Tommy John surgery during spring training, and may not be ready until 2009. Even so, a lot of pitchers aren't the same after Tommy John surgery (although more and more are coming out a lot better than previous ones had).

Keep Posada, trade Arod for a 3rd baseman and a good catching prospect.

Well, i'm going to the Rays/Yanks game tonight in St. Pete. This time I have a glove so now i have no excuse to drop the ball if it comes at me haha! I'll be in right field so hopfully there will be a few home runs tonight. Rays have 1-3 Sonnanstine vs 9-4 Wang so I think we know who will probably win haha. Bring on the home runs!!!

Well, i'm going to the Rays/Yanks game tonight in St. Pete. This time I have a glove so now i have no excuse to drop the ball if it comes at me haha! I'll be in right field so hopfully there will be a few home runs tonight. Rays have 1-3 Sonnanstine vs 9-4 Wang so I think we know who will probably win haha. Bring on the home runs!!!

I'd goto Rays baseball, but the wife thinks it's absolutely boring. She doesn't mind the Sox (or anyone else who beats the Yankees), but all in all, she thinks its slow paced and boring. She couldn't see herself going to games and being bored. I'd go with a buddy, but all of them are Sox fans, so why would they wanna go watch Rays vs Yanks, :)

Edit: Maybe I'll see you on tv. I'll be watching through Sopcast if its not on FSN of SUN.

We beat up the Pirates last night. Mccann hit two homers off of Snell. Won 10 of the last 14....."Atlanta is heating up".......only 1 1/2 games behind the Mets....Lets Go Braves! Yahoooooooooo!!!!!!!!

This is just awesome. Even last season when we were bad before the allstar break then we were awesome, so hopefully the trend is the same and we'll start another streak. Time to do the chop.

I know I read it at ESPN.com somewhere, but last night/morning I couldn't find it!! Maybe someone had an unreliable source and took it down. But yes, I know Arod and Posada are the only great ones right now, but Posada wants to try free agency (No way Jorge!) which sucks, but Arod, I'm willing to part with him. If he goes on and wins the World Series with the Mets or another NL contender, I'd be fine with that.

Buddy of mine is a Sox fan, and he'd love to have Arod. Said he plays shortstop, which he use to of course, but I couldn't see him going to BoSox nation. Then again, couldn't see Damon coming to the "Evil Empire" either, and looked how that turned out for us. :rolleyes: We've gotten some more prospects here and there, but some aren't going to be any good for a while, or may not be the same again. (i.e. Humberto Sanchez) He had Tommy John surgery during spring training, and may not be ready until 2009. Even so, a lot of pitchers aren't the same after Tommy John surgery (although more and more are coming out a lot better than previous ones had).

I'd love to have his talent on our team and certainly we're desperate for a good SS, but that guy has an image problem that can only cause problems in the locker room. I think the Sox do a good job not letting the media get control of the players and shielding any potential media problems (like Manny). Francona never would throw any player under the bus even in the worst of times (see Lugo). The Sox are known for their relaxed attitudes and club house, I just don't see how ARod would fit in. Who knows, maybe its just what he needs? That guy seems wrapped pretty tight and could use some relaxing but the Boston fans are just as tough as the NY fans. I guess the big difference between the two clubs this year is that we're winning :P . (had to throw that in)

I'd love to have his talent on our team and certainly we're desperate for a good SS, but that guy has an image problem that can only cause problems in the locker room. I think the Sox do a good job not letting the media get control of the players and shielding any potential media problems (like Manny). Francona never would throw any player under the bus even in the worst of times (see Lugo). The Sox are known for their relaxed attitudes and club house, I just don't see how ARod would fit in. Who knows, maybe its just what he needs? That guy seems wrapped pretty tight and could use some relaxing but the Boston fans are just as tough as the NY fans. I guess the big difference between the two clubs this year is that we're winning :P . (had to throw that in)

I'd goto Rays baseball, but the wife thinks it's absolutely boring. She doesn't mind the Sox (or anyone else who beats the Yankees), but all in all, she thinks its slow paced and boring. She couldn't see herself going to games and being bored. I'd go with a buddy, but all of them are Sox fans, so why would they wanna go watch Rays vs Yanks, :)

Edit: Maybe I'll see you on tv. I'll be watching through Sopcast if its not on FSN of SUN.

Yeah, I usually have baseball on in the background when i'm at home and only watch certian batters bat or pitchers if I have them on my fantasy baseball team haha. the Rays games are usually boring since they are so terrible, but i guess that makes their wins more exciting espically when they handed it to Clemens last night. I get my Ray games on FSN or on ION channels. If I get on TV, i'm the guy with a gray shirt and a black glove out in right field close to the Rays tank about 5 rowws up from the 1st row :)

The Yankees have admitted that they need youth and prospects to rebuild. The question would be what other team can afford to take on ARod? And don't ANY of you suggest the Red Sox...please!!!!

Teams I've heard the most often that might be suitors for ARod:

Angels

Dodgers

Red Sox

Cubs

Giants

Mets

This is just awesome. Even last season when we were bad before the allstar break then we were awesome, so hopefully the trend is the same and we'll start another streak. Time to do the chop.

So we won another one last night. I didn't get to see because I was out late. Just read in the N&O that Francoeur saved us in the 9th w/ his bases loaded single to lift us over the Pirates. I'll take it. A win is a win. Now if we can win today and take the sweep and if the Reds can take the Mets I'll be happy. We are now 11 wins of the last 15 played.

Carlyle is up again for us....let's see what he has today. Game time 1:05 p

I always get scared when Carlyle pitches, it makes for a weird up and down game. I think we should change moylan into a starter.

I agree. Thats why I said lets see how he does today because he is not someone I would count on either although Chip Carag talks him up.

Just got home from work. GREAT JOB CARLYLE. Wow. Sweet we take on Cincinnati next with Kyle Davies, hopefully he can learn something from Carlyle and pitch a solid game.

I hope so. Davies is what....4-7? That is not good. Guess we will see.

Looks like trade deadline season is open. The Cubs have landed Jason Kendall from Oakland for Rob Bowen and a minor leaguer.

If the A's have decided to be a seller (they're 11.5 games out in the AL West), wonder who else is there to be had.