The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
warbird-1

MLB thread: Trade deadline time

Just got home from work. GREAT JOB CARLYLE. Wow. Sweet we take on Cincinnati next with Kyle Davies, hopefully he can learn something from Carlyle and pitch a solid game.

Okay...after last nights performance, Davies needs to go. Our *edit* are still hurting after that spanking!

Not to sound all reactionary, since we just got killed by the Royals, but this team needs a shakeup. Time for Theo get off his tail, two weeks til the trade deadline.

Not to sound all reactionary, since we just got killed by the Royals, but this team needs a shakeup. Time for Theo get off his tail, two weeks til the trade deadline.

What do you think we need? We have all the pieces except SS. It seems like some nights are great, and some nights they cant do anything. One of things that's hurting us is that no one can seem to come up with that game changing hit. Have we even had a walk off homer or a jump around this year? Our big hitters have got to come up with something in a clutch situation.

What do you think we need? We have all the pieces except SS. It seems like some nights are great, and some nights they cant do anything. One of things that's hurting us is that no one can seem to come up with that game changing hit. Have we even had a walk off homer or a jump around this year? Our big hitters have got to come up with something in a clutch situation.

Ok, so now we're only up 7 games on the Yanks, but what's more disturbing, is the fact that the Royals just beat us 2 out of 3 games at Fenway. I'm officially worried but not yet in panick mode.

Ok, so now we're only up 7 games on the Yanks, but what's more disturbing, is the fact that the Royals just beat us 2 out of 3 games at Fenway. I'm officially worried but not yet in panick mode.

7 games back still. Thats still quite a load. I will be surprised it we get to 3 games behind. Sox and Yanks have to got to be going full speed in seperate directions for a while for THAT to happen.

Question though for Sox fans... do you think Papelbon would be moved to starting rotation again, and bring in another closer? Possibly Dotel? He's not the greatest, but until Schil gets his act together and gets back on the saddle, Pap could be another starter for you.. and Dotel is an "OK" closer and then could be just relief the remainder of the year.

Question though for Sox fans... do you think Papelbon would be moved to starting rotation again, and bring in another closer? Possibly Dotel? He's not the greatest, but until Schil gets his act together and gets back on the saddle, Pap could be another starter for you.. and Dotel is an "OK" closer and then could be just relief the remainder of the year.

Not sure and I have no idea why they don't bring Lester in. I don't see Pap being moved from the closer spot but if we don't start hitting runners in, his talent will be wasted. What I do know is if Tavarez gets another start, we'll be waving to the Yankees who'll be laughing in their rear-view mirror.

Not sure and I have no idea why they don't bring Lester in. I don't see Pap being moved from the closer spot but if we don't start hitting runners in, his talent will be wasted. What I do know is if Tavarez gets another start, we'll be waving to the Yankees who'll be laughing in their rear-view mirror.

7 games back still. Thats still quite a load. I will be surprised it we get to 3 games behind. Sox and Yanks have to got to be going full speed in seperate directions for a while for THAT to happen.

They already are :(

They already are :(

I don't think the Sox have anything to worry about yet. When we're 2 games behind... then Sox should be worried. 7 games, you still have a little leverage.

I don't think the Sox have anything to worry about yet. When we're 2 games behind... then Sox should be worried. 7 games, you still have a little leverage.

It was inevitable that the Sox were going to hit a wall at some point. As a seasoned Red Sox fan, I've been well conditioned to watch for the proverbial "other shoe to drop", especially in Aug. I only hope this is a minor set back and that the boys find a way to climb over the wall before too much ground is lost. As I said several pages back in this thread, a true Red Sox fan knows better than to count out the Yankees no matter how big the lead.

On a side note, I heard Clemens in an interview this morning and he said, "This is why I came back to NY. To help bring this team back to Yankee form and make them competetive again. I saw what was hapening to their pitching the first half of the season and I knew I could help." (maybe not exactly word for word)

THIS is why I have issues with Clemens. Any other guy would have used the generic, pro-sport premeditated interview answers like, "i'm just glad I could contribute" or "its a team effort" or even the "Im just thankful for this opportunity" but no...... he paints himself as the savior who is rescuing his inferior teamates who couldn't even go to the bathroom before he got there. Hmmm, good thing he got some run support from those inferior team mates.

Maybe I'm exaggerating a little but you get the point.

It was inevitable that the Sox were going to hit a wall at some point. As a seasoned Red Sox fan, I've been well conditioned to watch for the proverbial "other shoe to drop", especially in Aug. I only hope this is a minor set back and that the boys find a way to climb over the wall before too much ground is lost. As I said several pages back in this thread, a true Red Sox fan knows better than to count out the Yankees no matter how big the lead.

On a side note, I heard Clemens in an interview this morning and he said, "This is why I came back to NY. To help bring this team back to Yankee form and make them competetive again. I saw what was hapening to their pitching the first half of the season and I knew I could help." (maybe not exactly word for word)

THIS is why I have issues with Clemens. Any other guy would have used the generic, pro-sport premeditated interview answers like, "i'm just glad I could contribute" or "its a team effort" or even the "Im just thankful for this opportunity" but no...... he paints himself as the savior who is rescuing his inferior teamates who couldn't even go to the bathroom before he got there. Hmmm, good thing he got some run support from those inferior team mates.

Maybe I'm exaggerating a little but you get the point.

After the Reds swept us it looks like me might finally win a game.....10 to 0 in the 6th. Hope the Dodgers can sweep the Mets the next four games.

Is it possible that Lugo is actually playing good baseball? A nine game hitting streak?

There is hope....

Is it possible that Lugo is actually playing good baseball? A nine game hitting streak?

There is hope....

This is livin': enjoying a quiet, peaceful evening in the shop, posting on my favorite boards (it's true), and listening to the euphonious strains of broadcaster Ted Leitner doing the play-by-play of tonight's Padres-Phils games. Go Pads! :D

Jan/GSBG

Wish we could trade Abreu for a RF'er who doesn't mind running into the wall, and has a canon of an arm.