The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
warbird-1

MLB thread: Trade deadline time

Wow about Shelly Duncan! I've heard of Eric Duncan and Chris Duncan, but not brother Shelly. (no relation to Eric)

Wow about Shelly Duncan! I've heard of Eric Duncan and Chris Duncan, but not brother Shelly. (no relation to Eric)

21 runs?????? That's embarasing for Tampa. Im just glad the Red Sox are winning too cause the Yankees are getting very hot with their bats.

Can't wait to see Lester pitch. If hes really ready, and Schilling is also ready, we could finally see Tavarez out of the rotation.

21 runs?????? That's embarasing for Tampa. Im just glad the Red Sox are winning too cause the Yankees are getting very hot with their bats.

Can't wait to see Lester pitch. If hes really ready, and Schilling is also ready, we could finally see Tavarez out of the rotation.

hasnt it all been against the devil rays though? it could just be the yankees really know how to take it to the d-rays and they just dont know how to stop it

That's what I'm hoping ;)

hasnt it all been against the devil rays though? it could just be the yankees really know how to take it to the d-rays and they just dont know how to stop it

That's what I'm hoping ;)

I don't know... I'm HOPING that the Yanks are getting in sync with their bats. Yogi always said hitting it 98 percent mental, 2 percent physical. So with their mindset of hitting everything, I'm hoping they can continue this streak for a week or two, at least where we could catch up 3 more games or so at least. And I wouldn't be surprised to see someone moved as well. Possibly Proctor, Farnsworth, Abreu (PLEASE!!!)

Great welcome back for John Lester! Nice solid outing to get the win. I can only just imagine what his parents were feeling sitting up in the stands.

For those of you that read this thread and have no idea who John Lester is, he's a pitcher for the Red Sox that was diagnosed last season (his rookie year) with cancer 11 months ago today. He went through chemo, radiation and tons of rehab to make it back to starting in the major league again. Its a great success story about someone who has beat his cancer.

http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/news/gameday_...sp&c_id=bos

Great welcome back for John Lester! Nice solid outing to get the win. I can only just imagine what his parents were feeling sitting up in the stands.

For those of you that read this thread and have no idea who John Lester is, he's a pitcher for the Red Sox that was diagnosed last season (his rookie year) with cancer 11 months ago today. He went through chemo, radiation and tons of rehab to make it back to starting in the major league again. Its a great success story about someone who has beat his cancer.

http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/news/gameday_...sp&c_id=bos

I was very aware of Lester myself. Although, I did have to laugh tonight. While they were interviewing his parents, Sizemore homored off him while his dad was talking... I had to laugh. But I was happy for the guy for getting the win. As long as the Yanks won as well. :P

I have been saying for a month that Lester should be pitching. Good for him to

get a win. :D

Also as a Dodger fan, very happy about a rare Complete Game Win for Billingley.

He is only 23 and looks good so far, as long as he stays healthy :)

Geez, you'd think with Yanks facing Kansas that they'd be easy wins, and try to catch up to Boston, since Boston is facing Cleveland. Clevelands been having a good time this year as well, and watching on ESPN scoreboard, they get men on, and nothing... No offense, BoSox nation :) I guess you could take that as a compliment as how well Sox are playing...

I must say though... BoSox pitching is good, if not great. Beckett, Okajima(sp?), Papelbon, Lester, Schilling when he's on... something the Yankees definitely need help with.

I must say though... BoSox pitching is good, if not great. Beckett, Okajima(sp?), Papelbon, Lester, Schilling when he's on... something the Yankees definitely need help with.

I heard today that the Yankees are looking at John Garland. I sure hope that doesn't work out ;) .

This 1-0 game is killing me... c'mon Pap!

I heard today that the Yankees are looking at John Garland. I sure hope that doesn't work out ;) .

Good game. I would love for us to get Garland. Trade Abreu and Farnsworth for Garland... more money we can get off of our shoulders or so.

Edit: At least we move closer in the Wild card.

Good game. I would love for us to get Garland. Trade Abreu and Farnsworth for Garland... more money we can get off of our shoulders or so.

Yankees are hitting too well. I'd like to say its cause they're playing lesser teams but those lesser teams recently handed to us. As long as the Sox keep winning, I can live with the Yanks winning.

Yankees are hitting too well. I'd like to say its cause they're playing lesser teams but those lesser teams recently handed to us. As long as the Sox keep winning, I can live with the Yanks winning.

But how consistent will they be? Abreus been good, then sucks, good, then sucks. I don't like him much myself anyway, so trade him off for a decent outfielder/pitching. Melky is turning into a pretty good outfielder. He already has 9 assist. Damon, Cabrera and Matsui are a fine outfield. Damon and Melky could switch playing RF/CF.. I know I've heard Abreu, Farnsworth, Proctor, Robinson Cano... possibly Proctor for Ty Wiggington.. not too keen on that one. Still... wouldnt mind getting Garland. He's young enough, he has potential.. Ron Guidry is a great coach as well. I just don't want to give up Phil Hughes (who might be coming back to MLB shortly, YES!) or Joba.

Side note - Interesting day tomorrow. Beckett vs Carmona, Mussina vs Meche, and I hope the Mariners lose, Batista vs McCarthy.. and Scott Olsen is scheduled to start. I'm looking to see how much he can chug before the game. :) j/k

Anyone watch the Bob Costas HBO special with Curt Schilling? When asked if the Red Sox didn't renew his contract next year, would he consider playing for the Yankees. He said no because he chose the "Hatfields" so he couldn't play for the "McCoys". It would make his time in Boston seem ingenious (if that's even a word). Wonder if Johnny Damon saw the interview? :lol:

Anyone watch the Bob Costas HBO special with Curt Schilling? When asked if the Red Sox didn't renew his contract next year, would he consider playing for the Yankees. He said no because he chose the "Hatfields" so he couldn't play for the "McCoys". It would make his time in Boston seem ingenious (if that's even a word). Wonder if Johnny Damon saw the interview? :lol:

Just got my tickets to the Blue Jays-Yankees game in August. I'll be sitting on top of the CN tower in a lawn chair with some binoculars my tickets are so cheap hahaha but, it should be a good time.

I'm hoping to see Halladay shut down the Yanks not that the 43265203461340 Red Sox fans on this board would mind seeing the Yanks lose.