The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
warbird-1

MLB thread: Trade deadline time

Does anyone here play fantasy baseball? I think my team sounds pretty good, but i'm in the celler of my league. Anyone have any suggestions on possible good trades I can make? I don't start all of my pitchers becuase of matchups and i rotate my batters pending on the pitcher. But the ones I maked in Bold are usually my players that are garanteed to play and the ones that are not bold means they rotate pending on matchups.

C Iv

Tough luck loss for Beckett. The Red Sox better start scoring, because 1 run in 2 games isn't enough. Meanwhile, The Empire keeps marching on. 6.5!

Tough luck loss for Beckett. The Red Sox better start scoring, because 1 run in 2 games isn't enough. Meanwhile, The Empire keeps marching on. 6.5!

Gipper, interesting how you only chime in when the Yanks win and the Sox dont. If you watched the last two nights of basesball, you were privleged to see some of the best pitching the MLB has to offer right now. The Indians and the Red Sox played the old fahioned "pitching duel" type games that were short of amazing to watch no matter which team you were cheering for.

I give the Yankees props for heating up their bats finally but let see what happens when they start playing pennant chasing teams like the Indians. If Hughs comes back soon, I can see where things could stay competetive for the Yankees but if not, I just don't see that rotation able to compete in a series against teams like the Indians, Angels and yes, the Red Sox.

Here's a question for you Gip, where exactly would the Yankees be right now in the standings if it wasn't for ARod's bat?

Gipper, interesting how you only chime in when the Yanks win and the Sox dont. If you watched the last two nights of basesball, you were privleged to see some of the best pitching the MLB has to offer right now. The Indians and the Red Sox played the old fahioned "pitching duel" type games that were short of amazing to watch no matter which team you were cheering for.

I give the Yankees props for heating up their bats finally but let see what happens when they start playing pennant chasing teams like the Indians. If Hughs comes back soon, I can see where things could stay competetive for the Yankees but if not, I just don't see that rotation able to compete in a series against teams like the Indians, Angels and yes, the Red Sox.

Here's a question for you Gip, where exactly would the Yankees be right now in the standings if it wasn't for ARod's bat?

I wonder if we put A-Rod on the Devil Rays if they would win more games? Then again, the devil rays payroll is a total of $24 mil while A-rod makes $27 million haha.

I wonder if we put A-Rod on the Devil Rays if they would win more games? Then again, the devil rays payroll is a total of $24 mil while A-rod makes $27 million haha.

Thats actually pretty unbelievable if you think about it.

Yup, and Alex wants $30 mil next season... greedy person. I'd be happy to make $150k a year haha

TSA, just throwing in my own .02 cents in here... the Sox and Indians had some great match ups. I turn on Sopcast to watch the Yankees-Royals matches, and find out were suddenly winning by runs galore... open a new tab to check the score on the Sox/Tribe... and I automatically turn Sopcast onto the Sox games. Mainly to see if they'll lose (sorry, couldn't resist), but yes indeed they have been some great pitching duels.

On another note, being a Yankees fan, while I enjoy the hot big bats the Yanks have right now, I DO question what will happen when we face the Sox or Tigers. We do have the a pretty decent schedule in front of us tho, facing the Orioles, then the ChiSox(who can be a challenge when they actually bring their game), Blue Jays and then Indians. So, I am very interested to see if this hitting mentality will give the Yanks an lift against other teams as well, or if Doc Halladay will blank them.

On a side note, the Hot Stove is really heating up with some rumors. Heard Brady Clark signed with the Red Sox per WEEI radio. Also read that the Yanks have been trying to be busy. Tried shopping Damon, but at 13 mil per season, I'd be very surprised to see him go anywhere.

Yanks need a new look overall. Off the field especially.

On a side note, the Hot Stove is really heating up with some rumors. Heard Brady Clark signed with the Red Sox per WEEI radio. Also read that the Yanks have been trying to be busy. Tried shopping Damon, but at 13 mil per season, I'd be very surprised to see him go anywhere.

Maybe they should grow their hair. Damon is now referred to as Sampson in Boston. :lol:

Brady Clark??? Bye-bye Willie Mo. Do you have a link C23?

Maybe they should grow their hair. Damon is now referred to as Sampson in Boston. :lol:

I just read it on mlbtraderumors.com . I'll see if I can see if its true. If they do have him, he's pretty good in my book. Nothing "great" or "spectacular" but still... better fielder than WilyMo.

I just read it on mlbtraderumors.com . I'll see if I can see if its true. If they do have him, he's pretty good in my book. Nothing "great" or "spectacular" but still... better fielder than WilyMo.

Willie Blow hits a long bomb out about 1 out of every 15 at bats and you swear he's gonna be great...till you have to wait another 15 at bats watching him strike out. :rolleyes:

Willie Blow hits a long bomb out about 1 out of every 15 at bats and you swear he's gonna be great...till you have to wait another 15 at bats watching him strike out. :rolleyes:

lol

I remember when Sox got him, Ortiz was saying how much power he has, etc etc.. But if he's a crappy fielder and so so hitter... you can't put him on DH because of Ortiz.

And Kei... sheesh.

Papi actually took him under his wing like a mentor. Guess that didn't work out too well.

Of course as I sit here trashing WillieMo, he's now hit a single, a double, scored one run and hit in 1 rbi. :ph34r:

Papi actually took him under his wing like a mentor. Guess that didn't work out too well.

Of course as I sit here trashing WillieMo, he's now hit a single, a double, scored one run and hit in 1 rbi. :ph34r:

Lets trade Japanese players? At least yours is doing better and has more control than ours right now.

Lets trade Japanese players? At least yours is doing better and has more control than ours right now.

No no no, we like Oki and Dice-K just fine. Wang hasn't stumbled in a while, I guess he was due?

Sox/Indians 9-3 Guess we're not getting another pitching duel.

No no no, we like Oki and Dice-K just fine. Wang hasn't stumbled in a while, I guess he was due?

Hell, I'd take Okijima as well. That was a diamond in the rough. Brought in to help the transition for Dice K, then up stages him. Me personally, I'd love to get rid of Farnsworth and Abreu. Two main guys I really want gone. I wouldn't even mind if we got just prospects (ready to play/Triple A prospects, not A or double A prospects) And if there was anyway to get rid of Pavano, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, get him outta here! :angry:

I read a couple of articles stating how the Dodgers need a proven outfielder, like Abreu. I don't see the Dodgers taking Abreu, I think medfordcaniac (I think thats who's a big Dodgers fan) would hate that. Especially if they trade Loney for Abreu.

I read a couple of articles stating how the Dodgers need a proven outfielder, like Abreu. I don't see the Dodgers taking Abreu, I think medfordcaniac (I think thats who's a big Dodgers fan) would hate that. Especially if they trade Loney for Abreu.

caniac you are very smart. I do not want Abreau, who to me is not as good as he was 5 years ago.

I like Loney, I dont want to see him get traded IMHO.

here is a 1st. Red Sox and Dodgers won on the same night for me :lol:

btw Gipp is always quiet when Boston wins. ;) Caniac, I like that you respond to us (Sox fans) whether the Sox win or lose.

I still think Both teams could get in IMHO

(Sox and Yanks and praying for LA for me as well)