The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
warbird-1

MLB thread: Trade deadline time

Yah, while I agree the Dodgers need some veteran help with a big bat, Abreu just isn't what he use to be. Maybe he wasted it all in the HR derby a while back, but either way, I hope we send him and the Farnz packing to Florida for Willis or Olsen. Both have had their troubles, which decrease their value, but at the same time have loads of potential and we clear up some space for either of them. Especially Olsen who isn't that expensive compared to Willis.

And Medford, I've never been a Sox hater. I just can't stand fans who hate the Yankees because "they suck" or "they have so much money" blah blah. Hate the Yankees because they CAN be so good you can't stand it, and because some of the players attitudes.

Yah, while I agree the Dodgers need some veteran help with a big bat, Abreu just isn't what he use to be. Maybe he wasted it all in the HR derby a while back, but either way, I hope we send him and the Farnz packing to Florida for Willis or Olsen. Both have had their troubles, which decrease their value, but at the same time have loads of potential and we clear up some space for either of them. Especially Olsen who isn't that expensive compared to Willis.

And Medford, I've never been a Sox hater. I just can't stand fans who hate the Yankees because "they suck" or "they have so much money" blah blah. Hate the Yankees because they CAN be so good you can't stand it, and because some of the players attitudes.

How do you think I feel being around those morons here. I just block them out.

Just like the Pats are the greatest team and everone sucks. (I am a bronco fan and most do not like it that I dont like Gods team aka the Pats, sorry topshelf and slapper "good" Pats fans )

I agree caniac, I am not a Yankee hater either ;)

Just want to beat them that is all. When they were in the World Series vs SD, years ago, I rooted for them

See Gip respect is okay :P

Lets trade Japanese players? At least yours is doing better and has more control than ours right now.

Looks like Igawa was bannished again to the minors.

Thanks for the link about Clark. Not good news about Ellsbury unless it really was just make room for Clark right now.

Lets trade Japanese players? At least yours is doing better and has more control than ours right now.

Looks like Igawa was bannished again to the minors.

Thanks for the link about Clark. Not good news about Ellsbury unless it really was just make room for Clark right now.

Does anyone here play fantasy baseball? I think my team sounds pretty good, but i'm in the celler of my league. Anyone have any suggestions on possible good trades I can make? I don't start all of my pitchers becuase of matchups and i rotate my batters pending on the pitcher. But the ones I maked in Bold are usually my players that are garanteed to play and the ones that are not bold means they rotate pending on matchups.

C Iv

Attention:

Once threads reach a certain number of posts, it unfortunately becomes necessary to lock them. It becomes possible for a problem to occur in large threads that cause them to auto delete. Because of this, tomorrow at midnight I will be locking this thread. It is not because there has been a problem. Once this is locked, feel free to start a new thread if one isn't already started, and feel free to repost any current messages you posted in this thread.

Thanks for your understanding. :)

Marcus Morton,

Site Admin

Attention:

Once threads reach a certain number of posts, it unfortunately becomes necessary to lock them. It becomes possible for a problem to occur in large threads that cause them to auto delete. Because of this, tomorrow at midnight I will be locking this thread. It is not because there has been a problem. Once this is locked, feel free to start a new thread if one isn't already started, and feel free to repost any current messages you posted in this thread.

Marcus Morton,

Site Admin

Oh man, way to ruin a good party :angry:

No problem, Warbird will have us up and running in no time ;)

And I'd like to point out that fans who support different teams have all gotten along quite nicely here for 30 pages, and that just on this board. We've been going strong for at least three boards now. :D

Attention:

Marcus Morton,

Site Admin

Oh man, way to ruin a good party :angry:

No problem, Warbird will have us up and running in no time ;)

And I'd like to point out that fans who support different teams have all gotten along quite nicely here for 30 pages, and that just on this board. We've been going strong for at least three boards now. :D

Well, that's because they're baseball fans. The most you can do is heckle <_<

I can remember a few fights at Yankee Stadium. One in particular, I think it was over beer of all things, but someone dropkicked, yes, dropkicked another dude. And once a fight broke out, people would join in on it. Thats one thing I don't miss.

Baseball fans are quite good at throwing beach balls in the bleachers, you know.

I've seen a few bench clearing brawls in my time. Here's a classic, wasn't this one the year the Red Sox won the World Series? ;)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=3O21RbHD0a0''>http://youtube.com/watch?v=3O21RbHD0a0' target="_blank">http://youtube.com/watch?v=3O21RbHD0a0[/post]

Baseball fans are quite good at throwing beach balls in the bleachers, you know.

I've seen a few bench clearing brawls in my time. Here's a classic, wasn't this one the year the Red Sox won the World Series? ;)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=3O21RbHD0a0''>http://youtube.com/watch?v=3O21RbHD0a0' target="_blank">http://youtube.com/watch?v=3O21RbHD0a0[/post]

DRays trade Wigginton to Astros for Wheeler, shipped Cantu to the Reds for Brian Shackleford, and have traded McClung (stunk) to Brewers for Balfour. Well... at least the Yanks got a better reserve catcher in Molina.