The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
warbird-1

MLB thread: Trade deadline time

DirectTV messed up our account and has graciously given us 3 free months of total programming :D. This includes the sports package that has NESN!!!!!! This will happily bring us right through training camp and on into the start of the season. The DVR is set for Dice-K's first appearance tonight! WHooo Hoooo...thanks DTV....

Sweet deal there, topshelf, I'm jealous. Ya gotta love a company that goes that little extra to keep the customer happy. I'm looking forward to seeing Dice-K in action, see what he's got.

Sweet deal there, topshelf, I'm jealous. Ya gotta love a company that goes that little extra to keep the customer happy. I'm looking forward to seeing Dice-K in action, see what he's got.

They interviewed the kid from NortheasternU that will be the first batter for Dice-K and he looked very intimidated. I don't know why? Should be the biggest 4 minutes of fame he'll have ever had.

They interviewed the kid from NortheasternU that will be the first batter for Dice-K and he looked very intimidated. I don't know why? Should be the biggest 4 minutes of fame he'll have ever had.

maybe he should try to bunt :lol:

Now that would definately give the 500,000 reporters from the US and Japan there something to write about :wink:

Now that would definately give the 500,000 reporters from the US and Japan there something to write about :wink:

That kid they interviewed must have been a BC player, cuz that's who they play tonight. They played NEU last night. You're right though, may be his 15 mins. of fame, might as well enjoy it!

That kid they interviewed must have been a BC player, cuz that's who they play tonight. They played NEU last night. You're right though, may be his 15 mins. of fame, might as well enjoy it!

Oops, you're right, BC. :Oops:

Edit: Well that kid from BC definately got his fame and a double on the first pitch by Dice-K :shock:. Not to worry though, Dice-K settled in nicely and looked great....I think we're in for an interesting ride this season!

Oops, you're right, BC. :Oops:

Edit: Well that kid from BC definately got his fame and a double on the first pitch by Dice-K :shock:. Not to worry though, Dice-K settled in nicely and looked great....I think we're in for an interesting ride this season!

Red Sox to take on the Dodgers at 1:05pm on Monday. Beckett will start and Lester may see some time. :D

Red Sox to take on the Dodgers at 1:05pm on Monday. Beckett will start and Lester may see some time. :D

I was there. I'm making this post from our hotel in Ft. Myers.

Dodgers won today 2-1. Beckett started for us and looked good. Randy Wolf went for LA. LA's pitching really held us down, as we only had 2 hits in the first 7 innings.

I was also at yesterday's game against the Twins, which we won 6-1 with Schill pitching 3 scoreless. Manny looks to be in good shape, though he hasn't done much in the PA's I've seen, so I'm expecting he'll probably get off to another slow start as he has the last couple years. Lugo had an up and down day yesterday. He had a couple hits, but he also made an error and screwed up running the bases twice.

Lester pitched 1 inning this morning for the "B-team" against the Twins. He got 3 ground balls and that was it. Still, its encouraging just to see him out there.

Any other questions I can try to answer later tonight if anyone has any. I'm goin to see the Dodgers play the Twins tomorrow.

Dodgers won today 2-1. Beckett started for us and looked good. Randy Wolf went for LA. LA's pitching really held us down, as we only had 2 hits in the first 7 innings.

I was also at yesterday's game against the Twins, which we won 6-1 with Schill pitching 3 scoreless. Manny looks to be in good shape, though he hasn't done much in the PA's I've seen, so I'm expecting he'll probably get off to another slow start as he has the last couple years. Lugo had an up and down day yesterday. He had a couple hits, but he also made an error and screwed up running the bases twice.

Lester pitched 1 inning this morning for the "B-team" against the Twins. He got 3 ground balls and that was it. Still, its encouraging just to see him out there.

Any other questions I can try to answer later tonight if anyone has any. I'm goin to see the Dodgers play the Twins tomorrow.

Great update!!!! Keep it coming....JDrew?

Drew didn't play yesterday. Today, he went 0 for 2 with a walk & a strikeout. Today's lineup was probably close to what we'll see everyday as it was Papi 3rd, Manny cleanup, Drew 5th, and Lowell 6th. Belli was behind the plate today, so I suppose Tito will be working Tek in there somewhere in that 5-7 area. Yesterday's lineup had Lugo leading off with Youks 2nd and Coco 8th. Coco was leading off today with Lugo not playing.

Drew didn't play yesterday. Today, he went 0 for 2 with a walk & a strikeout. Today's lineup was probably close to what we'll see everyday as it was Papi 3rd, Manny cleanup, Drew 5th, and Lowell 6th. Belli was behind the plate today, so I suppose Tito will be working Tek in there somewhere in that 5-7 area. Yesterday's lineup had Lugo leading off with Youks 2nd and Coco 8th. Coco was leading off today with Lugo not playing.

Youk was a strong lead off guy, how did Lugo do? Coco at 8th sounds about right unless he improved tons this year.

Varitek? Is he the old Tek or the still healing Captain?

Edit: Warbird were you there!!!!!!! Pap and Wake looked great....the bullpen imploded...and Rogers gets a walk off grand slam!!!!!!!!

I hope that's just the beginning, I just love Red Sox baseball :-)

Youk was a strong lead off guy, how did Lugo do? Coco at 8th sounds about right unless he improved tons this year.

Varitek? Is he the old Tek or the still healing Captain?

Edit: Warbird were you there!!!!!!! Pap and Wake looked great....the bullpen imploded...and Rogers gets a walk off grand slam!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the update on my 2 favorite teams. Do I have reason for optomism for my Dodgers?

Thanks Warbird :mrgreen:

Just got back in town yesterday, but no I wasn't there, wish I had gotten to see that one.

medford, the Dodgers looked good, winning both games I saw them in

Being a lifelong Cardinals fan last year was a great one one Canes win the cup Cards win the series and they are looking good so far this year I just hope the injuries dont hit them like they are hitting the canes.