The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
warbird-1

MLB thread: Trade deadline time

Being a lifelong Cardinals fan last year was a great one one Canes win the cup Cards win the series and they are looking good so far this year I just hope the injuries dont hit them like they are hitting the canes.

My sister and her family are rabid Cardinal fans in St. Louis. Great win for them last season.

At least Pavano doesn't look much better.... did Youk bulk up or is it his new facial hair?

Being a lifelong Cardinals fan last year was a great one one Canes win the cup Cards win the series and they are looking good so far this year I just hope the injuries dont hit them like they are hitting the canes.

My sister and her family are rabid Cardinal fans in St. Louis. Great win for them last season.

At least Pavano doesn't look much better.... did Youk bulk up or is it his new facial hair?

...And the Red Sox take the lead 5-4. How many more batters is this guy gonna hit?????????? Ouch!

Youk is starting to look a little like David Wells :shock:

...And the Red Sox take the lead 5-4. How many more batters is this guy gonna hit?????????? Ouch!

Youk is starting to look a little like David Wells :shock:

Edit: Warbird were you there!!!!!!! Pap and Wake looked great....the bullpen imploded...and Rogers gets a walk off grand slam!!!!!!!!

I hope that's just the beginning, I just love Red Sox baseball :-)

Just got back in town yesterday, but no I wasn't there, wish I had gotten to see that one.

medford, the Dodgers looked good, winning both games I saw them in

Thanks Warbird.

Maybe a dream World Series coming up Boston vs LA.

yes I am getting WAY ahead of myself. You never know :wink:

Beckett did pretty good tonight, 8 strike outs but 4 earned runs in 4 innings, of course Papi saves the game with 3 RBI's. Drew is now batting 440 for the pre-season :shock:. Donnelly looks like a front runner for the closer job. Dice-K on the mound tomorrow against I think, the Pirates. NESN said they were going to let him pitch 6 innings.

Beckett did pretty good tonight, 8 strike outs but 4 earned runs in 4 innings, of course Papi saves the game with 3 RBI's. Drew is now batting 440 for the pre-season :shock:. Donnelly looks like a front runner for the closer job. Dice-K on the mound tomorrow against I think, the Pirates. NESN said they were going to let him pitch 6 innings.

Edit: Warbird were you there!!!!!!! Pap and Wake looked great....the bullpen imploded...and Rogers gets a walk off grand slam!!!!!!!!

I hope that's just the beginning, I just love Red Sox baseball :-)

Just got back in town yesterday, but no I wasn't there, wish I had gotten to see that one.

medford, the Dodgers looked good, winning both games I saw them in

Thanks Warbird.

Maybe a dream World Series coming up Boston vs LA.

yes I am getting WAY ahead of myself. You never know :wink:

I wanna see the Yankees play the Braves in the world series so the braves can get payback.

Dice-K on the mound tomorrow against I think, the Pirates. NESN said they were going to let him pitch 6 innings.

Didn't quite go 6, but his line was damn impressive. Wish I coulda watched it.

5.2 IP

1 H

1 R

1 ER

7 K

1 BB

Against a lineup that had most of PIT's regulars.

Also, Timlin will be starting the season on the DL, probably out the first week or two.

Also, Timlin will be starting the season on the DL, probably out the first week or two.

Sounds like the Dodger Stadium parking lot will be on the DL for the next several seasons, as "regular" fans will now be charged $15 -- up from $10 last season :shock: -- for parking (Dodgers revamp parking system at Dodger Stadium, at http://www.latimes.com/sports/baseball/mlb/dodgers/).

Given how radically expensive parking, tickets, concessions, and souvenirs have become at Dodger games, the home field has obviously become a hangout for the privileged and obviously wealthy -- not "Dem Bums," the hard-working heroes of the everyday people.

Long live Frank McCourt, "architect" (ahem) of the Dodgers. :roll:

Jan/GSBG

I do not have a link, but for topshelf, warbird and possibly Slapper,

I heard on the local Boston radio station that Papelbon is going to be the closer :thumbup:

The Sox think thier Bullpen by committe in 2003 was bad and did not want any part of that again.

If I find a link I will post it at some point

but look at http://www.boston.com/ in deveoloping story it shows what I just said. There will be a story soon I do believe

I do not have a link, but for topshelf, warbird and possibly Slapper,

I heard on the local Boston radio station that Papelbon is going to be the closer :thumbup:

The Sox think thier Bullpen by committe in 2003 was bad and did not want any part of that again.

If I find a link I will post it at some point

but look at http://www.boston.com/ in deveoloping story it shows what I just said. There will be a story soon I do believe

Wow, and just yesterday I was reading somewhere that Tavarez, of all people, was the leading candidate. The last I heard about Pap was that his arm couldn't handle closing until around the middle of the season. But yes we need avoid a repeat of the closer by comittee debacle.

Though I was looking forward to see what Pap could do as regular starter. So what's the rotation now?

Schilling

DiceK

Beckett

Wake

Tavarez? (I'm assuming Lester won't be ready, and where's Clement these days?)

Thanks for the heads up medford, I just hope that if they do move him back into the 'pen, his shoulder can hold up over the course of the season. I guess that would mean that Wakefield moves up to the fourth starter and who's the #5? Snyder? I love Pap in the closer role if his shoulder can take the wear and tear.

Maybe its just temporary until Timlin is ready to come back in or someone else proves themselves to be a closer. They can always work him into the rotation cause it will just be matter of time before someone gets hurt.

As for Clement, wouldn't be suprised to not see him this year.

Thanks Medford, I love having the Boston connection.

Maybe its just temporary until Timlin is ready to come back in or someone else proves themselves to be a closer. They can always work him into the rotation cause it will just be matter of time before someone gets hurt.

As for Clement, wouldn't be suprised to not see him this year.

Thanks Medford, I love having the Boston connection.