The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
warbird-1

MLB thread: Trade deadline time

Maybe its just temporary until Timlin is ready to come back in or someone else proves themselves to be a closer. They can always work him into the rotation cause it will just be matter of time before someone gets hurt.

As for Clement, wouldn't be suprised to not see him this year.

Thanks Medford, I love having the Boston connection.

There is no way on Gods Green earth Timilin is the closer. (I am just having fun with you top :mrgreen: )

If Papelbon can stay heathy then we will be fine.

I was predicting 92 wins with a bad bullpen. Now I say 96 wins and it will be neck and neck w/NY for the division.

Also by May 1, John Lester will be back IMHO. I hope so. 3 starts out of Tavaraz/Snyder is enough to endure for me

Warbird-- Clement is not ready yet. I do not think he will be ready until at least mid-season so I would not hold out any hope on him but he could be a pleasant suprise if he gets back to his 2005 1st half form before the line drive off his head.

Maybe its just temporary until Timlin is ready to come back in or someone else proves themselves to be a closer. They can always work him into the rotation cause it will just be matter of time before someone gets hurt.

There is no way on Gods Green earth Timilin is the closer. (I am just having fun with you top :mrgreen: )

I was predicting 92 wins with a bad bullpen. Now I say 96 wins and it will be neck and neck w/NY for the division.

Also by May 1, John Lester will be back IMHO. I hope so. 3 starts out of Tavaraz/Snyder is enough to endure for me

Warbird-- Clement is not ready yet. I do not think he will be ready until at least mid-season so I would not hold out any hope on him but he could be a pleasant suprise if he gets back to his 2005 1st half form before the line drive off his head.

Someone in Boston told me that Papelbon will be a permanent career closer now. After what they said about his health at the end of last season, this makes no sense. I am psyched though cause as a closer, he is $ :D.

I hope Lester gets back in there quickly too, its not going to be easy watching Tavarez in the rotation.

Very funny about Timlim Medford :roll:, what's wrong with him anyway?

Someone in Boston told me that Papelbon will be a permanent career closer now. After what they said about his health at the end of last season, this makes no sense. I am psyched though cause as a closer, he is $ :D.

I hope Lester gets back in there quickly too, its not going to be easy watching Tavarez in the rotation.

I really hate to hear people talk about how good of a player someone is before they even pitch in one game. Okay, so "Dice-K" is doing pretty well in Spring Training, I will wait until the season starts to say how good I think he is.

I really hate to hear people talk about how good of a player someone is before they even pitch in one game. Okay, so "Dice-K" is doing pretty well in Spring Training, I will wait until the season starts to say how good I think he is.

Although I don't disagree with your sentiment, this is nothing new. From Sidney Crosby to Reggie Bush to DiceK, everybody loves to hype up the "next big thing."

I missed the last few innings, but it looks like he's settled down after struggling with his control in the 1st.

Overall Dice-K did well although I'm not sure why they aren't letting him go a little longer. Hansen looked horrible and couldn't find the strike zone.

Overall Dice-K did well although I'm not sure why they aren't letting him go a little longer. Hansen looked horrible and couldn't find the strike zone.

just messing w/ya (see you need the Bawston accent to understand :wink: )

Timlin has a strained oblique muscle and I have this feeling he is going to be hurt on an off all year :Oops:

I hope he gets healthy because they need him in the 7th or 8th inning.

I still dont trust Pinero or Delcarman.

I like Donnelly, but he is getting older. If Donnelly can regain his 03 Form it will boost a mediocre bullpen (after Papelbon of course)

I am also worried about Beckett. If he does not throw a change or curve, he will be the Homer king against the good AL teams again.

I know you guys are not Dodger fans but I am excited for this year.

I feel they have a very good team and hopefully contend for the NL West this year.

Hey, I'm just excited for April 2nd!

Looks like we have all the pieces in place except for the bullpen. Kind of important :shock:. Hansen is not ready.....couldn't come close to the strike zone yesterday.

Trot had that strained oblique a couple of seasons ago and he was out for a long time. We're gonna need Timlin if Hansen and Snyder don't get better soon.

Red Sox/Dodgers World Series Medford? Im in...8)

Looks like we have all the pieces in place except for the bullpen. Kind of important :shock:. Hansen is not ready.....couldn't come close to the strike zone yesterday.

Trot had that strained oblique a couple of seasons ago and he was out for a long time. We're gonna need Timlin if Hansen and Snyder don't get better soon.

I will even let Boston win :wink:

Sure you will :?

I honestly would because my Dad would be happy.

I actually LIKE the Red Sox, unlike the Patriots :lol: :wink:

Tito makes it official: Lester will start the year in the minors

http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/news/article....t=.jsp&c_id=bos

"He's going to start the season in Greenville for four starts and progressively ramp up his pitch count [and] endurance, and then we will make the next step from there," said Red Sox manager Terry Francona. "That takes him through roughly 3 1/2, four weeks of April. It's another start down here, and then four in Greenville.

Also, Hansen, MDC, and Bryan Corey are headed to Pawtucket. Snyder and Lopez appear to have nailed down the last 2 roster spots, pending Timlin's return.

"He's going to start the season in Greenville for four starts and progressively ramp up his pitch count [and] endurance, and then we will make the next step from there," said Red Sox manager Terry Francona. "That takes him through roughly 3 1/2, four weeks of April. It's another start down here, and then four in Greenville.

Also, Hansen, MDC, and Bryan Corey are headed to Pawtucket. Snyder and Lopez appear to have nailed down the last 2 roster spots, pending Timlin's return.

Not suprising about Lester, beter he take his time and get well. Good news about Hansen, he wasn't ready for primetime.

Not suprising about Lester, beter he take his time and get well. Good news about Hansen, he wasn't ready for primetime.

I have a fear this year that a lot of people are overrating this pitching staff.

IMHO

Schilling should be good but is 40

Wake is old and will go 13-12 ish

Beckett is inconsistent and very overrated. Show me the improvement before cannoninzing him. (not you the Boston media and fans IN BOSTON, remember everything is great about the Sox and sucks about NY :roll:

Matsusaka, the jury is out until facing the good AL lineups for more than one time. I think he will win 15.

5th starter is a mess until Lester comes back. Tavarez and Snyder are not goodl

The bullpen is shaky besides Papelbon.

The lineup is excellent from 1-5

but

varitek is old and beat up

coco is inconsistent

lowell is inconsistent

pedrioa is not good. I would have kept Loretta.

so I see 92-94 wins at best, unless the issues I listed are not as bad as I think they are.

Yes I am cynnical, after last nights Canes debacle do you blame me :wink:

Yikes Medford! :shock:

I'm a little more optomistic than you but can see several of your points. My biggest concern is the bull pen. So far they haven't showed me much in the preseason. I'm really disappointed that Pap won't be in the rotation but there is just no one else for closer.

As for the Canes....we are toast :cry:

Yikes Medford! :shock:

I'm a little more optomistic than you but can see several of your points. My biggest concern is the bull pen. So far they haven't showed me much in the preseason. I'm really disappointed that Pap won't be in the rotation but there is just no one else for closer.

As for the Canes....we are toast :cry:

I'm really disappointed that Pap won't be in the rotation but there is just no one else for closer.

Oh, I'm sure sending Paps to the pen is just a ploy to open up a spot in the rotation for Clemens. There, I've got it all figured out. :wink: