The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
warbird-1

MLB thread: Trade deadline time

I'm really disappointed that Pap won't be in the rotation but there is just no one else for closer.

Oh, I'm sure sending Paps to the pen is just a ploy to open up a spot in the rotation for Clemens. There, I've got it all figured out. :wink:

:lol:

I'm really disappointed that Pap won't be in the rotation but there is just no one else for closer.

Oh, I'm sure sending Paps to the pen is just a ploy to open up a spot in the rotation for Clemens. There, I've got it all figured out. :wink:

:lol:

Then I will feel better about things :wink:

I just dont want to overrated the team. Remember I am here and some are predicting 105 wins, which is absurd with that bullpen and bottom of the order. 95 is reachable, hopefully Lester can come back to full health. If he is he might eventually be the number 2/3 on this team. I trust him more than overraed Josh I gonna throw my fastball by everyone Beckett.

At least Lester tried to acually you know pitch, not throw like Beckett.

Strong outing from Tavarez today in Philly (thats what it looks like in the box score anyway, I couldn't watch it). Not so much for Snyder.

One last tuneup tomorrow in Philly before heading out to KC! Also, less than 48 hours 'til Mets@Cards opens things up on Sunday night. Can't get here fast enough.

Strong outing from Tavarez today in Philly (thats what it looks like in the box score anyway, I couldn't watch it). Not so much for Snyder.

One last tuneup tomorrow in Philly before heading out to KC! Also, less than 48 hours 'til Mets@Cards opens things up on Sunday night. Can't get here fast enough.

Dice-K on the mound today :-)

Dice-K on the mound today :-)

I'm thinking about skipping class to watch the braves game. wooo GO BRAVES. Gonna have my tomohawk in my backpack all day.

Wish I didn't have to go into work this afternoon, since it'll make memiss the first few innings of the Sox game. But oh well.

On another note, what's the deal with the schedule? Why the heck do we have an off day in the middle of the series?

I'm thinking about skipping class to watch the braves game. wooo GO BRAVES. Gonna have my tomohawk in my backpack all day.

Wish I didn't have to go into work this afternoon, since it'll make memiss the first few innings of the Sox game. But oh well.

On another note, what's the deal with the schedule? Why the heck do we have an off day in the middle of the series?

Warbird

This is usually done with teams that play in potentially bad weather for a make up date the next day. It has gone on for years. If the team plays in a dome or in CA or south, then generally there is off day in the middle of the series. I have not seen the Sox sched, but I bet they have an off date next week after they open at Fenway. Boy I hope it gets better weather wise. It is now 41 and drizzling outside :cry:

This is usually done with teams that play in potentially bad weather for a make up date the next day. It has gone on for years. If the team plays in a dome or in CA or south, then generally there is off day in the middle of the series. I have not seen the Sox sched, but I bet they have an off date next week after they open at Fenway. Boy I hope it gets better weather wise. It is now 41 and drizzling outside :cry:

That makes total sense Medford. I remember all those rain out games last season with Boston and NY.

On a different note....YOOOOUUUUKKKKK!!!!!! Red Sox 1-0

Sorry, couldn't help myself, I had to start the season like Youk with a bang. :mrgreen:

That makes total sense Medford. I remember all those rain out games last season with Boston and NY.

On a different note....YOOOOUUUUKKKKK!!!!!! Red Sox 1-0

Sorry, couldn't help myself, I had to start the season like Youk with a bang. :mrgreen:

I was just wondering, how many of the members on this board are Braves fans?

I am, have been since the 60's, the days of Gaylord Perry and Phil Niekro!!

5-1? What the hell happened?
Schilling couldn't find the strike zone....at all.

Crud. When I left work it was still 2-1, by the time I got back to my room it was 5-1 and I was wondering how things broke so bad.

edit- And now Okajima gives up a dinger on the first pitch of his MLB career. What more can go wrong.