The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
warbird-1

MLB thread: Trade deadline time

5-1? What the hell happened?
Schilling couldn't find the strike zone....at all.

Crud. When I left work it was still 2-1, by the time I got back to my room it was 5-1 and I was wondering how things broke so bad.

edit- And now Okajima gives up a dinger on the first pitch of his MLB career. What more can go wrong.

relax there are 161 more games left. At least you dont live in Boston where the sky is falling :lol:

At least you dont live in Boston where the sky is falling :lol:

lol, that doesn't surprise me. having a whole day to stew about it doesn't helpe either I'm sure. Oh well, back at it tomorrow. Hope for better things from Beckett tomorrow.

I look at it like this, Schilling took one for the team. He took the loss just to take the pressure off the team having to deal with the prospect of an undefeated season.........haha. I'm hoping for a better result today from Beckett and the rest of the team.

I was just wondering, how many of the members on this board are Braves fans?

ewwwwwww! snort. Cubs here!

(aaaaugh! We're For Sale after a billion years with the Chicago Tribune family!!! :shock: Oh, baseball gods, what will happen to us????? Actually, Bill Murray is one of a number of people interested in taking on the Cubbies!)

Holy crow, I thought our game was at 4, don't know where I got that idea. Just realized its going right now, 2-0 Sox in the 5th. Guess DiceK must be doing alright. But now that I've got it on, if we start screwing up the rest of the day, we'll know why.

Holy crow, I thought our game was at 4, don't know where I got that idea. Just realized its going right now, 2-0 Sox in the 5th. Guess DiceK must be doing alright. But now that I've got it on, if we start screwing up the rest of the day, we'll know why.

I saw some of the highlights and Dice K looked good.

I dont want to get too excited, its only the Royals.

2 out of 3 is good though. :-)

my Dodgers finally won last night to get to 1-2. Jason Schmidt looked good but the problem with LA always over the years is Power. There must not be any steriods in LA **I am joking of course :lol: ****

HA take that Phillies. Braves take the series 3-0. Great fans philly fans are, they threw beer bottles in the outfield. So the phillies are the team to beat? HA. Still very early in the season but let me have my fun.

I got to see most of it. Dice-K looked real good and Pap looked like...well Pap!!! Good news Warbird, you can still watch the games.

I've decided its time to get over the loss of Loretta cause this kid Pedroia is the real deal and I think I'm also gonna like JD Drew(if he stays healthy).

I got to see most of it. Dice-K looked real good and Pap looked like...well Pap!!! Good news Warbird, you can still watch the games.

I've decided its time to get over the loss of Loretta cause this kid Pedroia is the real deal and I think I'm also gonna like JD Drew(if he stays healthy).

HA take that Phillies. Braves take the series 3-0. Great fans philly fans are, they threw beer bottles in the outfield. So the phillies are the team to beat? HA. Still very early in the season but let me have my fun.

After Rollins comments, that was very sweet. The Braves have retooled with a lot of youth very quickly. I don't know that this is their year, but there should be a lot of good baseball played during the summer at Turner Field.

I take sweet pleasure in any victory of Atlanta over Philly. I was in Atlanta during the NFL playoffs when the Beagles came down.. and about 854 metric tonnes of Beagle fan. Since I was staying at the hotel, I was exposed to most of the visiting 'excitement'.

On the way out of a Falcons victory? Silence. Sweet silence. Except for me pointing out how silent it was.

Next on my list.. the Mets, who are extremely happy about being 1-14 in the last 15 seasons. And look.. the schedule-maker agrees with me. Should be a fun weekend.

Its my honor to add the first MLB post on this new board.....

Red Sox 12

Mariners 1

Bottom of the 5th :lol:

Marcus, we need some more smilies, I miss Mr. Green.

Edit:

Red Sox 13 (even Tek is getting hits :blink: )

Mariners 1

Its my honor to add the first MLB post on this new board.....

Red Sox 12

Mariners 1

Bottom of the 5th :lol:

Marcus, we need some more smilies, I miss Mr. Green.

Edit:

Red Sox 13 (even Tek is getting hits :blink: )

Mariners 1

(my first post on the new board)

Yep, just about everything we right out there today, especially when even Tek manages a couple knocks.

DiceK start #2 tomorrow, his first at Fenway. I'm sure the Japanese media will be in a frenzy (even by their standards) for DiceK vs. Ichiro.

Yea, I am actually kind of anxious to see how they do against each other. Dice-K will probably burn him, but it will be somewhat interesting anyway.

They showed a clip on NESN today of DiceK striking him out back in Japan, when DiceK was like 18 or something. Should be very interesting. And thankfully its a night game so I don't have to miss the start.

Yep, just about everything we right out there today, especially when even Tek manages a couple knocks.

DiceK start #2 tomorrow, his first at Fenway. I'm sure the Japanese media will be in a frenzy (even by their standards) for DiceK vs. Ichiro.

At least Dice-K will actually have someone he can have a conversation with.

Lol, they actually showed him and Schilling talking in the dugout today, and I wondered how/what they were talking about. Remy and Orsillo commented that DiceK actually knows a fair amount of English, which came as news to me.

I don't know so much about a conversation, I just see a big grin with a lot of head nodding.

He's gonna be fun to have around this season and I guess the next 6 too. Doesn't he have like 20 translaters as part of his contract?

I don't know so much about a conversation, I just see a big grin with a lot of head nodding.

He's gonna be fun to have around this season and I guess the next 6 too. Doesn't he have like 20 translaters as part of his contract?

The less said about the pathetic parking situation at Dodger Stadium, the better. Not only are those McCourt freaks now charging $15 for general parking, they've made it nearly impossible to get into (and out of) the park itself. Check out what the Los Angeles Times has to say about the parking, as well as the multitude of different problems fans are dealing with: http://www.latimes.com/sports/baseball/mlb/dodgers/.

Ouch. :(

Jan/GSBG

The less said about the pathetic parking situation at Dodger Stadium, the better. Not only are those McCourt freaks now charging $15 for general parking, they've made it nearly impossible to get into (and out of) the park itself. Check out what the Los Angeles Times has to say about the parking, as well as the multitude of different problems fans are dealing with: http://www.latimes.com/sports/baseball/mlb/dodgers/''>http://www.latimes.com/sports/baseball/mlb/dodgers/' target="_blank">http://www.latimes.com/sports/baseball/mlb/dodgers/[/post].

Jan/GSBG

They charge $25 in the nearby lots for Red Sox games. The "T" cost $1.25 for a token ;)

The less said about the pathetic parking situation at Dodger Stadium, the better. Not only are those McCourt freaks now charging $15 for general parking, they've made it nearly impossible to get into (and out of) the park itself. Check out what the Los Angeles Times has to say about the parking, as well as the multitude of different problems fans are dealing with: http://www.latimes.com/sports/baseball/mlb/dodgers/''>http://www.latimes.com/sports/baseball/mlb/dodgers/' target="_blank">http://www.latimes.com/sports/baseball/mlb/dodgers/[/post].

Jan/GSBG

They charge $25 in the nearby lots for Red Sox games. The "T" cost $1.25 for a token ;)