The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
jb_online

Soooo... 12-13 All-Star Game?

I just saw that there was a round-about 2012-13 All Star selection by the media and the fans were cut out of the process.  I had no idea there was going to be an All-Star game this season... honestly I'm still a little confused about it.  What's going on?

First Team: G - Sergei Bobrovsky, D - PK Subban, D - Ryan Suter, C - Cindy Crosby, RW - Alex Ovechkin 1, LW - Chris Kunitz

Second Team: G - King Lundqvist, D - Francois Beauchemin, D - Kris Letang, C - Jon Toews, RW - Marty St. Louis, LW - Alex Ovechkin 2

Of course, no Hurricanes were selected but Ovechkin was selected twice............. ?

I'm assuming the actual game isn't happening, so that just leaves the sole purpose of the 2012-13 All-Star Game roster to be a completely imaginary contest.  Right now I'm imagining Ovechkin checking himself into the boards, blocking his own shots and I imagine him taking himself out with a knee-to-knee collision (which, I admit, would be hard to do).  Then he'd successfully lick his own elbow proving it to be possible after all while the media applauded, wetting themselves submissively.