The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
caneswincup

Goodbye Jagr...signs with Devils

Can't say I'm surprised with the signing, considering NJ's situation.  I wanted Jagr, too, but it would have been a short term fix.  Hopefully JR can get a long term player instead.

Don't count him out yet either, if the winds blow the right way we could be contenders and the Devils could be sellers at the deadline, and now that everyone knows he likes Carolina and wants to play here he could find his way.  He would be a great addition similar to Weight or Recchi in '06.

Edited by SuckaPunchd

Don't count him out yet either, if the winds blow the right way we could be contenders and the Devils could be sellers at the deadline, and now that everyone knows he likes Carolina and wants to play here he could find his way.  He would be a great addition similar to Weight or Recchi in '06.

Very true.  I only wonder if he'll have gas in the tank at that point.  It's very possible...

I still have not seen anything official about this player, just a bunch of innuendo. Does anyone have the "official announcement" of the signing?

Thanks,jb. That official article came out right after I posted, so couldn't retract(or at least I saw it right after I posted). Some were posting how Lamerello resented being preempted before he made the announcement, so I merely was curious if he would nix the deal. Then again, I guess NJ is in a world of hurt, so he simply could not pass on Jagr. Guess that we'll have to see if JR missed a golden opportunity this coming season by not signing him, or if JR was wiser than us on this board.

I was one who thought the risk was too great and we should pass on Jagr. I admit the guy could go on forever. I just thought the cost+risk made signing Jagr unappealing. I guess we will find out.