The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
caniac-97

Justin Peters

Dave, you do recall you are the one that brought up this Cam Ward dialogue here implying he's an  ***** goalie, right? Not me. I was simply giving my view, from what I see.

Where did I say or even imply that Cam was elite?

********* ** **** means "average at best" and I think he's better than average, but that's far from calling him elite.

My issues it the crappy defense that has been iced in front of every Canes goalie.  You on the other hand find a fluke goal video and use it to justify your stance on Ward.  I just wanted to show that those goals happen to every goalie.

Edited by super_dave_1

Where did I say or even imply that Cam was elite?

********* ** **** means "average at best" and I think he's better than average, but that's far from calling him elite.

My issues it the crappy defense that has been iced in front of every Canes goalie.  You on the other hand find a fluke goal video and use it to justify your stance on Ward.  I just wanted to show that those goals happen to every goalie.

Ok,Dave, I think we basically somewhat agree on #30.

And yes, naturally red-line goals can happen to any goalie, as can blueline-to-blueline break downs on defense.

Again, I'm not anti Cam, but I will go to the mat with those that drink Trip's coolaid and think Cam is an elite "top 5" NHL goalie.

So can we leave it at that?  (with no personal attacks please).

Again, nothing wrong with having a 12-20th ish best NHL goalie.  Its okay to see him for that and still be a great Caniac fan.

I'm just trying to figure out how a Justin Peters topic became another Cam bashing forum.

For the record. Justin Peters is not an elite goalie.

OBX'r, figuring out how this thread got out of hand and ultimately degraded into another Cam Ward fish fry doesn't require a degree in rocket science to figure out.  It's a combination of a few things.  I emphasize "a few things."  But there's blame to go all around.

And if I was magically transformed into a moderator, I'd probably post something like "stay on topic" or something like that before I had to ask the question anyway.  But, I'm not a moderator.

As far as Peters goes, I don't think he has it between the ears to be an NHL goalie.  I have no idea what the Canes will do with him, but bringing in Khudobin, does it have to be that much clearer?

Edited by coastal_caniac

I would just like to thank you for using ******* ** **** rather than the actual words. I don't think I could take that again!  :hairpull:  :bangHead:  and .....hey what happened to our emoticon with a horse getting beaten? Did PETA get in here?

Edited by remkin

Peters...

The one thing you have to remember is that JR thinks his specialty is goalies, being a former goalie.

This is why he is often mentally unstable.  :sarcasmalert:

But I think my point is this, I think he will tend to stick with Peters longer than most of us would, as he saw something when he picked him up, and will still believe he was right on him.   I would expect us to keep him in the AHL.  Of course if we trade him for something sweet, that could happen.  But with his play to date, I don't see that happening.

I see Peters playing in Charlotte unless somebody gets hurt. Maybe he sets the world on fire and JR can move the contract, but I don't see that happening unless another team with no prospects loses a goalie to injury. Hag, I don't see anything sweet coming back. Maybe some sweet expired Hardee's coupons or some sweet run down D cell batteries.

I see Peters playing in Charlotte unless somebody gets hurt. Maybe he sets the world on fire and JR can move the contract, but I don't see that happening unless another team with no prospects loses a goalie to injury. Hag, I don't see anything sweet coming back. Maybe some sweet expired Hardee's coupons or some sweet run down D cell batteries.

Last three times I tried to use expired Hardees coupons no one noticed.