The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
fpsndiver

Question about tickets with Handicapable Access

Hello All,

A friend of mine at work, his son has Duschenne's Muscular Dystrophy (SP).  He is 18 years old, and confined to an electric wheel chair.  The chair is pretty big, but not anything abnormal.  He wants to go to a Hurricanes game.  His son and my son are friends, to it would be (My buddy, his son, my son, and I).  I know I have seen wheelchair bound fans on the balcony.  So.......

1.  How do I buy tickets with this kind of access?

2.  Will we all be able to sit together somehow?

3.  Is there an elevator or something to get us up there?

Thanks in advance for any answers anyone is able to provide.  We're gonna try and make a whole day and late night out of it....maybe even let Jman wheel over to the autograph line.   The kid plays wheelchair hockey in a league that him and his parents basically started, Hotwheels Hockey League.  He just wants to see a Hurricanes game, preferably when they play the Bruins.  I am tasked with getting the tickets.  Any help or guidance is appreciated. 

Also, every day is a blessing for the Jman, so we want to make this AN EVENT for the kid.  Any other suggestions on how to do so?  We don't want him to ever forget this.  My son will get him BBQ Nachos, because that is my son's thing, probably a pre-game Cinnabon (good luck adventure), but is there any way to get a message on the JumboTron or something like that for the JMAN?

I appreciate any and all advice.  I need some help. 

Tom

Hello All,

A friend of mine at work, his son has Duschenne's Muscular Dystrophy (SP).  He is 18 years old, and confined to an electric wheel chair.  The chair is pretty big, but not anything abnormal.  He wants to go to a Hurricanes game.  His son and my son are friends, to it would be (My buddy, his son, my son, and I).  I know I have seen wheelchair bound fans on the balcony.  So.......

1.  How do I buy tickets with this kind of access?

2.  Will we all be able to sit together somehow?

3.  Is there an elevator or something to get us up there?

Thanks in advance for any answers anyone is able to provide.  We're gonna try and make a whole day and late night out of it....maybe even let Jman wheel over to the autograph line.   The kid plays wheelchair hockey in a league that him and his parents basically started, Hotwheels Hockey League.  He just wants to see a Hurricanes game, preferably when they play the Bruins.  I am tasked with getting the tickets.  Any help or guidance is appreciated. 

Also, every day is a blessing for the Jman, so we want to make this AN EVENT for the kid.  Any other suggestions on how to do so?  We don't want him to ever forget this.  My son will get him BBQ Nachos, because that is my son's thing, probably a pre-game Cinnabon (good luck adventure), but is there any way to get a message on the JumboTron or something like that for the JMAN?

I appreciate any and all advice.  I need some help. 

Tom

1.  Ask the ticket rep when you call, they can get you access tickets.

2.  If you buy early enough you might.  It depends on demand.

3.  Yes, the elevator is at VIP, it come out at 301 at the 3rd level

Well, since nobody answered, I tried purchasing tickets to the Bruins game in November.  Ticketmaster has not been very friendly or easy to deal with.  I can't just go to the box office, because its a 2.5 hour drive.  It has never been this difficult for me to purchase tickets to a Hurricanes game.  It is very frustrating (FOR ANY HURRICANES MGT WATCHING THE THREAD).  Doesn't seem like things should be this difficult for fans with disabilities.  There has got to be a better way than dealing with Ticketmaster, I can't abide that company. 

Any other ideas?  You can't call in ticket orders to the box office, says so in the rules.  That seems counterproductive as well in today's society.  Sometimes its not fun to be a Canes fan that doesn't live in the Triangle. 

fpsdiver, I went to main page clicked tickets, clicked individual tickets, clicked on desired game on the calendar, clicked use map, on the seating map toward the top of the page on right hand side their is a request accessible seats box, click it to open and click request accessible seats, that takes you to a map with accessible seats and a form for accessible seats and companion seating. Thats where I stopped but I think once you choose the seats and type it could lead you to your purchase.

No guarantee here as I was just trying to find a way to help. It looks like it might work.

Yeah, if you keep going, you end up getting a form you fill out that generates an email to ticketmaster which is basically a request for accessible tickets.  I filled out that form on Monday or so, and you should see the email chain since then.  Its like pulling teeth.  They showed the available seating, and I selected a section.  They replied the next day, nothing in that section, sorry.  I then reply, "Well what is available?"  Then they want a price range.  I give them our price range, and they reply, nothing available in that price range.  I up my range in a reply, then they say we have some available, but you all will be separated.  They have Justin (the kid we're taking) and his dad seated in one section, and have us somewhere else entirely.  Hell, this is impossible.  I'm pretty sick of the mess.  We all wanted to go together, but obviously that is not going to be easy.  We wanted Justin to feel as normal as possible, and he and my son are friends that would have liked to sit together.  Battling ticketmaster and this nonsensical email chain is deflating.  I'm feeling pretty defeated by this mess.  I feel bad for Justin in all of this, and his parents when they have to deal with this kind of mess everywhere they go.  I was trying to take on the burden of buying the tickets to make it as stress free for them as possible.  I just had no idea how hard it would be.  When Kaleb and I want to go to a game, we get tickets and go, within 5 minutes.  NO PROBLEM.  Doesn't seem like equal treatment to me.  I'm very frustrated.