The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
RNT82

Bold Predictions for the 2013-14 Season

I did this last year before the season started, so I figured I'd try again.  Speaking of last year, I got 4 of the playoff teams wrong (3 in East, 1 in the West), I got half of the division champs right (CHI, WSH, and VAN), I totally missed on the SCF, and as for Westgarth I wasn't too far off (he finished with a fight record of 5-2).

Now, on to this year's predictions...

Teams making the playoffs (no particular order)

Atlantic

BOS

MTL

DET

OTT

Metro

PIT

NYR

WSH

NYI

Central

CHI

STL

MIN

DAL

Pacific

ANA

LA

SJ

VAN

Division Champs

BOS

NYR

CHI

SJ

East Final

DET over PIT

West Final

SJ over CHI

Stanley Cup Final

SJ over DET

Let's see how wrong I am in 6 months.

My bold prediction:

Carolina will NOT make it to the playoffs...and then both Kirk and JR will be out.

must concur.   see no evidence the Canes are ready to move from the South-least Conference to what is probably the strongest conference in the NHL.  the only question is when they will fall out of the chase for the conference title. 

I think we could be a dark horse this year. We are getting no respect from anyone. Will we win the cup? Doubt it. Will we reach the East finals? Probably not. But the playoffs are not too far out of our reach in my opinion, even with such a brutal schedule. - Bold prediction.

OK, here are my predictions:

Eastern Conference

Atlantic:

Detroit (Wins Division)

Boston

Montreal

Metropolitan:

Pittsburgh (Wins Division)

NY Rangers

NY Islanders

Washington

Carolina

Western Conference

Central:

Chicago (Wins Division)

Nashville

Dallas

St. Louis

Colorado

Pacific:

San Jose (Wins Division)

Phoenix

Los Angeles

Edited by hopper915

lots of injuries, lots of inconsistent play, lots of no defence and being outshot, lots of loses, on track for a top 3 pick in the draft, then a 8-10 game win streak at the end so we pick 7 or 8th... oh wait thats the last four years.........

Murphy wins the Calder, 'Canes make the finals. Semin a finalist for the Hart, Tlusty wins Richard. E. Staal wins Art Ross, J. Staal wins Selke. M. Staal is acquired at the deadline when NYR is second to last in the league. Ward finalist for Vezina.

And for the most bold, even compared to the above:

Ward and Khudobin win the William M. Jennings trophy.

My bold prediction:

Carolina will NOT make it to the playoffs...and then both Kirk and JR will be out.

must concur.   see no evidence the Canes are ready to move from the South-least Conference to what is probably the strongest conference in the NHL.  the only question is when they will fall out of the chase for the conference title. 

Man this is my first year on the message board but are most canes fans this negative(or as they would say "realistic")?  Why would Muller be out?  This is his first full regular season as coach.  They have the talent to compete with anyone in the NHL, Ward is healthy, and they added veterans on D to help chemistry.  Their record against most of the large market teams is actually pretty good.  Its the lower teams in the south we always seemed to struggle with.

Who knows if they will gel but to say 'no shot' a day before the first game given their current roster is crazy.  They held fist place for a large portion of last year by beating many of the teams now in division.  I thought there was a large number of the Hurricanes fan that are also State fans?  If you can post each year that NC State football or basketball has a shot at the national championship, how on earth can you look at this team and say "no evidence they can compete"

just say'n...

Murphy wins the Calder, 'Canes make the finals. Semin a finalist for the Hart, Tlusty wins Richard. E. Staal wins Art Ross, J. Staal wins Selke. M. Staal is acquired at the deadline when NYR is second to last in the league. Ward finalist for Vezina.

And for the most bold, even compared to the above:

Ward and Khudobin win the William M. Jennings trophy.

WOW!!!! i dont know what your smoking or what drugs your taking, but i really wanna try some with that outlook!!!!!

It's really more of an internet thing then a Canes thing, you'd find this kind of stuff on any team forum.

Man this is my first year on the message board but are most canes fans this negative(or as they would say "realistic")?  Why would Muller be out?  This is his first full regular season as coach.  They have the talent to compete with anyone in the NHL, Ward is healthy, and they added veterans on D to help chemistry.  Their record against most of the large market teams is actually pretty good.  Its the lower teams in the south we always seemed to struggle with.

Who knows if they will gel but to say 'no shot' a day before the first game given their current roster is crazy.  They held fist place for a large portion of last year by beating many of the teams now in division.  I thought there was a large number of the Hurricanes fan that are also State fans?  If you can post each year that NC State football or basketball has a shot at the national championship, how on earth can you look at this team and say "no evidence they can compete"

just say'n...

just say'n...

Dude...you need to take a pill.  This thread is about BOLD predictions...

So what is so BOLD about saying the Pens will win the the division followed by regurgitating what you saw Berry Melrose say on sportscenter? I did make a BOLD prediction that the Canes would be good and make the playoffs. You need to take an reading comprehension pill...