The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Blinding

Caps - Flyers Line Brawl, No Discipline for Emery

From SBNation:

When asked if there was any conversation with Holtby prior to the fight, Emery responded by saying, "Yeah, a little bit. I don't remember. He didn't want to fight but I said basically protect yourself. He didn't really have much of a choice."

From LeBrun on Twitter:

Pierre LeBrun @Real_ESPNLeBrun

After looking at it and discussing it internally for last 24 hrs, NHL has decided not to suspend Ray Emery. Simply put current rulebook as it stands doesn't back any suspension for this. Obviously league doesn't like what it saw last night but there's just nothing in rulebook for supplemental discipline for that fight

Just an absolute disgrace to the league and the sport, Holtby wanted absolutely no part and Emery pretty much assaulted him while the refs not only just stood there and watched, but they also waived players coming in for Holtby's defense away. How the department of player safety is not going to do absolutely anything about this because there's no explicitly stated about in the rule book is mind boggling, had Emery of done that to Holtby on the streets he'd be sitting in jail right now.

Just yet another case of disgusting situation handling by NHL execs.

I hope they dont show up here Tues night because our fragile team won't do well with that kind of play.

I hope they dont show up here Tues night because our fragile team won't do well with that kind of play.

Hmmm, if we're up 7-zip when they show up with that, I say, "BRING IT ON!"

Hmmm, if we're up 7-zip when they show up with that, I say, "BRING IT ON!"

Did you say if we're up 7-zip 

:rofl:

Wasn't there a case a few years back when a player was assaulted by another with his stick.  I think there was a suspension but I also think the injured player pressed legal assault charges.  Anyone remember this?   I feel like it had something to do with Islanders or Rangers.

Of course there's always Marty McSorley...

Wasn't there a case a few years back when a player was assaulted by another with his stick.  I think there was a suspension but I also think the injured player pressed legal assault charges.  Anyone remember this?   I feel like it had something to do with Islanders or Rangers.

Of course there's always Marty McSorley...

Todd Bertuzzi, when he was with the Canucks.

The ref that allowed Emery to continue throwing at Holtby even when he was down on the ice several times should also be suspended imo.  If that's his best effort at breaking it up maybe he's not fit to be an NHL ref.

Edited by LakeLivin