The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
colliefan

Stay cool this week...

oh tahts great considering ill be spending the majority of my week outside

Even more reason to take care of yourself.

oh tahts great considering ill be spending the majority of my week outside

Even more reason to take care of yourself.

Ya know, this would be the perfect reason to go ice skating this week. Remind me, what temp is it at the ice rinks? Is it something like 60 degrees? The kids and I will most likely be at the local Raleigh pool, but IcePlex is just up the road....anyone up for a little fun on the frozen pond?

Better yet, August 9th is Miracle Day at Dairy Queen. What better reason could one need than to go and get a delicious frozen treat like a blizzard? The strawberry cheesequake blizzard is my favorite! Here's the link about Miracle Day, which helps support Children's Miracle Network -- http://www.miracletreatday.com/

Stay cool, Caniac friends!

It's killer, this heat.

I have to get up even earlier just to enjoy a good hour of tennis, it's wonderful when I can get up at noon and not have to worry about the heat, but today I got up at 9 to catch some cooler weather and it was still very hot. I can't wait for the cooler months to get here.

This heat is madness. It's bad enough I have to watch the Mudcats blow every single game they play. It's even worse to have to pick up the trash after the game. But to do it in this heat? So not worth it.

Just got back in from Wilmington not too long ago and my car's thermometer read 103 degrees at 7:00pm :o

Just got back in from Wilmington not too long ago and my car's thermometer read 103 degrees at 7:00pm :o

You guys are lucky, i've had to endure a week of high winds & now it's raining continuously! :(

But I go to Germany next week with my son to visit my sister & her family, & they're expecting a heatwave around the 15th!

High winds & continuous rain? I'd rather have that than being in heat & humidity so high that your face feels like putty & you can just pull it right off. It gets ungodly hot here. We went to a show in Charlotte 2 years ago & it hit 117 (only 107 w/out the humidity).

Hold on, kids - WRAL says it's gonna hit 101 degrees on Wed. & Thurs. Remember to bring your water bottles w/ you wherever you go if you're forced to have go someplace w/out air conditioning.

It read 97 degrees yesterday at 10 am in Valdosta GA, don't know bout FL. Suppose to reach 100 today here, so we'll see. Also, if your dog or cat does get overheated, rub alcohol (rubbing alcohol) on the pads of their paws, and put ice on their chest and inbetween the lower legs. One of our dogs had tetanus and had a spiking fever, and the neurologist told us to have alcohol pads for for her paws, and ice in bags inbetween both sets of legs for the chest and near the groin area. Helped calm the the fever/body temp. down.

I'll be spending the next few days at the pool then...

Hopefully it won't be toooooo crowded, but of course, 101 degress...

I'll be lucky if I can even walk 3 feet in the pool.

Atleast swimteam is over. That means I won't have to work my butt off in this scorching heat every morning and afternoon. Sure, it's not that bad in the water. But Tuesdays and Thursdays we have land work outs, or whatever you call 'em.

it is bad all over... i live about an hour east of asheville and it topped out right at 100 today... it was awful and it supposed to be like this all week... and what sucks is i work in a kitchen and there is poor ac in the kitchen so i know i have a few fun nights ahead....

LMFAO!!!!

That's another movie I wanna see. "Bruce Almighty" was funny (w/ the exception of Buffalo winning the Cup, that is) :P, so I want to see what they've done w/ the second one. Looks just as funny as the first one to me. :)

OK guys! I've had enough! I'm sitting here in Scotland with the rain hosing down & the best teperature i've seen in weeks is 65! Send the sun over here, i've forgotten what it looks like! :(

I would like to volunteer! I have always wanted to travel to Scotland (and Ireland too). This would be a good excuse. Maybe squeeze in a round of golf while im there too. ;)

OK guys! I've had enough! I'm sitting here in Scotland with the rain hosing down & the best teperature i've seen in weeks is 65! Send the sun over here, i've forgotten what it looks like! :(

I would like to volunteer! I have always wanted to travel to Scotland (and Ireland too). This would be a good excuse. Maybe squeeze in a round of golf while im there too. ;)

I live 20 miles from St. Andrews, so the home of golf is very close by. Actually thinking about it, i leve quite near all the major golf venues in Scotland. Muirfield, Carnoustie, Kingsbarns, Gleneagles, etc.

I'd like to thank the Canes organization for picking the hotest week of the year to hold their summer camp, and myself for also choosing this week. :D

The Rec Zone is feeling pretty good right now ;)

I'd like to thank the Canes organization for picking the hotest week of the year to hold their summer camp, and myself for also choosing this week. :D

The Rec Zone is feeling pretty good right now ;)

With it being so hot, this past week probably wasn't the best time to go to the beach, but I did it anyway. I was in Surf City on Wednesday-Thursday but wasn't at the actual beach too much, so I came out of that alright. On Saturday, though, I went to Carolina Beach and got sunburned pretty badly. My face, the front of my neck, and my arms were pretty red, but my feet got burned the worst, mainly the right one (for some odd reason). I couldn't wear shoes at all on Sunday or Monday... it was pretty bad. It's feeling much better now, though, and should be totally gone in a few days. That definitely needed to happen, because I didn't take the harmfulness of the sun's rays as seriously as I should have. I learned my lesson, though, and you can be sure that the next time I go to the beach (or anywhere out in the sun), I will load up on the sunscreen. Even though getting toasted wasn't enjoyable, I still had a fantastic time. I'm not one who loves the beach, but it's still not a bad place to take a trip to, especially when you go with lots of other great people like I did.

You guys thing its hot outside.I work for NABISCO and alot of big named stoes don't ac in the backstock rooms . It's not me melting but so are the OREO'S (aka american hockey pucks) so stay in and stay cool. :P

First time ever (that I know of) that all football practices were cancelled tonight and tomorrow night for Cary Pop Warner Football. 108 degrees on my car tonight heading back from the football field (that's 39C for those of you north of the border ;) ).