The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
colliefan

Stay cool this week...

First time ever (that I know of) that all football practices were cancelled tonight and tomorrow night for Cary Pop Warner Football. 108 degrees on my car tonight heading back from the football field (that's 39C for those of you north of the border ;) ).

This heat makes me wanna move to Canada. That or somewhere really cold in the US. Well I think its safe to say NC won't see much snow at all this winter if not at all :(

Considering we haven't had that bad a Winter precipitation wise, we are overdue for a "big one." Just not the 20 inch storm of ???

That was FUN!!!! I got to build a 5' snowman & walk in the middle of the road 'cause I knew Raleigh was going to be shut down for at least 3 days, & no one other than semi drivers were gonna dare drive in that, so I had no worries.

:D

Ah yes... the big 2000 snowstorm. Wasn't as bad down here, since you guys up in Raleigh always get more snow than we do. We had a pretty big one in 2004, though... like a foot of snow in one day.

Well I think its safe to say NC won't see much snow at all this winter if not at all :(

That doesn't mean anything. Our weather is so up-and-down here that we could easily have a big winter. It's anyone's guess, really.

It's official! Summer has now arrived in Scotland! After days of me moaning about high winds & torential rain, today it's clear blue skies and a temperature of 24C! :o

I get the feeling though that summer will end tomorrow!

I can not wait to try skating tonight at the ICE House.. the Ice is going to be mush or slush....Should be fun.....Gear will be dry in 15 minutes after the game.....

Right now it is over 100 and 'kota thinks it's time to head to the dog park, He doesn't understand why he can't go out. The good thing is the Millbrook dog park has lights and by 8 or so it will just be miserable outside rather than dangerous.

got to 104 (I heard the heat index was 110) around 5pm when I was heading in to work. I stepped out side and the heat smacked me in the face and pushed be back inside. After that it kicked me in the gut a few times just for good measure. Its that hot.