The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
LakeLivin

Forum "work area"

I'm starting this as a place to draft GDT mock-ups, test bugs in the system, etc.  Anything that is related to the website but that shouldn't clog up any of the other threads.

Mods, let me know if this is inappropriate.

Testing the disappearing quote problem.  Quoted the first post.  I'll save it then do an edit which includes a delete to my post to see if that still also deletes the quote.

I'm starting this as a place to draft GDT mock-ups, test bugs in the system, etc.  Anything that is related to the website but that shouldn't clog up any of the other threads.

Mods, let me know if this is inappropriate.

Edit2: yup, doing that deleted the header for the quote and shifted it down below the "new" text in the post.

Edited by LakeLivin

Individual Leaders
              Ottawa Senators                                                         Carolina Hurricanes
Points:    KARLSSON (24), B. RYAN (22), TURRIS (20)            E. STAAL (14), SEKERA (11), GERBE (10)
Goals:     B. RYAN (11), SPEZZA (9), KARLSSON (7)               E. STAAL (5),.SEKERA (5), GERBE (5)
Assists:   KARLSSON (17), TURRIS (14), MACARTHUR (11)    E. STAAL (9), SKINNER (7), SEMIN (6)
PIM:        NEIL (51), BOROWIECKI (43), Z. SMITH (25)             E. STAAL (24), HARRISON (19), RUUTU (16)
Shots:     KARLSSON (70), SPEZZA (66), B. RYAN (62)           GERBE (71),E. STAAL (70), SEMIN (51)
+/-:          MACARTHUR (+12), B. RYAN (+9), TURRIS (+9)       MALHOTRA (+5), DVORAK (+4), SKINNER (+4)

Edited by LakeLivin

I think we have a couple of other test threads in the FAQ section, do you want this to be moved there?  No problem either way.

I think we have a couple of other test threads in the FAQ section, do you want this to be moved there?  No problem either way.

I'm fine either way as well. I just created this one because I couldn't find anything when I looked. : )

Leafs+GDT.jpg

TV:  Fox Sports Carolinas   Radio: 99.9 FM The Fan

The roller coaster season continues.  After briefly besting the .500 mark with a strong win over Phoenix, the Canes have lost 4 straight, including 2 in overtime, to fall one game below .500.  Despite that, the Canes are still only 3 pts back of a playoff spot in the Metro Division and 6 points back of Toronto for the last Eastern Conference wild card spot with 2 games in hand.  A win today stops the Canes 4 game winless streak and puts us back in the thick of things in a surprisingly weak  Metro Division.

Records     Season      Last 10        Last 5             Last Game             
Carolina      14-15-9       3-3-4           1-2-2         3-4 OTL  vs. Pittsburgh
Toronto       19-16-5       3-5-2           2-1-2         4-3 SOW vs. Detroit

Individual Leaders
              Toronto Maple Leafs                                                         Carolina Hurricanes
Points:    Kessel (35), van Riemsdyk (28), Raymond (26)      E. Staal (30), Skinner (23), Sekera (20)
Goals:     Kessel (18), van Riemsdyk (14), 3 with 11              Skinner (14), E. Staal (9), Sekera/ Gerbe (8)
Assists:  Franson (18), Kessel (17), Raymond (15)               E. Staal (21), Sekera/ Faulk (13)
PIM:        Orr (51), McCLaren (43), Phaneuf (25)                   E. Staal (38), Harrison (30), Ruutu (24)
Shots:     Kessel (158), van Riemsdyk (128),  Lupul (93)       Gerbe (113), E. Staal (110), Skinner (94)
+/-:          Phaneuf (+10), Bozak (+5), Gunnarsson (+5)          Dvorak (+6), Dwyer/ Malhotra (+4)

In order to project positive energy towards the team, I’m going to list only recent Hurricane bright spots in this GDT (hey, it worked last time :thumbsup: ).

• Despite losing in OT, Carolina outplayed the Eastern Conference leading Penguins for most of the game Friday night.
  • Although not consistently enough to initiate a strong run, the top two lines have recently shown sparks of life.  Is tonight the night they both finally fire at the same time?  
  • Andrej Sekera.
  • The Canes face a reasonable upcoming schedule.  Time to start collecting 2 points a night.
  • Carolina is reasonably healthy. And Khudobin starting his rehab stint in Charlotte tonight has to be viewed as a positive development.
  • Toronto has gone to a shoot out their last 4 games; despite winning 2 of those, they're not exactly blowing away the competition.
Edited by LakeLivin