The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Heracane

Going to Montreal

Planning a vacation there in late March. Probably will still be a little cold for my blood, but found airfares for under $300 per person and couldn't pass it up.  Montreal's been on our 'bucket-list' for a while.  The best part is we got tickets to a Canadiens game.  Unfortunately, the trip didn't correspond with seeing the Canes in Montreal, but I'm beyond excited to see a game at the Bell Centre!  For one night, I'll be a Habs fan!!

Hope weather cooperates. Took same chance last year in early April and they had record lows. Maybe you'll get the opposite.

Go early to game and spend some time to read the player/personnel plaques. Lower level on side behind benches. The Championship banners in the rafters are unbelievable!

Enjoy.

Thanks colliefan and thanks for the tips, Manwolf.  As far as I can tell, doors open 90 mins before the game, so we'll be there ready to go when they open.  I've been spending far too much time online this weekend looking at itinerary options and places to explore around the city!

I'd recommend:

- the old port area

- Rue St Laurant

- a walk along the St Lawrence river

- Mont Royal

- a drive up into the Laurentide mountains if you have a car.

Hope you have a great trip.  Dress warm.

Edited by coastal_caniac

I'd recommend:

-  the museums, they have historic to contemporary  - went to the Beatles exhibit at the Montreal Museum of Archaeology and History.

-  tour the Bell Center.  They have english tours at noon (at least it was in November) and at 3 pm.  You can find out by calling the Hall of Fame # or checking online.  If you go to the Habs Hall of Fame and take your tickets for that night's game you can get a discount.  The tour is extra and you can just do the tour if you want.  Because there is a game that night, you will not be able to see the Habs dressing room but the tour is still pretty good.  The best part, I thought, was going up to the catwalk were the journalists sit.  The view of the ice and the arena is amazing from up there.  

I agree with all of coastal caniac's recommendations!

There are a lot of things to do and places to see.  Keep an eye on the weather before you go and you will be ok.  If you stay downtown Montreal you are within walking distance of almost everywhere you want to go.