The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
AWACSooner

What's gotten into this team lately?

Just over a month ago, we were all gnashing and ready to jump ship on the season...the team was headed down the toilet, there was no physical leadership on the ice, our big $$ players weren't living up to their paychecks, we had more casualties than a VA hospital...

But starting New Year's Eve, it all turned around.  What was it that caused this?

I think I have the answer:

1538792_10101953273291557_1678830176_n.j

Ever since she showed up and flirted with Skinner and Ruu at practice and before the Habs game on the 31st of December, this team is 11-4-0...Skinner is ON FIRE in the scoring department and Ruu's physical game seems to be coming back.  Our big names seem to realize that they're being paid that money for a reason...there's leadership from our C and A's. 

I will accept checks and free tickets for her to attend future Canes games in Raleigh!  ;)

(Yes, this thread was meant as tounge-in-cheek...as we've had waaaaaaay too many negative threads this season).

Beautiful!

I bet the PR department would like a copy of that photo... they love seeing cute young Caniacs.  Might even make a promotional graphic.

They can have it...it was taken by the game photographer at that game...it's on the "official" game photo section...first one up.

I think they all had a real heart to heart with one another at 2nd intermission on NYE.

Nope, it was cause I went over the glass and coached the team in the 3rd...go back and read the GDT ;)

Just over a month ago, we were all gnashing and ready to jump ship on the season...the team was headed down the toilet, there was no physical leadership on the ice, our big $$ players weren't living up to their paychecks, we had more casualties than a VA hospital...

But starting New Year's Eve, it all turned around.  What was it that caused this?

I think I have the answer:

1538792_10101953273291557_1678830176_n.j

Ever since she showed up and flirted with Skinner and Ruu at practice and before the Habs game on the 31st of December, this team is 11-4-0...Skinner is ON FIRE in the scoring department and Ruu's physical game seems to be coming back.  Our big names seem to realize that they're being paid that money for a reason...there's leadership from our C and A's. 

I will accept checks and free tickets for her to attend future Canes games in Raleigh!  ;)

(Yes, this thread was meant as tounge-in-cheek...as we've had waaaaaaay too many negative threads this season).

Wow   a  beauty.... I can  see   you getting grey  early  , lol, when the boys  starting calling  in the teenage years.....

Don't we always stink until Jan. 1st and than go on a second half run and miss the playoffs by 1 point?  We are right on schedule to do our usual thing.   Gonna be intetesting, there is no room for any 3 game or more losing streaks from here on out.

Wow   a  beauty.... I can  see   you getting grey  early  , lol, when the boys  starting calling  in the teenage years.....

Yah, I know...I'd be assembling an arsenal right now, but Germany has tough gun laws...so I'll have to wait til I get back to the states.