The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
TSA

Trade Deadline Discussion Thread - 3/5 @ 3pm

How about Cam for Kesler?

How about Cam/Jordan to Winnipeg for Ladd/Byfuglien/Pavelec?

As much as i would love for your trade to happen, there's just no way.  I'd take back everything i've ever said about JR if he pulled that off.

Edited by PenaltyKiller17

All these wishfull trades are just that, wishfull, not going to happen with JR.  Like I stated earlier nothing is going to happen before the trade deadline with JR.  What you see is what we got, the signing of Dobby is great but that is the extent.  JR won't resign players after the season is over and will try to move others with greater value, only then will something happen.  Mark it down, ain't going to happen before!! :shakeshead:

CoastalCaniac wrote:

Hey top-shelf, that was directed at you but it wasn't meant to be a shot.  I get it.  I liked the bamboozled reference so I ran with it.

As I posted, I just wonder if JR would be the trigger man on trading the Staals?

I replied...

who knows. At the end of the day we're all just guessing :) But Luongo's movement (especially when the same two teams couldn't get that deal done in the off-season) paired with the availability of Edler and Kesler, AND the fact that Malhorta is already here has had me intrigued all day. My guess is that IF Kesler would consider coming here, he's already talked to Rosie, who is from the same area of Michigan and around the same age. Odds are good that Kesler is already familiar with the Karmanos family. 

Would Cam being packaged with Jordan be enough to get us Kesler? I think Cam has value at least equal to a forward or defensive prospect, one of the three things they want for K-man. The others are a first-round pick and a proven NHL center between 20 and 25. So we'd theoretically meet two of their three value requirements - and just maybe if we sent Eric for Edler even up they'd let go of the pick?

Edited by top-shelf-1

I personally don't see anything happening huge tomorrow, the kind's of deals for the future don't seem to happen on the deadline they happen draft day or in the summer.

Maybe we trade Ruutu and eat salary like Jussi but beyond that I really doubt anything goes down.

Signing Khudobin any time is a good move, but the fact it got done today makes me think there is a serious chance Cam will be moved by tomorrow. Someone is at least kicking the tires.

Agree, I'll be surprised if Cam (or Peters) doesn't move.

Why am I not hearing Ward and a Player, Pick for Vanek? You're all letting me down

I am hoping Ward a player and pick for Kesler, now that Vancouver needs a legit goalie.

They're going with Lack now.

So they say…. Thats like us saying we're going with Peters if we got rid of both Ward and Khudo. I am sure they would give it some thought if a goalie was offered their way.

There's much better options, especially during this trade deadline for goalies. Although that doesn't really matter because Vancouver isn't in a rush to replace Luongo, evident in giving Lack the reigns for the remainder of the season. Maybe any move between the two would go down in the offseason, but not during the deadline, in my opinion.

Edited by SuckaPunchd

Edmonton extended Scrivens for 2 years so I guess they feel like they're all set in goal, at least for now.

Cross them off the list today.

Forslund had an interesting observation this morning.

It turns out that JR and Francis couldn't make it out of LA due to botched plane schedules as a result of the east coast storm.  So they stayed with the team.  The team needs to get home, but JR cannot be in limbo during the trade deadline.

So...  They are going to load up the plane at 11AM or so (PST) and wait until the deadline before taking off.  There is a non-zero chance that a player will be tapped on the shoulder and told to get off for his new team.  Or, if the new team is on the east coast, he may ride home with the boys and have a 4 hour good bye.

This situation, my friends, is extremely strange.

Khudobin extended and this from Branecky

"Including opening-night start, Justin Peters leaves Checkers with 4-1-1 record, 2.14 goals-against and .932 save percentage."

It's hard to see a place where Cam fits in...Vancouver totally makes sense as they are only a point out of the wild card and I doubt they rely on Lack and Markstrom to get them over the hump, they need a goalie.  Kessler would certainly be ideal and who knows about where he would want to land...sure he's a piece with the Pens but where does he play there...I'd guess you put him on the RW.  

Ward, Ruutu and a pick for Kessler?

Hoping that we have an interesting day and lots to digest and chat about. 

Better get Kessler fast before Vancouver fires their GM.

This team beats St Louis and San Jose and goes 11-4 on a stretch including 5 in 7. But then dumps a 1-6 stretch. There is a good team in there somewhwere is all I'm saying. Don't blow the team up.

Better get Kessler fast before Vancouver fires their GM.

This team beats St Louis and San Jose and goes 11-4 on a stretch including 5 in 7. But then dumps a 1-6 stretch. There is a good team in there somewhwere is all I'm saying. Don't blow the team up.

Agree...I really think it's a matter of complimentary pieces.  Tlusty not working on the 1st line and Ruutu having a bad year has led to a lot of inconsistency.  Would Kessler allow us to go with E on the RW with either J or Kessler centering?

Chris Johnston @reporterchris 14 hrs

Believe the #hurricanes have received an offer on Justin Peters, but the team may elect to finish the season with three goaltenders.

If we have an offer for Peters and decide to go with three goalies on the roster, it probably means we plan on trading Ward at some point and going with Peters as the backup next year.

Edmonton extended Scrivens for 2 years so I guess they feel like they're all set in goal, at least for now.

Cross them off the list today.

The Oil wanted to make sure Scrivens was a good fit before sending Bryz packing. Now he's in a similar role for the Wild, a stop-gap until Backstrom recovers. Bryz will be playing in Russia next year.