The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
weehawk

No hat this year?

Just looking over the promo schedule for the rest of the season and I dont see a final home game hat giveway like there has been for the last several seasons. Anyone know about that?

Wow.  I guess not. 

I know that it was originally scheduled for Thursday, April 10th vs. the Capitals and that is why I bought some extra tickets.  It's definitely not on the schedule anymore though.  Maybe Chevy changed their mind about sponsoring it.  It's surprising too, because it was one of the few promotions that fans look forward to.

Wow.  I guess not. 

I know that it was originally scheduled for Thursday, April 10th vs. the Capitals and that is why I bought some extra tickets.  It's definitely not on the schedule anymore though.  Maybe Chevy changed their mind about sponsoring it.  It's surprising too, because it was one of the few promotions that fans look forward to.

given the Canes lack of scoring this season perhaps Chevy decided there would be very little chances of a hat trick that night?

Weehawk, you and colliefan should hook up.

You two are soul mates.

Seriously, you probably know all about parking and you two can muse about that and hat giveaways over wine.

Edited by coastal_caniac

They usually don't give any details on "Fan Appreciation Week" until close to the end of the season, but are we really worried about getting a free hat?  I'd settle for a playoff appearance once again in my lifetime.  One of the worst times I can remember in that arena was April 4,2008 when the Panthers beat the Canes to eliminate them from the playoffs on the last day of the season.  We can't even get in a spot to be that depressed any more.

A free hat?  Wait until closer to the end of the season.

Ha ha, I just poked through some stuff and found all kinds of hat giveaways.  Here's a John Deere.  Wasn't that a Staal hat trick?  Here's one that has the Greensboro Coliseum logo on it. Looks like I have 5 different ones with Chevy on it.

I'd bet they give away a hat this year. 

Haven't missed a last home game since I can remember, and I thought I always gave away these hats.  Why do I keep this stuff?

We'll be at the Caps game on the 10th.  Coastal, like you, I keep this stuff - while I did do a couple at Greensboro way back when, didn't start the STH habit until later.  Do have a beer cup from 2000-2001 that gets used from time to time - rarer yet, for the beverage of its original use.

I think too the hats are coming.

I have all those towels from the Cup year. 

Not sure why I keep them.

Thinking this is the year to toss them.

I've got every rally towel ever given away by the Canes. 

I remember when some guy on here got pissed that I threw one in the penalty box.  Said I shouldn't throw things. I told him it wasn't like I was throwing bricks at the guy, it was a stupid towel.  It was Ty Domi in the box.  He picked it up, wiped his face with it and threw it back over the glass to me.

Ha ha.  Still have that one.

Those were good times.....

Edited by coastal_caniac

I have all those towels from the Cup year. 

Not sure why I keep them.

Thinking this is the year to toss them.

One of my favorite sightings during the Stanley Cup run was a fan who had gotten a bunch of those towels and sewed them together to make his own Mike Commodore-like robe from them. That has to be the coolest fan creation I ever saw from a give-away!

One of my favorite sightings during the Stanley Cup run was a fan who had gotten a bunch of those towels and sewed them together to make his own Mike Commodore-like robe from them. That has to be the coolest fan creation I ever saw from a give-away!

Hmmmm. Maybe I don't toss them  :letssee:

They need to save the $$ they spent on the towels and hats to keep paying Ruu and Jussi to score on us some more ;)

Edited by AWACSooner

They are having hats, but the style will be different this year than in years past.  The hat will not fit on the top of the head, yet come down and rest on the shoulder area.........with eyeholes in it so that nobody can recognize who is wearing it!  :sarcasmalert: