The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
weehawk

Who's Renewing Thier Full Season Tickets

Are you renewing your full season tickets next year  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Do you plan to renew your full season tickets next year?

• Yes, I'm in
    • No, I'm out
    • I'm trying to find someone to split the season with
    • I'm downgrading to a mini-pack
    • Undecided-waiting for fat lady

Are the Canes offering any incentives for renewing at this fairly rediculously early moment in time?

If you renew by Friday, you get invited to a BBQ at a TBD date with TBD players and personnel.

If you renew by March 31, you get a food kick-back incentive.

Personally, I may miss them all and let them sweat.  I'm going to downsize so the 5% kickback is pretty trivial anyway.  I need to send a message to this organization.  They can call me and grovel for all I'm concerned.  And these "dates TBD" always end up on some day I cannot make anyway, so I care less about this Friday's deadline.

Like someone else said, pray for the ticket reps.  They are going to have a tough year.

guess the respond by Friday deadline  to get a BBQed Stormy lunch with some Canes' players is a test to gauge how POed is Caniac Nation?  I am sort of POed they are forcing my decision before the end of this miserable season and the fates of JR and Kirk are known.  I would be more inclined to renew if PK would give both their walking papers and their replacements are TBD

The BBQ event is the same as they did last season.  By the time they got the short season going, there was virtually no lead time between date announcement and when it was held that I couldn't bend my schedule to go.  I expect something similar this season, so it's not much of an incentive.

Distance makes me a 12 gamer.  Like some of the others, I'll renew - not sure if it's love of hockey or what.  Perhaps I'm a glutton for frustration.

for me. "incentives" such as the season-ticket holder party, closed practice, and the skate-with-Canes (which you have to pay extra to attend) do not provide that much incentive to put over two grand on my AE card even though I get a 3% rebate to reduce costs somewhat

The so called food and beverage credit is a scam and we all know it.  I would obviously like the same $ in a discount instead of forced overpriced concession sales, and these attempts to market them like a benefit are insulting to anyone's intelligence.

All that being said, 10% is 10% so it is an effective way to force the issue, even with the irritation it brings.  Just realize Canes mgmt, that you are fooling no-one and this gets tacked up in the negative column.

The so called food and beverage credit is a scam and we all know it.  I would obviously like the same $ in a discount instead of forced overpriced concession sales, and these attempts to market them like a benefit are insulting to anyone's intelligence.

All that being said, 10% is 10% so it is an effective way to force the issue, even with the irritation it brings.  Just realize Canes mgmt, that you are fooling no-one and this gets tacked up in the negative column.

Raise food/beverarge prices 15% and thump the chest about a 10% discount of season ticket total.  Increased prices in this area is another reason I may not re-up for next year.    $4.50 for a glass of lrmon-aide is a joke as $4 for a bottle of Coke.  Spent $1,50 for one yesterday at Staples.

What to say? I've read and reread every single post before this, and those like Hags are really epic! For me there is no debate, I resigned last night despite all the frustrations of this and the preceeding years since 09, I'll continue despite the roughly 6500 miles we put on the vehicle each season and the insult I experience with games from teams whose fans outnumber ours. Oh, and then there is the ever present Slugs scurvy which thankfully has been reduced by realignment and truthfully does not involve all of their fans, but just an obnoxious few! Why, because I'm addicted to that odor of cinnamon buns when the doors open, and the excitement that fills the air, or the chill of the arena! Or maybe it's the closeness of the relationships we've developed with our seatmates, whom I really miss during the off seasons! Then again, maybe it's because this activity is one of the few distractions that i can use to  detach from my often depressing job.Finally, as a lifelong sports junkie, I long ago learned that there is no TV screen large enough to substitute for the experience in the arena!!

Oh, what the heck, I'm addicted and as much as i bemoan the fact, I need this game.              

I think you all are answering you're own questions about why there is little to no perks, because a good few of you are going to buy the tickets no matter what PK does or how the team does.

I think you all are answering you're own questions about why there is little to no perks, because a good few of you are going to buy the tickets no matter what PK does or how the team does.

No perks, legend? If you mean the chinzy things like $ hot dog nights, those stupid looking hats, etc, I hope those are not the deciding factors for renewal. I think I outlined, if only briefly, what the perks are for me. Truly the only "perk" for me is a well played game. Too often this year, I've walked out of PNC Arena feeling that not to be the case.

Perks are whatever you want to call them and you just said you're not getting them despite renewing. So, I stand by what I said.

Wife got me a 12 game plan a few years back, went something like 3-10 over the year with our voucher we saw an extra game. Actually had my wife apologize to me at the end of the year "sorry for the ***ty gift". Ouch?

I'm a Canes fan maybe not as fanatical as some but I can watch this team be mediocre from home until PK wants to get it together.

As much as I “love” going to Canes games in particular and the sport of hockey in general, I have to approach renewing for next year on a cost benefit basis.  This year my genetic disorder has thrown me for a loop in that there are days I find it difficult to have the energy to make it through the day.  Not a complaint just a fact of life.

If a Canes’ game should fall on one of those days, I basically lose the ticket since it makes no sense to exchange that ticket for another one that is already in my plan.  I have problems with the new partial season plans in that the pricing is not as good as the current stretch drive plans

Bottom line:  the plans do not offer me a seat at a price I am willing to pay.  I would just as soon get one of StubHub the day of the game or go over to the resale area in front of Carter-Finnely. Prices on StubHub usually drop hours before the game.

It is just me, myself, and I going to the games so there is no social aspect to the games. I get that aspect from my church.  Will always be a Canes fan.  Just no longer a season ticket holder.

We are renewing our tickets again. I find missing playoffs very frustrating, like

everyone else.

I think we have a skilled core who is capable---and we have

"just missed " playoffs a number of times. I would rather "just miss", because the

skill is there and the race to the finish, itself, can itself be exciting,( as opposed to being

perennial  bottom feeders). We also knew the realignment was skewed favoring the West

and would be more difficult.

But I also go to games to enjoy time with my family, to see my Caniac friends, to

relax in the fun atmosphere and because I LOVE HOCKEY, and love having it in

my backyard. So I will keep my tickets as long as I can afford to do so, playoffs or

not. Playoffs are exciting--but also a big added expense, after all !! ( I doubt I could

afford my tickets if the team also made the playoffs yearly, to be honest.)

The fact that Raleigh even has an NHL team is itself pretty amazing. I can run down the litany of reasons why these last few seasons have been bad and why those that are bailing out are justified. However, from a regular season home game perspective this was one of the best seasons out of the last three.

The team stayed in the hunt right up to the Olympic break. The break probably helped kill our season for numerous reasons. We're re-upping our seats. Since we're in the Fan Zone, I've never had a problem selling my tickets for at least what I paid for them. It's fun, gets me out of the house in the middle of winter and I love the game. I want playoff hockey as bad as anyone. However, I do have concerns about the long-term viability of the team. Small market teams have to rely on fan support regardless of whether or not the team is a winner. I'm PO'd too about all of the price increases. I'm hoping that the team is settled financially for a few years and that we really dont lose 20-30% of the season ticket base that I'm seeing a few non-scientific polls.

Yes, the Marketing dept has to come up with new incentives too. This team needs a big top-to-bottom overhaul of it's promotions and they should be mainly focused on taking care of full and half STs.

We are renewing our tickets again. I find missing playoffs very frustrating, like
everyone else.

I think we have a skilled core who is capable---and we have
"just missed " playoffs a number of times. I would rather "just miss", because the
skill is there and the race to the finish, itself, can itself be exciting,( as opposed to being

perennial  bottom feeders). We also knew the realignment was skewed favoring the West

and would be more difficult.

But I also go to games to enjoy time with my family, to see my Caniac friends, to
relax in the fun atmosphere and because I LOVE HOCKEY, and love having it in

my backyard. So I will keep my tickets as long as I can afford to do so, playoffs or

not. Playoffs are exciting--but also a big added expense, after all !! ( I doubt I could

afford my tickets if the team also made the playoffs yearly, to be honest.)

I'm not going to say I'm a sucker for the incentives, but the food and beverage credit was nice.

Here's my question. Did anyone here go to the STH/Players picnic last year? What was it like?

I am imagining sitting there with E. Staal and asking Skinner to pass the salt. Yet the STH "party" or whatever it is, while fun, was still a mass exercise. Was that picnic like that? Was there time to actually talk to any players?

Please respond before Friday.  :thumbsup2:

At the end of the day, although Legend correctly pointed us out as enablers, the answer to "What is a man to do" ended up being "renew".

I just love the game too much, even with everything I complain about it.

PK, this is a year to year decision, not some 10 yr 60mil JStaal contract.

Fix the problems!  Even with die hards like me, you are going to feel some real pain from your business office this year.  I know lots who are NOT renewing.

Been interesting reading each person;s reaction to the Canes offer to renew season tickets.  Some renew due to the social aspect of the game.  Some renew due to the love of the game. Some decline due to the managemnt of the team. 

My reason is more bottom line:  not buying the overall product at its asking price.  It is too bad we do not have a bartering system.  If so, I could buy into a season ticket package if I could get a price that fit my pocket book.

Just to clarify. I will probably renew, but not due to the perks alone. Still renewing early is due to perks and the longer I wait the more possibilities that I don't renew. 

I am kind of amazed at myself to be honest. One would have thought that this year would knock me out. 

Like others, I just love the game too much. Really think that PK tried over the last two years to put a product out there that had a shot. I still think they did. But it didn't work. 

And still see potential for a quick turnaround. 

And I'm a sucker.

Just to clarify. I will probably renew, but not due to the perks alone. Still renewing early is due to perks and the longer I wait the more possibilities that I don't renew. 

I am kind of amazed at myself to be honest. One would have thought that this year would knock me out. 

Like others, I just love the game too much. Really think that PK tried over the last two years to put a product out there that had a shot. I still think they did. But it didn't work. 

And still see potential for a quick turnaround. 

And I'm a sucker.

Glad you are still in, the Canes need fans such as you.  Got my invoice from Canes marketing today asking for a $673.80 payment by 3/31/14 so I can get a $224.60 food/beverage credit on NEXT year's tickets.  The gate price on my seat this year is $85 and next year is going to $140!!!!!!  I can see this type of increase if we had won this Cup.  But this type of increase on a team that has a 95% chance of missing the playoffs is insane.

I am voting with my feet. 

In the unexpected scenario the Hurricanes can put a decent product on the ice next year I will pick up singles here and there.  Otherwise I've got free parking at home and food I have already paid for. 

I was disappointed when premier parking was only available to be purchased by full season ticket holders rather than 1/2 season ticket holders  as I often can only get to the game just at puck drop.  Parking a long way off means I get to my seat now half way into the first period often.   Ironic the removal of this extra fee several years ago coupled with a team that is now expected to miss the playoffs annually has prompted me to drop my tickets I have had for years.

I think Kirk is a nice guy and probably a average coach.  I think JR was a suave GM that brought Brindy and Justin Williams etc... to the Canes years ago.  I feel indebted to players like Ron Francis, Wesley, Jeff Daniels, Brindy and others that are now working for Carolina. 

Sadly, I feel our scouting has dropped off the map as evidenced by our trade targets.  We hire Paul Maurice and bring in Toronto system players, we hire Kirk and we bring in players from his former systems\teams.  Wheres our scout picking up players floundering on other teams 3rd lines? 

We put Jeff Daniels in charge of our most coveted farm team, why don't we have a nearly ready NHL caliber coach there who has proven he can develop talent?  We show annually, we aren't developing players there. 

We bring back Tom Barrasso (who I have deep respect for as a player) and Cam Ward becomes a better puck handler, but now has trouble stopping a beach ball. 

We have now a history of a poor power play and we continue to bring in players that cant pass.  A good power play is not 1 guy that passes well and 3 that don't.  Instead its at least 2 - 3 that make you pay for double teaming them by passing well.  I honestly have to say we only have one player on the team I can put in that category (Semin) (maybe a second with Lindholm) . 

When you had Matt Cullen \ Brindy \ J Willie \ Hedican on the ice other teams got burned by sharp passing to the open man.  Keep in mind I don't mean puck movement, I mean passing to the open player in scoring position.

We have a player in Eric Staal that's only finished + three times in ten years yet he wears the "C" that was so unceremoniously removed from Rod during a season he couldn't close his hand on the stick.   What gives with that?

When the organization realizes its not really close at all, and makes some major changes throughout the system I think change will be possible.  Until then its merely reload not rebuild.

I'll put my ticket money next year into a new TV, a center ice package and the ability to watch teams held accountable for being competitive nightly.

It seems as if ALL NHL teams are pushing next year's season tickets regardless of the team's position in the playoff chase.  I cannot understand this marketing move. For me, I cannot wait for this season to end.

Having been full season ticket holders for "only" 3 seasons, we're not renewing. Prior to that, we've had mini-plans or I'd organized group outtings where I worked, or we'd just go to a game now and again.  We were there for every playoff game leading to the cup win in 2006 and it was the most incredible experience.

My wife, who was the one that got me hooked on hockey, and is a rabid fan, is even tired of trekking to game after game and not seeing the level of play needed to win in the NHL.  

We'll sit out til the Canes make the playoffs again and then reconsider.  We'll get our fill of hockey by watching the Canes on TV along with Center Ice.

Iggy

Edited by iguanadon

I do hope very small sample of this poll is not a true indication of what season ticket sales (and gate sales)  will be for nexr season.  My decision is based on my health issues and my limited income.  Do not know what I would do if I had my health and was not on disability as I truly love the sport abd going to the games.

What the heck???... 3rd period of game and forslund does an ad saying the 2014-2015 season ticket prices have remained the same or gone down and to renew by march 31st!!.. The is very wrong, ou section went up 20% in price and have not heard of anyone having a decrease in ticket prices for their STH.. what is this latest game of canes mana :dizzy: gement??