The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
weehawk

Who's Renewing Thier Full Season Tickets

Are you renewing your full season tickets next year  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Do you plan to renew your full season tickets next year?

• Yes, I'm in
    • No, I'm out
    • I'm trying to find someone to split the season with
    • I'm downgrading to a mini-pack
    • Undecided-waiting for fat lady

What the heck???... 3rd period of game and forslund does an ad saying the 2014-2015 season ticket prices have remained the same or gone down and to renew by march 31st!!.. The is very wrong, ou section went up 20% in price and have not heard of anyone having a decrease in ticket prices for their STH.. what is this latest game of canes mana :dizzy: gement??

about went out of my chair when I heard him read this promotional.  he probably has no clue of what prices are for next year,  he just reading what the Canes' fromy office gave him.  don't know what this says about the Canes' front office

If anyone is interested in splitting a season or buying 10 games or so I am looking for someone to share tickets with.  My seats are section 305 Row A - the folding chairs along the glass on the 3rd level.  Great seats and I don't want to give them up, but really can't do full season.  Have one person who is buying 10-15 games and I am looking for either two more people to do the same or someone who might want @ 20 games. 

Please PM me if interested.

ou section went up 20% in price

What section is that?  Did it change from one class of seat to another?  I've been trying to track ticket prices for a while, and it appears that 20 of the 24 ticket categories will increase for STH from between 5.25% to 8.33%.  If I messed up, I want to correct it.  

The Gate price increases are astounding.. I can't see any reason to expect a walk-up attendance to a Canes game, outside of the military/student tickets.

Price+Comparison.jpg

For fun.. here were the prices in 1998-99...

1998-1999.jpg

And in 1999-2000, when the webmaster was blind.

1999-2000.jpg

the season ticket price for my seat in the top row of 130 has increase only by the sales tax increase.  my problem is there are times when I lack the energy to make it to the game.   perfectly willing to transition to a 26-game plan but not at the prices being asked.  also, I am dealing with macular degeneration so not wiling to sit in the upper deck.

What section is that?  Did it change from one class of seat to another?  I've been trying to track ticket prices for a while, and it appears that 20 of the 24 ticket categories will increase for STH from between 5.25% to 8.33%.  If I messed up, I want to correct it.  

Strong work!..

we are in the fan zone..we had some discount from 2 years ago that ran out.. so the increase to $13 is 20% for us.. not the normal 8%

It just galled me they actually had forslund on air trying to claim they are lowering seat prices to make them look good, when in realiy the opposite is happening..as your numbers show. I'm really shocked at the gate price increases!! 40-50% after no playoffs for 4 years?? WTH?...while do not want to start rumors, only a team looking to move and use "low attendance" as a reason- IMO would raise prices that much after so many non-winning seasons. no other logical reason

Canes' marketing has been clueless for years. During the Cup run in 2006, they substantial price increases for the playoffs - in compassion to regular season prices - and demanded immediate payment.  The prices were NOT that much in regards to league wide prices - but still many people did not buy the tickets resulting in “the invasion of the Buffa-slugs.”

The price increases would be what I expect after winning the Slanley Cup.  Not with a team a few losses away from playoff elimination.

Canes' marketing has been clueless for years. During the Cup run in 2006, they substantial price increases for the playoffs - in compassion to regular season prices - and demanded immediate payment.  The prices were NOT that much in regards to league wide prices - but still many people did not buy the tickets resulting in “the invasion of the Buffa-slugs.”

The price increases would be what I expect after winning the Slanley Cup.  Not with a team a few losses away from playoff elimination.

Yeah,  remember the "sticker shock" when got that huge increase..IIRC the canes claimed the pricing for Conference/Cup finals was league mandated as to why so much.. who knows how true?..IMO nothing is better than playoff hockey so don't mind paying the increase.. can stomache that much easier than the crap been paying for the last 4 years :)

Just wish the canes were more upfront and not treat us as Dupes, who cant think and realize they are raising, not lowering prices once again...We have an article the other day about Muller telling team, "the fans deserve better performances".. IMO we also need that "riot act" yelled to JR and the marketing "geniuses" of the Canes... but that will never happen

I've had 26 or 12 game season tix for 10 years now.  When I had 26 game pack I did it for 2 seats.  With 12 game pack I have 4 tix.  I will re-up for 12 game pack again.  Got a great view sitting in 123 down low. I just go to stub hub to supplement and end going to about 25-30 home games; way cheaper than a 26 game pack where you always get jammed having to watch a few dogs come to town although I guess thats said about us at other rinks. 

Full STH is good if $ are not an issue AND you have primo seats.  But whats with Sect 117?  Its always full of opposing fans.  No way I would be buying full season tix in that section; you'd be eating shyza all season long...

The one thing to keep in mind is if you are a full blown fan, Canes tix are a great deal no matter what pack you buy.  Try getting what we get by way of seat deals in the northern US States or Canada.  I tell my pals in Canada about the cost down here and they think I am bs'ing them.

Full STH is good if $ are not an issue AND you have primo seats.  But whats with Sect 117?  Its always full of opposing fans.  No way I would be buying full season tix in that section; you'd be eating shyza all season long...

The one thing to keep in mind is if you are a full blown fan, Canes tix are a great deal no matter what pack you buy.  Try getting what we get by way of seat deals in the northern US States or Canada.  I tell my pals in Canada about the cost down here and they think I am bs'ing them.

117 gets dumped on by opposing fans because it is "away team shoots twice" side.  Fanzone has some of the same issues with resale since it is the good side for opposing fans.

This is one reason I'm switching to the other side.  I'm going to get out of fanzone, drop to 12, and go to the other side.  It won't be cheaper, but I won't be swarmed with ***holes every game.

As for "good deal", you are right.  However, professional sports in general are really starting to get on my nerves with their prices.  There was some cultural shift that occurred when the boomer generation started making money.  Boomer's parents -- products of the depression -- wouldn't pay.  Boomers were willing to spend that cash.  We see the result.  It will be interesting to see if the next generation will continue to support it this way.

Full STH since Canes moved from Gboro to Raleigh.  Center Ice Premier Seats.  Winning the Stanley Cup was wonderful.  Since then, it's all been downhill. Every year I say "let's give it one more year", and every year we have a loser team.  I am really torn about renewing.  I could step down to a partial plan but then I have to give up my great seats, so I don't know. I keep hoping that the next season will be "the one."

I don't understand why people are bashing Muller for our dismal PP. It's BEEN dismal for YEARS ... under Lavi, Maurice and now Muller.  In fact, the TEAM has been pretty lousy under all three coaches. So how can you blame one coach for the lousy performance of the product we put on the ice?!!!  

Undeniably, we have talent on this team.  But that talent is not on display every night, every game.  Heck, it's on display so sporadically the fans have no expectation of winning when we enter the arena.

This team is NOT physical.  It loses scrums along the boards.  It's not big.  It's supposed to be fast but Edmonton was a lot faster.  So WHAT is the problem?!! I have no idea.  But this team's continued bottom feeder appearance is draining all the joy out of hockey.

At least when Lavi was coach we consistently almost made the playoffs big change to now where we don't even have a reason to get exicted about the playoff race.

Hell the team was 12-11 when he got fired. It's took Mo way worse then that to get fired both times and apparently Muller.

Edited by legend-1

The Canes have always had a stretch-run packages so I will buy one of those should the team look good next reason and have a realistic chance of a deep playoff run.   Will buy tickets to select games on Stub-Hub  (Habs and Leafs) if the money is right

Edited by colliefan

It was a huge mistake for PK to allow JR to buy into ownership.  As president and GM he is ultimately accountable for the product on the ice and behind the bench.  Will PK fire his part owner GM?  This is where change needs to start to incent fans to buy season tix.  Three coaches with three different styles with same results.  Doesn't sound like coaching is necessarily the issue it sounds like the guy at the top JR has lost his way and can no longer see the forest for trees.  As GM he is far more a loser than winner.  Give him his walking papers.  That alone would probably drive 500 - 1000 season ticket holder signups from mini to full plans.

Lavi was here three complete seasons, and parts of two seasons. The Canes made the playoffs once while he was here.

At least when Lavi was coach we consistently almost made the playoffs big change to now where we don't even have a reason to get exicted about the playoff race.

Hell the team was 12-11 when he got fired. It's took Mo way worse then that to get fired both times and apparently Muller.

Did you read my post? I think you missed a key word in it.

Lavi was here three complete seasons, and parts of two seasons. The Canes made the playoffs once while he was here.

Edited by legend-1

I did read your post, and I read the word "almost". I'm not trying to give you a hard time, but I wasn't sure if this meant you really like Lavi, or that JR shouldn't keep Muller because he will miss the playoffs by a larger margin?

Did you read my post? I think you missed a key word in it.

I did indeed like Lavi and his up tempo in your face game he plays that other team use against us. But when you run an up tempo style it wears on the players and after 3 years their sick and tired of it. Hence why it worked for a bit in Philly and fell apart on him, worked for the Isles to he really polished that turd as well.

I am of the belief Muller is a lot better of a coach then he's shown here but JR is up his *edit*. Due to that whether JR stays or goes Muller has to go with him. If JR leaves why should Muller go if I believe he's a decent coach deep down? Well because the players don't believe in him at this point and that damage is unfortunately already done.

I kind of wonder though how much of this team's woes lie in the power play which is Macleans job and if that power play was even 15th in the league just how different would this season be? Is Muller the fall guy for Macleans ineptitude? Maclean is Muller's guy he hand picked as well so I'd say yes.

Just one thought on the PP. Muller said at one point in a post game where the PP went like 0 for 50, something to the effect of:

"Everyone runs the same plays. It's not like there's some kind of secret. I thought we had the guys to do it. But maybe not".

Then later he called out the team on not playing aggressively enough on the PP, but sitting back more.

We've had 3 coaches, and several assistants. You gotta figure we've had anyone who's played or coached analyze and suggest things. Probably even brought consultants in. I mean it's pretty clear to anyone with rudimentary math skills (mine exactly) that a decent PP would have changed everything even in this dismal season. They can't be so inept that they haven't addressed it a million times.

And yet....

I'm really thinking it's the specific players. By deduction I think E. is a big part of it. Sure he has a lot of PP goals, but that's just him. He is not a super quick, high tempo, quick handed passer. He is not a super smooth leaner skater like Sekera or Semin. He doesn't get in front of the net. He holds the puck. But who was going to tell him to get off the PP? Even off of a terrible PP will drop his point total. 

The recent move to consolidate the Staals and put out a different first unit was the first time I've seen a move in that direction.

But it kind of fits into my point in the should they trade E. 

E. is a guy you want on your team. He is a very good power center. But you don't want him on your first PP, and you don't want him to be in charge. But once you've done that, how do you unring that bell? 

Some good points by remkin...Eric is too introverted to be a Captain.  I doubt most of the guys even relate to him.  If you're going to lead by example than you better be willing to get a bloody nose for the team every now and then.  Like at Toews in Chicago or Backes in St.  Louis.  Not the biggest guys but definately big hearts.  Will fight for their teammates, fight for themselves and muck it up with the best of them.  Just like Iginla did when he was captain of the Flames.  Eric couldn't carry their jock straps if his life depended on it.  All he does is yap at the refs while taking needless penalties and has a permanent slump in his shoulders.

This is not a league built just on speed.  Its a league built on size and speed with a combination of alley toughness and playmaking finesse ('Hawks, Blues, Bruins, Kings etc).  We need to build our team this way starting with a tough captain that players want to follow.

Edited by caniac1234

Some good points by remkin...Eric is too introverted to be a Captain.  I doubt most of the guys even relate to him.  If you're going to lead by example than you better be willing to get a bloody nose for the team every now and then.  Like at Toews in Chicago or Backes in St.  Louis.  Not the biggest guys but definately big hearts.  Will fight for their teammates, fight for themselves and muck it up with the best of them.  Just like Iginla did when he was captain of the Flames.  Eric couldn't carry their jock straps if his life depended on it.  All he does is yap at the refs while taking needless penalties and has a permanent slump in his shoulders.

just wondering?   why not let the players pick their captain and alternates each season.

just wondering?   why not let the players pick their captain and alternates each season.

If they had a completely iron tight anonmous vote, it would be very interesting to see who would win.

If they had a completely iron tight anonmous vote, it would be very interesting to see who would win.

and why does this not happen?  did the players have a say on Jordon being giving the "A"

and why does this not happen?  did the players have a say on Jordon being giving the "A"

I'm pretty sure some teams have let the players vote, but the majority don't. I guess they see the Captains as kind of an extension of the coaching staff so the coaches decide.

Clearly the players had no say in Jordan's A.

On Lavi, I was just thinking about him as I heard some guys on XM talking about how legit Philly is and how they've been turned around. Lavi seems to be one of those guys who works for a a ocuple of years, then professional athletes get sick of him and tune him out. No way do we bring him back.

Edited by remkin

I am not a season ticket holder! If I could afford the price though, I would be one.

Bad hockey is better than no hockey!!