The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
weehawk

Who's Renewing Thier Full Season Tickets

Are you renewing your full season tickets next year  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Do you plan to renew your full season tickets next year?

• Yes, I'm in
    • No, I'm out
    • I'm trying to find someone to split the season with
    • I'm downgrading to a mini-pack
    • Undecided-waiting for fat lady

I am not a season ticket holder! If I could afford the price though, I would be one.

Bad hockey is better than no hockey!!

Many of us sacrifice to "afford" the price. 

When the hockey is bad, it really, really hurts and makes you wonder why you put out that coin and sacrificed for it.  It can make the next game on the docket quite unexciting to look forward to.

If you ever do lay out the cash, update us on your opinion during a bad season.

I'm sick of trying to convince myself this team can make the playoffs every year. Management, Ownership, Coaching, and the athletes themselves, there is some sort of problem on every level. I feel a franchise shift coming, and I truly fear if it does not. I don't want to lose this team, I admit that. But there is no way I'm blindly throwing my money at a hockey team that seems to always want more of your money each year, yet never gets the results they claim they will. After the past two years of JR getting all hot and bothered about our team and claiming we're a playoff team, Kirk constantly asking his team to keep playing the same way even though the way we play never results in enough wins, a captain who doesn't open his mouth or pour his heart out on the ice.

I don't really care what happens as far as organizational shifts go with this franchise (besides relocation obviously) because we desperately need something to convince people this is over, it's not going to go on anymore. We need fresh eyes and a new mind to make the decision on do we rebuild now or do we try at least one more year to actually win. That decision in my opinion should not be JR's. Where is this current regime going? Downhill fast.

Edited by SuckaPunchd

The last few years as a Full season STH I was upset if I missed a game and only missed two games in two seasons. This season and especially the last few weeks I'm eating alot of tickets or giving them away. Just don't want to make the effort to go on a weeknight with work the next day. I still do watch the games sitting on my couch and will always support the team. But I find it worrying that it doesn't really matter if I'm at the game or watching it on TV. For that reason I am out next season. There really is no benefit so to speak for renewing. If it comes down to getting "playoff" tickets next year I'll just sign up for some sort of plan that they will inevitably offer. 

Now to decide what new toy I want with my 2014-2015 ticket money

:cheers:  :cheers: 

The last few years as a Full season STH I was upset if I missed a game and only missed two games in two seasons. This season and especially the last few weeks I'm eating alot of tickets or giving them away. Just don't want to make the effort to go on a weeknight with work the next day. I still do watch the games sitting on my couch and will always support the team. But I find it worrying that it doesn't really matter if I'm at the game or watching it on TV. For that reason I am out next season. There really is no benefit so to speak for renewing. If it comes down to getting "playoff" tickets next year I'll just sign up for some sort of plan that they will inevitably offer. 

Well said!!!

This seems to be the common theme I'm hearing everywhere.  Its a very concerning message and I hope its being heard loud and clear and taken very seriously. 

This seems to be the common theme I'm hearing everywhere.  Its a very concerning message and I hope its being heard loud and clear and taken very seriously. 

My ticket rep heard it loud and clear.  Although he didn't divulge the situation, let's just say he wasn't all cocky and "take it or leave it" like a certain representative was to me in 2007.  They will accommodate you if you work with them.  A clear sign things are difficult.

Edited by wxray1

My ticket rep heard it loud and clear.  Although he didn't divulge the situation, let's just say he wasn't all cocky and "take it or leave it" like a certain representative was to me in 2007.  They will accommodate you if you work with them.  A clear sign things are difficult.

I do hope this is true.  I am perfectly willing to buy a 26 game season ticket to my seat in the tiop eight rows of the lower bowl if I can buy them at the full season price.  It is just that I am unwilling to pay the mark-up they charge for moving down in number of games bought.  It goes from $52 to $79 a seat: a 50% mark-up

I do hope this is true.  I am perfectly willing to buy a 26 game season ticket to my seat in the tiop eight rows of the lower bowl if I can buy them at the full season price.  It is just that I am unwilling to pay the mark-up they charge for moving down in number of games bought.  It goes from $52 to $79 a seat: a 50% mark-up

Hey, I'm not saying they will deal like that with you.  I'm just saying they'll listen to you and work on potential other sectional moves.

In '07, after they did some weird blocking out in our section, all I got was "take it or leave it".  No listening at all.  Just a real rub-back.

All that I know is that I am physically unable to make all 41 home games.  With my genetic disorder and post-polio syndrome there are days when I do not have the energy to do anything more than get out of bed.  Not a complaint, just a fact of life    If the Canes cannot work with my situation, there is no big deal.  I will just order Center Ice and buy tickets to a few select games in Stub-hub

Just renewed up in 320. Ultimately, it came down to thinking about not going to games next year and it depressed me. Losing depresses me, but not near as much as the thought of not having a hockey team here in Raleigh.

I may be part of the problem, but I'm not willing to boycot a season or more and risk long term consequences of low attendance.

Bottom line: I love hockey. I love these Canes. I'm frustrated, but being the glutton for punishment that I am, I'll be in my seats on opening night.

just wondering if the press for corporate purchase for STH is due to individual purchases has declined

Edited by colliefan

just wondering if the press for corporate purchase for STH is due to individual purchases has declined

The entire reason PK did that interview was because he acknowledged that season ticket renewals were becoming a major concern.  Now, he didn't particularly HELP the situation, but it does give a glimpse behind the curtain.  This thread is a symptom, not a cause, of the problem.

I am in. Not because I want to see the canes. I want to see hockey. Sure would be nice it the canes win but if you want to see nhl hockey live you have to put up with mediocre hockey.

I renewed.  As much as for the tailgates as for bad hockey.  As long as they give us AHL quality hockey, I'll be wearing my Checkers jersey, though. 

All I know is, this topic is abbreviated as "Who's Renewing their Fu..." when it shows up in this link:

http://fans.hurricanes.nhl.com/community/forum/7-all-hockey-all-the-time/

and I read it as an entirely different topic, which amused me greatly.

I renewed because I ran out of Fs to give this season. ;)

My family decided to renew our full season after hours of arguing.  We were heavily looking at the options for a 26 game pack before we saw they raised the rate so high it made no sence to drop down.  We are probably going to move away from our high priced 102 seats.  We sold almost half the games this year and plan to sell off a bunch next year if it goes the same.  We only went to the last game of the year to get the hat and use the last bit of food credit, it was sad that I was more excited about a hat and bbq than the hockey. Not sure If I can take another year of poor play.  Good thing we can get top dollar from pens fans when they come to town, though I am tired of seeing out place have more opposing fans... 

I downgraded.  I was a full STH since 1999, but I felt if the Canes werren't giving full effort, I would scale back until they turn the corner.

If they don't make the playoffs this season, I'm out.

Edited by go_canes_go

Keeping my full season. Love going to games but I don't enjoy watching lack or effort and heart every night.  I will be going and cheering when we are playing well and boo birds will be out when we look like we don't want to be there.