The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
hag65

Not all in the Hockey World sucks for me

Hey, I need a place to shout from the mountaintops for all the world to hear...

That Golden Knight avatar of mine stands for the Clarkson University Golden Knights. (Alma Mater of the great Erik Cole, and myself)

My Golden Knights took down their first National Championship this weekend as the Clarkson women took down 2 time defending champion Minnesota, who had literally lost 1 game in their last 88 games.  Not bad for a small private school 50 miles from Canada in the middle of nowhere.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/clarkson-stuns-minnesota-for-ncaa-title--has-most-underdog-swagger-ever-143820186.html

"Clarkson has most underdog swagger ever"

In a year where hockey here has been mired in disappointment, this was a great turn for me.

And if you do click on that link... THAT is how you score on a breakaway on your backhand...  I wish we (the canes) had a player who could do that!  That's a college girl folks...

Ok... shouting off...

Edited by hag65

Congrats to your alma mater, I enjoy college hockey and look forward to the BeanPot Tournament every year.