The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
MattDoc

Moving to Australia!!

Oh no...who's gonna be our board photographer?

Seriously, best of luck and Im sooooo jealous! Good luck and keep us posted.

Oh no...who's gonna be our board photographer?

Seriously, best of luck and Im sooooo jealous! Good luck and keep us posted.

Wow, that's pretty amazing...hope you have a great time in Australia! But one question - why are you moving?

Heh...guess I didn't mention why, did I? It's a jobby-job thing. My company is opening a new office there and I'm relocating to help get it started.

I'll miss seeing your photos MD. Take care and make sure you stay around here. You're an awesome member and I for one am proud to have you here. Have a safe move.

Marcus

Ack! Now I'm really kicking myself in the butt for my lousy memory -- I kept forgetting to send you the $$ for that picture of the pucks lined up at a pre-season practice. And now if everything's packed up, it's too late! :(

Don't know you 'Mattdoc" since I am new to the board, but I clicked on your pics links and wow they are awsome, now I'm going to miss you too. By the way I heard the toliets flush in the opposite direction down under-cool. lol :lol: As you can see it does not take much to thrill me. :rolleyes: Have a wonderful safe journey down under.

Don't know you 'Mattdoc" since I am new to the board, but I clicked on your pics links and wow they are awsome, now I'm going to miss you too. By the way I heard the toliets flush in the opposite direction down under-cool. lol :lol: As you can see it does not take much to thrill me. :rolleyes: Have a wonderful safe journey down under.

Thanks for the kind words (to everyone, actually). And top on my list of things to do when I get down there is to check the toilet flush direction and report back. Of course, I must first make a note of which way it goes here. :)

Don't worry, my wife's friend's sister's hairdresser just told me that the Preds are relocating to Melbourne. You can root for the 'Canes when they come for a road game!

All the best.

Oh my goodness I am SOOOO jealous! Always wanted to go to the land down under!!!!

That would be the hardest thing for me too...leaving the Canes. UGH! But you'll be back!

Good Luck! Know you'll probably be working your butt off, but make sure you go see EVERYTHING about Australia!!

Keep us posted on your big move and what's it's really like there! We will all be looking foward to it!

Hey everyone. Sorry I've been so quite on the boards here in the off season. Work has kept me quite busy. Part of that craziness has been preparing for my wife and I to move to Melbourne, Australia.

Yep, you heard me right...moving down under.

Right now, we're about 3-4 weeks away from the big move. The house is sold, the stuff is packed away, the plane tickets are (almost) booked.

So, just wanted to let everyone know that you won't be seeing game photos from me for at least a couple of seasons. Oh, I kept my season tickets (and will be selling them off on a game-by-game basis except for when I am home for visits..wasn't about to give up my seats) but otherwise I'll be stuck reading the post game stories and maybe watching the games online with a slingbox.

This has been in the works for about 4-5 months but I didn't want to post anything until things became official and we were close to the move. Well, here we are. The funny thing...of all of the things that we are leaving behind, Hurricanes hockey is the one that is the hardest to give up for a few years.

I'm taking all of my Canes hats and shirts and jerseys and will wear them all with pride in Australia (I'll send photos as I get them).

I guess that's all for now. Don't worry though, once the season starts, I'll be all over the boards. You guys will be my lifeline to the team while I'm 14 time zones away.

Matt,

I will miss your pics as well, but you will have to let me get your tix a couple of times as I had to give up my seats this year due to finances. I will post my pics and you can check mine out as I get the hang of photographing the boys.

Kara

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to let you all know that the Mrs. and I (and the cat, actually) have all arrived safely in Melbourne. We've actually been here a week (the cat gets to spend 90 days in quarantine though) and all is going pretty well so far. It's winter here, but it's the nicest winter I've ever seen. Today was almost 70 degrees and sunny!

I've already been wearing my Canes hats and t shirts with pride. The jersey's arrived safely as well so I'll look to get some photos of us wearing them in cool Aussie locations.

Cheers!

Hey everyone. Sorry I've been so quite on the boards here in the off season. Work has kept me quite busy. Part of that craziness has been preparing for my wife and I to move to Melbourne, Australia.

Yep, you heard me right...moving down under.

Right now, we're about 3-4 weeks away from the big move. The house is sold, the stuff is packed away, the plane tickets are (almost) booked.

So, just wanted to let everyone know that you won't be seeing game photos from me for at least a couple of seasons. Oh, I kept my season tickets (and will be selling them off on a game-by-game basis except for when I am home for visits..wasn't about to give up my seats) but otherwise I'll be stuck reading the post game stories and maybe watching the games online with a slingbox.

This has been in the works for about 4-5 months but I didn't want to post anything until things became official and we were close to the move. Well, here we are. The funny thing...of all of the things that we are leaving behind, Hurricanes hockey is the one that is the hardest to give up for a few years.

I'm taking all of my Canes hats and shirts and jerseys and will wear them all with pride in Australia (I'll send photos as I get them).

I guess that's all for now. Don't worry though, once the season starts, I'll be all over the boards. You guys will be my lifeline to the team while I'm 14 time zones away.

Glad to hear that the 3 of you arrived safely in Melbourne! After reading of your move Down Under, I can no longer legitimately whine pitiously about my move to KCMO thereabouts. Big, total, un-whoop.

And yes, it's amazing how homesick for a team and sport that one can become. I have actually teared up walking down the streets of KC going by Sprint Center and thinking of Carolina hockey.... just thinking of Carolina makes me homesick! I tell people that I feel like a kid at summer camp who keeps one eye on the gate, waiting/wishing for my parents to come and take me HOME. They just don't have those impossibly blue Carolina skies out here...

We'll all be looking foward to seeing your usual stellar pictures posted here, no matter what the subject matter. You have a great eye for great pictures!