The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Danimal38

Positives and bright spots from this season

Skinner-Nash-Lindy.

PP and PK among the best in the league during the last two months.

A coach who is willing to hold players accountable.

The possibility that K and Cam will be be our goaltending duo.

The possibility that K and Peters will be our goaltending duo.

The D is back. We allowed an average of 1/2 fewer goals per game this year versus last year.

The youth we've added in Charlotte in the past few weeks.

The possibility that K and Cam will be be our goaltending duo.

Shelf... this tread is for GOOD news.

Having the Canes be stuck with a $6.5-mill/year cap eating backup goalie named Cam Ward is NOT good news (if you want to see this team win on a consistent basis)..

Some positive notes about the Canes from this year...

1) JR might be gone (finally). 

2) New GM might come from outside the Canes org

3) We now have a clear solid #1 goalie in K-man

4) Skinner continues to improve and looks to be a force moving forward

5) We got great value from Gerbe, K-man and Manny

6) We'll get a decent draft pick

7) While still highly overpaid, Jordan did step up his game some over his first year

8) We were able to get Rutuu's salary off the sheet (for the most part)

9) The base is getting feed up and seems like mgmt really sees that now

10) Loktionov shows promise

11) Peters and Sekera had their best seasons ever

12) The defense improved 

Shelf... this tread is for GOOD news.

Having the Canes be stuck with a $6.5-mill/year cap eating backup goalie named Cam Ward is NOT good news (if you want to see this team win on a consistent basis)..

Greg, Whaler is right. We GET that you don't like Cam. Be that as it may, keeping either him or Peters is a win for the team, and this thread is about bright spots. Cam will return to form, whether here or somewhere else. Why do I get the feeling that when that happens, we'll be spared your presence on these boards?

Not that I'm complaining about it.

I might be alone on this but to me it's definitely a bright spot monitoring a thread where pretty much everyone tried to stay on topic.

And while we all wait for "what comes next"---I re-read everyone's comments.

It is a positive that in light of a season where we are all frustrated, and angry and

down------------and some clinging to the edge of the ledge------

that we can find so many good things to say about individual guys on the team, or

things that happened this season.

This is why we kept our season tickets.

Be more positive.... argh... like your "Choke - Official Soft Drink of the Canes" graphic that now appears on every post you have made.

Haha. I thought the exact same thing when I saw that post. Really Whaler?

The most positive thing I can pick up from this season is that after 5 years this club has finally determined that they really need to shake things up to get back on course.

Now, if they really walk that walk or just putz around as usual has yet to be determined. I'll speculate that there will be a few off season transactions maybe aroun draft time, but I expect we'll see most of the gang including Muller, Ward, and the Staals, starting next season and any necessary changes made around the holidays.

Be more positive.... argh... like your "Choke - Official Soft Drink of the Canes" graphic that now appears on every post you have made. 

My bad. I was not aware that it has become customary, or a requirement, for avatars to reflect the topic of discussion.

However, it has been customary and a requirement to keep responses relevant to the topic discussed, something quite a few of us have gotten away from because we needed to vent during another dismal season. 

But, the season is over and the bottom line is that we need to get back on track and show respect to the thread starter and participating members by keeping discussions coherent and constructive. I am counting on your support.

The bright spot of this season was fans seeing what it is like to have a good goalie and then coming to the realization that Cam Ward is in fact overpaid, overrated, and incompetent.

The bright spot of this season was fans seeing what it is like to have a good goalie and then coming to the realization that Cam Ward is in fact overpaid, overrated, and incompetent.

Mr. Positivity strikes again.  :wacko: