The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
AWACSooner

The 2014 Off-Season Coaching/GM/Player Carousel Thread (non-Carolina version)

Interesting. Hmmmm Boudreau gets fired (successful in Anaheim), Hunter says no to a return(leading the London Knights) and Oates gets fired. Maybe its NOT coaching???? 

McPhee deserved to be fired for being dumb enough to choose his prima donna over his successful coach.  Oates got hosed for not being #8.

Is it change of "scenery" or change of system....

06:16

PIT Jussi Jokinen (3) Backhand shot - ASST: Brandon Sutter (2), Lee Stempniak (1)

2 - 1 PIT

Jussi on a top line where he belongs -playing a system he understands - and he's a star in Pittsburgh - we don't have a player problem- we have a management problem or a coaching problem or both

Interesting. Hmmmm Boudreau gets fired (successful in Anaheim), Hunter says no to a return(leading the London Knights) and Oates gets fired. Maybe its NOT coaching???? 

Maybe it's kinda like here.  The inmates run the asylum.

A little different then our situation, but very close.

They had a coach, Dale Hunter, who had a winning record, went to the playoffs, losing in the 2nd round to the Rangers, leave.

It was reported that he wanted to return to the London Knights and coach there instead of the Capitals.

There were reports of major conflict between him and Ovi because of his defense first style of coaching.

He is very successful in the OHL, leading the Knights to the playoffs 11 consecutive seasons, winning the Memorial Cup in 2005 and the J. Ross Robertson Cup in 2013.

Edited by hopper915

As much as I rag on E for his lack of leadership, I'd rather have him than Ovi any day of the week...even with E's lack of production this year.

So to recap thus far:
Nashville- Trotz done-sky

Craps- Ovi runs another one out...takes GM with him

SwampKats- what's-his-name is gone...rumored to be targeting either Lavi or Trotz

Canucks- finally realized they suck, canned GM...Torts goes buh-bye today (http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/10865839/vancouver-canucks-fire-coach-john-tortorella)

Next up- San Jose...after proving to Boston that their collapse in 2010 wasn't epic enough.

Every GM in the league is well aware of the gorilla in the room. Your coaching decisions have the biggest impact on your longevity as a GM. RF now has to make a decision on a coach who has had a mid-term replacement season, a short season, and finally a full season. Lets just say I don't think I would want that job.

Canucks are going to fire Tortorella!

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/10865839/vancouver-canucks-fire-coach-john-tortorella

So far GM/Coaching Changes:

Gillis  (GM Canucks)- Gone!

Trotz  (Coach Predators)- Did not get new contract, moving into front office position with Predators

McPhee  (GM Capitals)- Gone!

Oates  (Coach Capitals)- Fired

Rutherford  (GM Hurricanes)- Stepping away

Francis  (GM Hurricanes)- Stepping in

Horachek  (Interim Coach Panthers)- Fired

Tortorella  (Coach Canucks)- Fired

Edited by hopper915

Reading the Preds press release it appears they wanted to change their system to a more aggressive, offensive style. I think that was why the coaching change. They got the guy who can do it. Buckle up your seat belts Nashville the Lavi uptempo hockey show is coming to Music City.

Are we talking coaches in 3 different threads? I just checked what I thought was different threads but man they all look the same!

looks as if the HC slots for the Canes. Canucks, Kitty-kats , and Caps are still open. Of the four, the job with the Canes is probably the most desirable and least toxic.

looks as if the HC slots for the Canes. Canucks, Kitty-kats , and Caps are still open. Of the four, the job with the Canes is probably the most desirable and least toxic.

Not sure about "most desirable" collie, but judging by RF's comment about texts and E-mails, there is some interest out there.