The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Greg-N-Ral

Head Coaches: Adam Oates vs Kirk Muller

ADAM OATES
65-48-17 .565 with 1 playoff appearance in 2 years and 1.13 PTS / game

KIRK MULLER
80-80-27 .500 with 0 playoff appearances in 3 years and 1.0 PTS / game

And yet its OATES that gets fired today?
(and perhaps the Canes might stick with an UNPROVEN winner as an NHL head coach)?

Oh that's right, I almost forgot...

Canes owner Peter K said he had a nice dinner with Muller and he likes Muller -
I mean what more do we need in a head coach, as long as PK "likes" him that is all us STHs
care about -ARGH!!!

Give it till end of December 2014 season - about the halfway point.  That will be a good chunk of the season to measure Francis by with whatever changes he chooses to make.  With all due respect to his playing career who cares?  Think Scotty Bowman and again Stan Bowman with the Hawks.  Being a great player doesn't translate to squat regarding building/managing a great team.

We've made the playoffs once since we won the cup. We've givien multiple coaches (Laviolette, Maurice, and Muller) a chance and the same non-playoff result occurs. At this point, I think it comes down to the players. Ronnie said yesterday "I like players who absolutely love to compete." I don't believe our captain consistenlty "competes" to take this team back to the top. I would start with unloading Ward and trying to replace Eric with players who are willing to compete every night. We may have won with our core players in the past, but we have lost lots more with them than we have won.................And I agree with the last poster. Give Muller until at least December of 2014 with or without Staal and Ward.

Not sure what any of this has to do with Muller vs. Oates

Since no one seems to care or know enough about Oates and we already have topics knocking JR, Muller, Francis, Staal, Ward etc., opening another thread is redundant and unnecessary.