The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
OBXer

Trades, Buyouts and FA signings

We signed Brad Malone to 2 yr/1.3 million deal.  He doesn't seem to put up a lot of points.  Is he a pick up for our 4th line?

Teams are handing out crazy contracts in the EAst.  I am actually kind of glad we have not signed a sought after player.  5.5m for 5 years for Orpik?  Are you kidding me?  I hate to say it but suddenly Francis not doing much isn't looking so bad.

Edited by bluedevil58

I hope we're not missing out out on any signings on account of Ronnie being a rookie GM.  Its a fast and furious day and the Canes are nowhere to be seen on the radar...

I guess we let the dust settle and see what's still standing and who needs to make moves.

So ironic, not having cap space.

Shows what the overused phrase "Your best players have to be your best players" means.

Simply can't have a group of guys underperforming their contracts by a wide margin.

Staal squared, Semin, Skinner even Tlusty and of course Ward, just have to deliver or we need a blow up. But since we can't move Staal squared or Ward right now, we have littel choice but to give this group one more chance. Not ideal.

Still, if everyone getting paid has a slightly above average year, and Lindholm makes strides and at some point we can get some return and cap relief on Ward.....you never know.....

But this team needed one more piece last year, then lost Ruutu to non performance in addition to that, then we lost Lotkionov. So wwe are also going to need a Nash or Boychuk to really step up.

I guess we let the dust settle and see what's still standing and who needs to make moves.

So ironic, not having cap space.

Shows what the overused phrase "Your best players have to be your best players" means.

Simply can't have a group of guys underperforming their contracts by a wide margin.

Staal squared, Semin, Skinner even Tlusty and of course Ward, just have to deliver or we need a blow up. But since we can't move Staal squared or Ward right now, we have littel choice but to give this group one more chance. Not ideal.

Still, if everyone getting paid has a slightly above average year, and Lindholm makes strides and at some point we can get some return and cap relief on Ward.....you never know.....

But this team needed one more piece last year, then lost Ruutu to non performance in addition to that, then we lost Lotkionov. So wwe are also going to need a Nash or Boychuk to really step up.

Yup, Ronnie felt that Boychuk was interchangeable with Lotkionov. Looks like Boychuk will get the full chance to produce. Bellemore wanted more cash and years than Ronnie wanted to pay. Not sure what $'s Brett wants,just hoping our backfill is at least the same quality.

I'm happy we got Tlusty signed, Sorry to see Sutter go but he can be replaced. It didn'y appear he was going to get a 4th line shot here

Tlusty is worth the money. The problem with the one year is that if he gets back to 40 goal pace Tlusty he's going to need a big raise, and if he doesn't we may wish we didn't have him.

He did come on at the end of the year. I'm going to be optimistic.

Also, now signed, he could be traded.

Strike up the band.  Still, a vet AHL goalie for the AHL club. Had to be done.

In other news, I'm kind of proud of myself for just calling it a day after Francis had his presser and avoiding the one from PK iall together.

99 days til puck drop.

Edited by coastal_caniac

Haha..but yes it had to be done. It isn't a bad signing. I don't know much about him but we need depth at goal. He is a two time AHL Allstar and his numbers look good.