The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
colliefan

season schedule has been released

Are there any games you look forward to seeing? I love seeing the teams from Canada due to my mixed Canadian heritage (my father was from Moose Jaw, Sask)

I think I would like to see the Jets game. I have never seen the Jets play in person and Its alway nice to beat a MO team.

I'm looking forward to Saturday games... and once again, the Canes get the short end of the stick.  Well, better than last year (a paltry 5 games at home on Saturday) with 8 Saturday home games this year.  Still, 13 away.

Does JR/PK/RF ask for this?  Is it the Wolfpack?  What's up with this?  I love Saturday games.  I don't even tailgate.  But why so few?  Is the NHL trying to sink this franchise?  Or is it coming from the franchise's end?

Other than that, I always look forward to the Blackhawks game, my second team.  I'll likely have to buy that ticket outside my plan since I dropped to a mini plan.

I'm looking forward to Saturday games... and once again, the Canes get the short end of the stick.  Well, better than last year (a paltry 5 games at home on Saturday) with 8 Saturday home games this year.  Still, 13 away.

Does JR/PK/RF ask for this?  Is it the Wolfpack?  What's up with this?  I love Saturday games.  I don't even tailgate.  But why so few?  Is the NHL trying to sink this franchise?  Or is it coming from the franchise's end?

Other than that, I always look forward to the Blackhawks game, my second team.  I'll likely have to buy that ticket outside my plan since I dropped to a mini plan.

By my count NC State had 3 Saturday football games after hockey season began last year and 9 Saturday basketball games so there's that. Plus you might recall that State puts a hold on prime dates which can have an effect on the NHL schedule. Bottom line is that any percieved dearth of Saturday games is purely on NCSU and their athletics department and not a request from the Canes or a sinister plan by the NHL.

Just eyeballing this year's schedule does not seem anywhere near as brutal as last year's. Fewer back to backs, and no killer start.

If this team does find it's stride early, the first 15 games do not look that scary. Sure there's a West coast trip, but those are beatable teams, even Vancouver may be a bit down this year, w/ Kessler moved out. Even the Kings will be cup hang-overed and on an East coast trip and never really a regular season powerhouse.