The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
caniac79-ch1

Jersey Collector Thread

Since there is a Stick collector thread, we should have one for Jerseys to show off your Canes game jerseys, or affiliate game jerseys. So here goes! All of these are game used jerseys. Tanabe's was his last jersey prior to retirement. Will to trade or sale if the price is right.

jersey3.jpg

jersey1.jpg

jersey2.jpg

Edited by caniac79-ch1

Cool jerseys!

I have one, it is Michael Ryan's, game used for about 5 ice-time minutes in the Glen Wesley Night game against Boston.  Cool thing about it is that it's signed by both Michael Ryan and Glen Wesley.  Also, I found a signed 8x10 of Michael Ryan... wearing this jersey!  Makes for a good display.

michaelryanjersey.png

room3.jpg

I've been wanting to post this somewhere but unsure where, so forgive if this is wrong. I'm sure you all recall the banners that hung outside the RBC Center during the Stanley Cup run? Guess who bid on and won the 40ft banner on the north entrance? Yep, me. Ever since, I've argued with my wife how valuable that will be some day! Have not ever unfurled it to even photograph, but have promised my local Chevrolet dealer, a good friend, that if the Canes ever get back, that I'll loan it to him to display.

would love to see a photo of it.

I have a game worn Ranheim from 2000. It has the Raleigh Arena patch, the 2000 NHL patch and the Chaisson "3" patch. TO me, it's pretty cool and unique. 

I've been wanting to post this somewhere but unsure where, so forgive if this is wrong. I'm sure you all recall the banners that hung outside the RBC Center during the Stanley Cup run? Guess who bid on and won the 40ft banner on the north entrance? Yep, me. Ever since, I've argued with my wife how valuable that will be some day! Have not ever unfurled it to even photograph, but have promised my local Chevrolet dealer, a good friend, that if the Canes ever get back, that I'll loan it to him to display.

I also bid on one and currently have it hanging in the hockey room.

Here is my list:

Game Worn/Issued:

Niclas Wallin Autographed 2006-07 White Carolina Hurricanes Jersey

Alan Rourke Autographed 2005 Blue Lowell Lock Monsters President's Day Jersey

Michael Leighton Autographed 2007-08 Red Albany River Rats Jersey

Jerome Samson Autographed 2011 Eastern Conference AHL All Star Game Jersey

Riley Nash Autographed 2012-13 Red Charlotte Checkers Jersey (Got it signed by him last year as Full Season Ticket Party; He was surprised to see it!)

Jared Staal 2012-13 Red Charlotte Checkers Jersey

Michal Jordan Autographed 2013 Red Charlotte Checkers Jersey worn during AHL All Star Skills Competition

Mathieu Roy Autographed 2011 Charlotte Checkers NASCAR Night Game Issued Jersey

Replica/Authentic Jerseys:

Matt Cullen Autographed 2007-13 Red Carolina Hurricanes Home Hockey Jersey

Ray Whitney Autographed 2007-13 Red Carolina Hurricanes Home Hockey Jersey

Eric Staal Autographed 2010 Red Team Canada Olympic Jersey

Elias Lindholm 2014 Yellow Team Sweden IIHF World Junior Jersey

Justin Faulk 2014 White Team USA Olympic Jersey

Rod Brind'Amour Autographed Black Alternative Carolina Hurricanes Jersey

Andrej Sekera 2014 White Team Slovakia Olympic Jersey

I decided if I was to "invest" in jersey I wanted one from a player that could never be traded. When the Canes were clearing out the old replica away jerseys, I created a personalized “Joe Btfsplk" jersey with the number of 00. Only a few people such as I understand Joe's literary origins.  It funny seeing people using their cell phones to see the teams on which he played and then laughing when they see the joke.