The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
colliefan

select-a-seat

what is your day/time?  mine is 7/21 at 6PM.

I have had some unplaned medical issues and expenses.  so to save $$$ will need to move to the 300 level.  Will be selecting the best seat available. 

Evening- are you full season? 12 game here and haven't gotten any email about picking which pack or seat yet :(

I am full-season.

Beat you by an hour, collifan.  I'm in at 5:00 on 7/21.  STH since '02, so I guess I'm moving up in the priority list.  I doubt we'll move from our current seats in 105.  But you never know.

I'm 7/21, ^;00, too.  I probably won't move, but free popcorn is free popcorn.

found out this past season STHs get free refills on lemon-adie

Evening- are you full season? 12 game here and haven't gotten any email about picking which pack or seat yet :(

The mail basically said, "Hold your horses, don't call us, we'll call you!"  Yeah, so I'm waiting along with you.  :)

It has been a while since I've done 12.  Used to be they would just assign you.  According to my tix rep, we'll get to sign-on and choose in some sort of organized time slot?  Sounds interesting.

As for food freebies, I could care less.  Basically, all the arena food is poison* to any sort of decent diet.  I don't need the empty calories.

(* - I make exceptions for beer)

Edited by wxray1

As for food freebies, I could care less.  Basically, all the arena food is poison* to any sort of decent diet.  I don't need the empty calories.

(* - I make exceptions for beer)

What do you have against snout?

just got back from Select-a-Seat  Due to finances had to move from 130 to 328 Row B Seat 4.

I was surprised to see the number of seats with tags on them which meand the former occupant did not renew for this season

North end - lower level - section 111 :)

Last season I was a full season ticket holder in section 316. This season cutting back to 12 games and planning on sitting somewhere on the third level in the shoot twice zone.

just got back from Select-a-Seat Due to finances had to move from 130 to 328 Row B Seat 4.

I was surprised to see the number of seats with tags on them which meand the former occupant did not renew for this season

I am not all that surprised a lot of the fans have not renewed. Most fans have not been happy not making playoffs and the general direction of the team.

Last season I was a full season ticket holder in section 316. This season cutting back to 12 games and planning on sitting somewhere on the third level in the shoot twice zone.

Exactly the same for me.  Sounds like we'll be competing for seats.  :)

Full season was just too darn many games for this tripe.  I love the team, but I got tired of being angry every other day.  It didn't help that the season was compressed.  It was hardship to make some of the games --- and then only to watch a miserable performance.

I think I'll enjoy 12 to 18 games or so much better.  Turns out that going for 41 is not my thing.  I've done 12 before and it was perfect

BTW, the cost savings were not much.  I also suspect that the team was hoping to start boosting fanzone prices by now.  Any such plan is on hold until they improve.

Edited by wxray1

Went today at 5pm. Looking down and scanning the 100 sections, it appeared like 80-90% still available...yikes.

On the plus side, was greeted by GM Ron Francis as soon as I walked through the doors upstairs.

Went yesterday too.  Wow, A LOT of available seats.  More than I can remember in previous years.  Not looking good. 

Yeah, plenty of seats open when I was at Power Skating.

You can add my hubby and I to the 300 section for the 12 game plan.  Full season is just too much to try to get to every game for us.  Interested to see how the pick your seat works.  I'm trying to remember which seats we have liked in the past.  Would like to sit near some fellow STH.  

Exactly the same for me.  Sounds like we'll be competing for seats.  :)

Full season was just too darn many games for this tripe.  I love the team, but I got tired of being angry every other day.  It didn't help that the season was compressed.  It was hardship to make some of the games --- and then only to watch a miserable performance.

I think I'll enjoy 12 to 18 games or so much better.  Turns out that going for 41 is not my thing.  I've done 12 before and it was perfect

BTW, the cost savings were not much.  I also suspect that the team was hoping to start boosting fanzone prices by now.  Any such plan is on hold until they improve.

You can add my hubby and I to the 300 section for the 12 game plan.  Full season is just too much to try to get to every game for us.  Interested to see how the pick your seat works.  I'm trying to remember which seats we have liked in the past.  Would like to sit near some fellow STH.  

Last time I was on the 12 game plan was quite a few years ago.  Back then, you trusted the ticket department to get you the "best available".  So I'm also very interested to see how it goes.

In general, if you pick seats as low as possible, you'll be near STHers, unless your number is very recent.   Do keep in mind, however, that a lot of low seats are marked "partially obstructed", and the tix people generally won't put people there, and people don't like to select those.   Those can -- and do -- fill up with enemy fans.

You can add my hubby and I to the 300 section for the 12 game plan. Full season is just too much to try to get to every game for us. Interested to see how the pick your seat works. I'm trying to remember which seats we have liked in the past. Would like to sit near some fellow STH.

Same here would like to seat around STH as well. Last season I didn't have any STH around me. Moving to the shoot twice zone in the 300s this season. Looking forward to seeing how this online selection process is going to work.

Same here would like to seat around STH as well. Last season I didn't have any STH around me. Moving to the shoot twice zone in the 300s this season. Looking forward to seeing how this online selection process is going to work.

We're going to shoot twice despite the price.

Enemy fans like the shoot once side anyway, since that is shoot twice for them.

Looks like the arena will become segregated.