The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
colliefan

select-a-seat

My wife and I have been Full STH for about 4-5 seasons now. This year, we gambled and reduced her seat down to a 12-Game package, as with her job it makes it difficult for her to make most games. I kept one Full Season. Since we had aisle seats in the 300's, I tagged my wife's old seat as the Full Season (#23), thinking a single aisle seat (#24) would stay open and we would be able to get it when the 12-games were allowed to get their seats. Well the gambled failed. Someone at S-A-S took the single open seat for their Full Season Seat. Now we are waiting on the 12-Game package to see if I can relocate my seat next to my wife's new seat. I loved those seats, since they were the first row in our secton. Otherwise, we may have to cancel all together.

I had suggested to my ticket rep that those of us who have at least one full season and one other plan seat that we get to pick all our seats at the same time as oppose to having to do 2 S-A-S nights. I think that would benefit everyone involved.

Edited by hopper915

As for your other proposal... well, it is logical.  But the tix people are hard-nosed about this.  Why have a 12 seater sitting in prime full seating area?  Not fair according to them.  What is logical to you and me does not fit their business plan.

My wife and I have been Full STH for about 4-5 seasons now. This year, we gambled and reduced her seat down to a 12-Game package, as with her job it makes it difficult for her to make most games. I kept one Full Season. Since we had aisle seats in the 300's, I tagged my wife's old seat as the Full Season (#23), thinking a single aisle seat (#24) would stay open and we would be able to get it when the 12-games were allowed to get their seats. Well the gambled failed. Someone at S-A-S took the single open seat for their Full Season Seat. Now we are waiting on the 12-Game package to see if I can relocate my seat next to my wife's new seat. I loved those seats, since they were the first row in our secton. Otherwise, we may have to cancel all together.

I had suggested to my ticket rep that those of us who have at least one full season and one other plan seat that we get to pick all our seats at the same time as oppose to having to do 2 S-A-S nights. I think that would benefit everyone involved.

A surprising number of people come to the games alone.  We had quite a few loners in our section.  I'm not surprised to see your prime isle seat go.

Recall, the tix people actually reserved slews of seats a few years ago right in the middle of lower rows of some sections so that 24 gamers couldn't get them.  This was on a wing and a prayer that those seats would be filled by brand new full STHers eventually.  (I think that was the All-Star year.)  We ended up having enemy fans sitting in front of us most games because they didn't ever sell them to full STHers and had to release them.  I was very, very angry about that.

Edited by wxray1

As for your other proposal... well, it is logical.  But the tix people are hard-nosed about this.  Why have a 12 seater sitting in prime full seating area?  Not fair according to them.  What is logical to you and me does not fit their business plan.

Recall, the tix people actually reserved slews of seats a few years ago right in the middle of lower rows of some sections so that 24 gamers couldn't get them.  This was on a wing and a prayer that those seats would be filled by brand new full STHers eventually.  (I think that was the All-Star year.)  We ended up having enemy fans sitting in front of us most games because they didn't ever sell them to full STHers and had to release them.  I was very, very angry about that.

Yea, I know what you're talking about. For the past couple seasons, the seats directly behind mine we'd see visiting fans for about 50% of the games, even though they were "reserved" as full season ticket seats. Last year, we saw Flyers, Sharks, Penguins to name a few fans that sat behind us. Other games we did see Canes fans, the same couple, so I was a little confused. Maybe they sold tickets to games they couldn't go to to visiting fans?

Actually it was my ticket rep who suggested we try that, in hopes of keeping our seats. We've been season ticket holders of some type since 2001. Started out getting the race for the playoff package in 2001. We've been every type of season ticket holder they've offered.

I still don't understand why you wouldn't lock up the aisle seat and let the other seat go through SAS.  It is much more likely for someone to select an aisle even if it's a one-off.  I'm assuming you would prefer to have kept the aisle and lost the second seat, correct?

I still don't understand why you wouldn't lock up the aisle seat and let the other seat go through SAS.  It is much more likely for someone to select an aisle even if it's a one-off.  I'm assuming you would prefer to have kept the aisle and lost the second seat, correct?

The inner seat could have gone to the people next to us if they wanted to extend to 3 seats, so we tied up that seat. The aisle seat is an obstructed view as well which I thought would deter someone from getting that seat as well. The handrail and protected glass is in your way when you look at the end the Canes defend twice so you kinda have to look around it to actually see.

I got my S-A-S for the 12 game seat. Online only selection. Interesting.

Edited by hopper915

I got my S-A-S for the 12 game seat. Online only selection. Interesting.

does the sales deptartment not want a visual clue how poorly season ticket sales are going?

We selected our seats.  We are in 305 E.  Where is everyone else?  

Anyone?  

Anyone?

Bueller?

*crickets chirping*

Edited by CamsMom

for those of you who went out to SAS over the past couple of days, has the availability of seats gone down?   i would hope that after all the selection events have taken place that more people would have purchased seats.

for those of you who went out to SAS over the past couple of days, has the availability of seats gone down?   i would hope that after all the selection events have taken place that more people would have purchased seats.

People are getting row E in the upper deck.  Sounds pretty open to me. I also got row E yesterday in the upper deck, center of the row, not obstructed.

We selected our seats.  We are in 305 E.  Where is everyone else?  

Anyone?  

Anyone?

Bueller?

*crickets chirping*

What seats?

I am in 304.

Colliefan - I thought you sat in the 130 section? My wife and I sit in 130 Row W 14 & 15 (you'd remember her before me!). If you are who I think, we spoke several times last year during the breaks. 

Hopefully the boys can have a good season or it may be my last!

Colliefan - I thought you sat in the 130 section? My wife and I sit in 130 Row W 14 & 15 (you'd remember her before me!). If you are who I think, we spoke several times last year during the breaks. 

Hopefully the boys can have a good season or it may be my last!

I did. Had to move upstairs to save $$