The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
OBXer

Francis voted Greatest Hurricane

Ron Francis was voted greatest Hurricane player in a NBC Sports poll on  facebook, Twitter and Instagram.

NBC Sports

Carolina Hurricanes

1. Ron Francis (639)

2. Rod Brind’Amour (438)

3. Eric Staal (178)

4. Cam Ward (109)

I agree with the poll but you sure could make a case for Brindy

If you look at this from strictly a Carolina Hurricanes point of view, you can definitely make a case for Brindy. However, due to the nature of the polling, you can expect there to be some bias based on their overall career.

That is true it did included Hartford in the social media poll. But even if it didn't I would have a hard time deciding between Brindy and Francis if someone asked me, If you are going to build a hockey team and could choose one Carolina Hurricane player to build around, who would it be?

I would pick Francis but wouldn't be disappointed if I had picked Brindy. They are both proven winners and leaders in my book.

I would pick Brindy based on achievements in a Hurricanes jersey. If we're looking at Hartford/Carolina then Ronnie.

For fun, the greatest player to ever wear the Whaler jersey to me is Gordie Howe and the Greatest player to ever wear the Hurricanes jersey to me is Paul Coffey. Looking at overall careers, not Hurricanes or Whaler accomplishments.

Yea I know where Francis sits on the all time points list, it's a baiting choice. I personally think scoring 1,500 at defense is a bit more jaw dropping then 1,700 at Center.