The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Swanson

CheckMates Fan Vote

Swanson, interesting that you've posted this, as my limited impression of these girls, and might add my wife's, is they out performed ours when they came, by a mile!! Further, I would love it, if sometime they had the 2 groups perform together at a game and let the fans there that night vote on which group performed best!!

Don't forget to vote for the Checkmates for a chance to win free tickets to Checkers games.

http://gocheckers.com/articles/796-choose-the-checkmates-fan-vote

Would be cool to see this for the Storm Squad.

Not sure if it's the Charlotte area, but they seem to get a huge turnout for tryouts compared to the Storm Squad.

Does the Storm Squad even have an open tryout every year? It almost seems like the girls in place have "tenure" regardless of whether there are better candidates who might want to participate.

Does the Storm Squad even have an open tryout every year? It almost seems like the girls in place have "tenure" regardless of whether there are better candidates who might want to participate.

Tryouts are next week.

I think that's part of the problem. There should be a limit on years (1-3?).

The Checkers get a incredible amount of girls to tryout. Do the Canes? If not why? We have a lot of college age students in this area. 

Then again maybe it's not that fun or the non-game day appearances aren't for everyone.

Better yet, why aren't the Storm Squad using the shovels? Works at other arenas and could be a cost savings to combine the two. 

But I agree, it would be awesome to be on shovel duty. So close to the action and the players. Very cool.