The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
OBXer

Once they were Canes

10 hours ago, Bonivan said:

BTW Rask scored for Wild. His first after the trade.

Good for him. Just needs 4 more to catch Nino. 

Cam Ward with 5 wins in a row now. Hasn’t allowed more than 3 in any of those. 40 saves in a win over NJ. Wardo playing really good right now.

• Like 1

On 2/14/2019 at 11:25 PM, surfzone365 said:

Cam Ward with 5 wins in a row now. Hasn’t allowed more than 3 in any of those. 40 saves in a win over NJ. Wardo playing really good right now.

Yep we rode that horse. When the streak ends,  you have to eat the horse.

8 hours ago, cc said:

Yep we rode that horse. When the streak ends,  you have to eat the horse.

So far so good 👍🏽.  Would love to see Wardo in the playoffs if it’s meant to be.

Skinner just had to be helped off the ice. 

Edited by legend-1
Not sure how the injury happened just saw Facebook talking about it

5 minutes ago, legend-1 said:

Skinner just got destroyed and had to be helped off the ice. 

Hope he was stood up for afterward more than he ever was here.

By the facebook pic I thought he got rocked, Hagelin can openered him. Skinner didn't know Hagelin had slipped his stick between his legs and took a full stride torquing his left leg.

Skins looks done for the year, but so did Lacko Tackos.

Edited by legend-1

If there are 2 teams I would like to see lose at the same time, it would be the Slugs AND Craps.  I won’t be losing any sleep over Washington getting pummeled in this one.

15 minutes ago, AWACSooner said:

B’s just signed Stempniak to a 1-year deal

Interesting.  They first signed him to a PTO on Feb 15th and just now to a 1 yr contract and placed him on waivers to assign him to their AHL team.  He had two goals and two assists in four games with the AHL Bruins on the PTO.   Seems like insurance in case something happens to the current roster after the trade deadline.

I always liked him, hope he does well (except against us, of course).  And there's a chance he may; not sure if he dropped off so much last season because of his age or because he was never fully recovered when he came back from his last injury?  If the latter, perhaps a year off might put him back at 2016-17 level, where I thought he was a positive asset. . 

Wouldn't it be a snitch if some other team claimed him off waivers though, lol?  What's the rule on playoff eligibility?  Signed with a team as of Feb 25th?  If a rival wanted to sabotage Boston and had a roster spot available, couldn't they claim Stemp off waivers, sit him in the press box for a few games, and then run him through waivers for their AHL team if they so desired?   

The Columbus Blue Jackets re-signed Zac Dalpe to a two-year, two-way contract. 

I was browsing another board and was a little surprised to read that Flames fans were really happy with what they got from Derek Ryan at a cost of $3.15m this year.  13G, 38P, and a +21.  Good for him.

Noticed the Hawks started playing Ward again, wonder if he's retiring. Wish he'd get one more win to move out his wins tie with Khabibulin. Whom he tied with 100 less games played, but Cam always sucked 🙄

Edited by legend-1

Klas Dahlbek won Gagarin Cup - a KHL equivalent of Stanley Cup. And Viktor Stahlberg played for the team that lost in a final series.