The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
OBXer

Once they were Canes

I certainly feel the Blues' fans pain. So glad he was traded away, as I've felt that way about him for a while now. When players/teams figured out how to neutralize Justin's point shot on the PP, he began to falter. He could play with some grit, I'll give him that, but his D was, and appears to be suspect. "Divisive" IDK, but I had my suspicions.

13 hours ago, LakeLivin said:

I suspect he means divisive with regard to fan perception of him, not Faulk being a divisive influence on the team?

That sounds familiar. 

On 2/3/2020 at 6:57 PM, KJUNKANE said:

I certainly feel the Blues' fans pain. So glad he was traded away, as I've felt that way about him for a while now. When players/teams figured out how to neutralize Justin's point shot on the PP, he began to falter. He could play with some grit, I'll give him that, but his D was, and appears to be suspect. "Divisive" IDK, but I had my suspicions.

Well, sometimes 3 minutes into a game, he unleashes that cannon, and it turns into a goal when the opposing goalie spits out a rebound right in front of the goal. I don’t think Faulk was a divisive player, and I’m not sure about his effort level being suspect, but I’m sure Blues fans are gagging at 6 more years of what he brings at $6.5 million per year. That’s going to be a hard contract to bury.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bluedevilcane said:

I’m sure Blues fans are gagging at 6 more years of what he brings at $6.5 million per year. That’s going to be a hard contract to bury.

Slugs fans are probably thinking the same with #53

3 hours ago, bluedevilcane said:

I don’t think Faulk was a divisive player

I honestly can't think of a more-divisive player the Canes have had in the past decade.

35 minutes ago, realmdrakkar said:

I honestly can't think of a more-divisive player the Canes have had in the past decade.

Later Eric Staal is a good one. 

skinner too. Especially post trade.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, gocanes0506 said:

Later Eric Staal is a good one. 

skinner too. Especially post trade.

They were, but i'm not sure even those 2 split the fans and naysayers like Faulk did.  He certainly had a knack for it.

16 hours ago, realmdrakkar said:

My point was not among fans. It was within the locker room. As far as the fans who post here, Faulk, Eric Staal and Cam Ward were favorite whipping boys the last years of the playoff drought. As far as the wider fan base, and as I have posted here before, I was waiting in line for the doors to open to PNC when the Staal trade was announced, and I’d say 75% of the fans were upset that we traded him. One or two people were apoplectic. Maybe that’s what you mean by divisive-that fans had widely differing opinions. As a player, I really believe Dundon, Waddell and Rod would like to have kept Faulk, but not for much over half of what St. Louis paid him. No way he fits in here at $6.5 million with the contracts we have already given and the contract we will have to give Svech.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bluedevilcane said:

My point was not among fans. It was within the locker room. As far as the fans who post here, Faulk, Eric Staal and Cam Ward were favorite whipping boys the last years of the playoff drought. As far as the wider fan base, and as I have posted here before, I was waiting in line for the doors to open to PNC when the Staal trade was announced, and I’d say 75% of the fans were upset that we traded him. One or two people were apoplectic. Maybe that’s what you mean by divisive-that fans had widely differing opinions. As a player, I really believe Dundon, Waddell and Rod would like to have kept Faulk, but not for much over half of what St. Louis paid him. No way he fits in here at $6.5 million with the contracts we have already given and the contract we will have to give Svech.

Yeah, my slant is fully about the fans.  I never saw any indication he was divisive in the locker room.

Tough luck.

TSN: The Vancouver Canucks announced winger Micheal Ferland suffered concussion-like symptoms during an AHL rehab game last night. His last game with the Canucks was Dec. 10.

Ferland is a warrior but man, how man "concussion-like symptoms" does it take before you admit to yourself enough is enough.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Whaler1 said:

Ferland is a warrior but man, how man "concussion-like symptoms" does it take before you admit to yourself enough is enough.

I was thinking the same. I wish him well and hope it is only symptoms and not a concussion but at what point does his future life quality make him consider hanging up the skates.

In his first game for the Rags, Goat played a little over 7 minutes and registered 1 SOG and 2 Giveaways.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Whaler1 said:

In his first game for the Rags, Goat played a little over 7 minutes and registered 1 SOG and 2 Giveaways.

Also drew a penalty on a breakaway he created with his speed. Rags fans seem happy with his debut.

2 hours ago, AmxCanes said:

dont know if this was posted before or not. Always cheered for him when he was a cane

Gerbe never took shiz from anyone, lol.  Glad to see he's still contributing.

Edited by LakeLivin