The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
OBXer

Once they were Canes

19 hours ago, LakeLivin said:

Forget the Marley girl, Labar is cute! 

I've been wishing the board would forget the Marley girl for 3 seasons and through 2 Marley girls at this point.

19 hours ago, LakeLivin said:

Forget the Marley girl, Labar is cute! 

I’m probably in the minority here, but I think the same of Sarah Civian

• Like 1

On 10/11/2020 at 11:47 AM, AWACSooner said:

I’m probably in the minority here, but I think the same of Sarah Civian

I wouldn't describe Sara as cute. But she's certainly not unattractive, and she seems refreshingly willing to highlight the attributes that nature gave her (cleavage, lol). She seems to know her stuff when it comes to sports (I don't subscribe to The Athletic), and I see no reason sexy can't coexist with that.

Edited by LakeLivin
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, LakeLivin said:

Lucas Wallmark to the Blackhawks. One year, $950k.

Not bad...he wasn’t gonna get re upped here anyways...not with Geekie coming along 

On 10/10/2020 at 7:50 PM, Canesfanforever said:

TVR To the Caps .   Wont miss that Pylon Box | Pylon

He wasn't that bad just didn't have a place on a team with a stcked blue line

2 hours ago, Canesfanforever said:

Canes cant be serious  having   Nedeljkovic's  back up be  Helvig     .   Helvig  has complications  being a goalie .

Vegas owner is making it sound like having a season at all might be a long shot. Says the league is gate revenue based and without 50% capacity and border crossing the season would cost teams to much to run

10 hours ago, Derailed75 said:

Vegas owner is making it sound like having a season at all might be a long shot. Says the league is gate revenue based and without 50% capacity and border crossing the season would cost teams to much to run

That  is where  Tv Contracts  come in and they come in a plenty .  Rogers  / Nbc  pay a fair amount in revenue .  So there is that at least .  

Call me a conspiracy theorist but what were the chances John and Doc talked about when Doc would retire? And if so would he ever have signed back with the Canes.  No way to know but a theory nonetheless.

11 minutes ago, cc said:

Call me a conspiracy theorist but what were the chances John and Doc talked about when Doc would retire? And if so would he ever have signed back with the Canes.  No way to know but a theory nonetheless.

Thought the same.  I'm guessing that John wanted both.  A reduced Canes load and an increased national load.  I think Doc did that in the last years.

We're not getting the full story on the dispute and non-renewal of JF's time here.

Edited by wxray1

8 hours ago, cc said:

NBC hasn’t hired John yet. I’m not sure Doc Emerick cares who replaces him at NBC either. I hope John gets the job, but I’m sure there are others who want it. I think in addition to his obvious talents, he somewhat owes his ascension at NBC to the 10 years of Canes playoff futility. He was always available to do playoff games when other broadcasters were still calling games for their “home” team.

Joakim Nordström  signs a one year deal with Calgary for $700k. He doesn't bring much with regard to scoring, but I always liked the rest of his game. And he only reinforced that  opinion in our series against the Bruins this summer.

That reminds me, I was surprised to read that Peter Karmanos was in the room with the Canes Committee for the first day of the draft this year.  I forget that he's still a minority owner. 

12 hours ago, AmxCanes said:

For some reason, I've always thought highly of the son, and certainly not the Dad? I wonder if there's any connection left or that Jason might be considered an asset enough to be brought back to "the committee"? Or is his expertise superfluous now?

21 hours ago, AmxCanes said:

Pittsburgh is cleaning house one level too low. All the assistant coaches canned, but not the HC. An assistant GM (with long-time ties to the GM) but not the head guy. They are bereft of draft picks, top prospects and organizational depth. When Sid and Malkin hit the age wall, they will fall hard. Rutherford would do well to get out voluntarily before the inevitable decline becomes his legacy.

• Like 1